4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

Untrue. We don't just make crap up. I have seen people post REPORTS of big numbers, but I haven't seem a UM fan just make up nonsense like that.

Show me where someone FALSELY invented a story about how much a UM player was paid. Particularly of the "Miami paid Citizen $150K" or "Miami paid Darrell Jackson $350K" variety.

Show me those "rival payments" stories invented by UM posters, the ones that you can ONLY find on CIS and nowhere else.

I'll wait.......

I'll take a wild shot...

I believe it was said that UFukkerz paid around $250k to get Marshall.

Maybe it is true, but it too could be a very inflated number.

But your point is well taken.

Advertisement
I'll take a wild shot...

200 k and that came from both sides. Gators were saying we paid almost double that for Jackson just to put the lunacy in perspective.

Advertisement
Go to TN: Get a little more money, play for an average quarterback with no chance for the conference championship, let alone the CFP.

Go to Miami: Still get 6 figures, but less than TN, good chance at becoming a very good quarterbacks top target with a very good chance at the conference championship and a long shot at CFP.

If he believes he's an NFL quality receiver, he'll choose the most likely option to get him there. That's us.

Advertisement
Was the leader… keep leaving those breadcrumbs.
611E346C-97AC-46F8-9DCF-79935AC0C2CF.gif

If we get him is it a big deal? And if we miss is it a big deal?

To be honest, I think we got guys that will step up.
You significantly underestimate the importance of having a tested leader in the WR room. He has done it ... has a 1000 receiving season under his belt ... and is CONFIDENT that he can do that or better again with the right coach, QB and scheme. He is HUNGRY. A lot of football execution success is due to confidence and attitude. He immediately makes the WR room a better and more productive. Players up their game when player with talented players. Just like you play a better golf game when paired with a better player. Do not underestimate the importance of this recruit ... it is a huge get for UM if it happens.

You significantly underestimate the importance of having a tested leader in the WR room. He has done it ... has a 1000 receiving season under his belt ... and is CONFIDENT that he can do that or better again with the right coach, QB and scheme. He is HUNGRY. A lot of football execution success is due to confidence and attitude. He immediately makes the WR room a better and more productive. Players up their game when player with talented players. Just like you play a better golf game when paired with a better player. Do not underestimate the importance of this recruit ... it is a huge get for UM if it happens.
I hope everything your saying is correct.

Go to TN: Get a little more money, play for an average quarterback with no chance for the conference championship, let alone the CFP.

Go to Miami: Still get 6 figures, but less than TN, good chance at becoming a very good quarterbacks top target with a very good chance at the conference championship and a long shot at CFP.

If he believes he's an NFL quality receiver, he'll choose the most likely option to get him there. That's us.

Here's the thing that confuses me...

How can we believe flash will get more nil at Tennessee?

We have a ton of businesses that might use him for advertising, and I suspect most would pay him more than the lesser opportunities he'd get in Tennessee.

Based on my baseless theory, if the most money is important to him, we Canes are the easy choice!

NOTE: I'm theorizing that nil $ is a complete unknown until after he signs here, and the plethora of suitable businesses here THEN offer him nil deals.

Advertisement

Hendon Hooker was dominant in Josh Huepel offense, 36 Total TDs 3INTs, 3600 total yards and 68% completion

If he is considering Tennessee:
Positives:
- You can play checkers in their endzone
- The Honkytonk Man once lived there; you can see his house at Graceland
- Jerry The King Lawler lives in Memphis, Sid Justice lives right across state lines

Negatives
- Miami staff is better. So much better
- Miami QB is a first round draft choice. Build the connection now…you might be playing WITH him on Sundays if you have a team with multiple first round picks
- Miami has beautiful beaches
- South Florida has the best Italian restaurant of all time - Zucharellis
- Where else but Lake Osceola can you see alligator, barracudas, tarpon, crocodiles, manatees, mutated ducks, and armies of iguanas?

Advertisement
I'll take a wild shot...

Couple things...

---That was pre-NIL. Under the table. It's different for NIL, since there are contracts, so when someone "fakes" an NIL number, it is fairly easily disputable. I mean, we LITERALLY have posters on this board who have done NIL deals with players, who have seen the contracts, who can tell you FOR A FACT what a player is paid for a particular deal. So, yes, I tend to trust people with actual knowledge of deals more than random Gaytor porsters.

---I heard the Jason Marshall number at the time it happened, from someone who I believe had knowledge (and I heard Marshall got 200K plus the coach got paid, so maybe "total value" was closer to 250K). The dollar-amount didn't arise months later, after the "Gaytor coach promised him a starting job" excuse had tanked with the target audience for excuses. And the number didn't keep going up over time. Just look at the Gaytor arguments over what UM and UiF offered to Darrell Jackson, they can't even get their lies or their numbers straight.

---Gaytor fans have ACTUALLY bragged about making illicit payments DURING THE NIL ERA. We have screenshots on the Gaytor Tears thread. They BRAGGED about offering Perkins a no-show Shands job for his mother, Hogtown housing for his family, and a separate bag of cash for his father. NONE of those items are "NIL". I may hate The Gaytor, but I didn't make that stuff up, it was on their own members-only 247 board from their own porsters. So if they were willing to violate the rules WHEN NIL IS LEGAL, it's not such a big stretch to believe that they offered illicit payments pre-NIL too. And if you quantify what they offered Perkins and compare it to what they (were alleged to have) offered Marshall, it has a comparable dollar value, though Marshall's deal was "all-cash".

Last edited:
Hendon Hooker was dominant in Josh Huepel offense, 36 Total TDs 3INTs, 3600 total yards and 68% completion

Annnd, just like that, Mackbammer is back, chanting "SEC-SEC-SEC"...

Ah, yes, the old "total" stats nonsense. Sure, Hooker runs as well as passes. I'm sure all those running stats will convince a WIDE RECEIVER to want to play with Hendon Hooker. Give me a ******* break.

Under 3,000 yards of PASSING. 31 PASSING TDs, 5 of which came in an overtime bowl-game loss. Tennessee lost 6 games, and not because of having a coach who was fired.

Meanwhile, Tyler Van Dyke had comparable PASSING stats while only playing in 3/4 of the games that Hooker played. More importantly, Hooker was the primary QB in SIX losses for Tennessee, while TVD was only the starter for THREE Miami losses, all of which were decided on the final drive (doinked FG, pick when we should have kicked, and a 4th-and-14 fluke given up by our defense). TVD could very easily have gone undefeated as a starter.

So, yeah, maybe Flash is smarter than the average SEC-Bama fan, smart enough to not fall for the "total yardage/total TDs" false equivalency, smart enough to evaluate who the better passing QB is...

Here's the thing that confuses me...

How can we believe flash will get more nil at Tennessee?

We have a ton of businesses that might use him for advertising, and I suspect most would pay him more than the lesser opportunities he'd get in Tennessee.

Based on my baseless theory, if the most money is important to him, we Canes are the easy choice!

NOTE: I'm theorizing that nil $ is a complete unknown until after he signs here, and the plethora of suitable businesses here THEN offer him nil deals.
We're probably just not offering as much. It's not about who has more funds, but rather how we allocate them. We're banking on selling him on a rising draft stock if he were to be our #1 WR with TVD at the helm. UT is throwing more cash because they simply want to.

Advertisement
Back