4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

Advertisement
Huepel has committed to losing 25 LBs by 8/1 to lower his risk of falling into a diabetic coma and missing the season. Might be tough to overcome for Mario

I don’t **** with passive aggressive. Say what you mean and mean what you say, everything else is bull****

fred.gif

We will find out a lot about this kid in the next 24-48 hours. Long term (TVD/NFL) vs Short term (Hooker/UDFA). $50K-$100K ain't worth it in the short term in my opinion.

Hope we get this kid but I honestly don't think he will change our win or loss trajectory.

If he comes here he's guaranteed to make the NFL and if he goes to Tennessee he's a UDFA?

Just a smidge of objectivity on this board once in a blue moon would be amazing.

Velus Jones just got drafted early in the 3rd round. WR from Tennessee. Hooker didn't even start I believe until about Week 3, they were playing that corpse Joe Milton early on. Cedric Tillman also had a big year for them and is definitely on NFL boards for next year. I'm not even saying take off the orange and green glasses, just lift em up off your nose once in a while and take a quick peek.

Advertisement
From Rivals:

-Spent the entire visit with Mario and Josh Gattis
-They laid out the offense for him and showed him a six month plan specifically for him on how they will make him a star at Miami and move him into the NFL

"They are real good people, know what they're talking about," Robinson said. "We did pro talk, into the league. It was skipping all the bull****, just business."

- Said he had been messaging with TVD before the visit and then hopped on a video chat with him while on campus
"He wants me, is pushing for me. They lost their top two receivers and need a dude to come in and replace that, be a leader and help the younger guys out. He needs a go-to man."
-
I think we got him.

Advertisement
From Gaby, on what stood out to him about Miami:

“Coaching staff,” Robinson said. “The people they have here, the resume. It’s always about the resume and your background. When you have people who can speak for you and on your behalf, it’s always going to take you where you want to be.”

He also mentioned he plans to speak with TVD some more
Young man seems to be doing his due diligence. As he should be. He made it clear it was about business. This **** ain’t for the weak and thin skin types. .

We will find out a lot about this kid in the next 24-48 hours. Long term (TVD/NFL) vs Short term (Hooker/UDFA). $50K-$100K ain't worth it in the short term in my opinion.

Hope we get this kid but I honestly don't think he will change our win or loss trajectory.
We don’t need any more Hooker talk. Next thing, El Trafficante will be coming in (hey ooooooh) and planting that flag on this thread as well.

Your perspective makes sense if you’re grading on a curve. When we line up against A&M, all that’s gonna matter is can our guys beat their guys, the curve doesn’t matter. There are no handicaps in football.

You need difference makers like Addison to win big games. That’s nothing for or against Mario, it’s just how the sport tends to work.

Maybe the ‘23 class will be top 3 and we bring in a bunch of stud transfers. Then I’ll pat coach on the back. But I don’t tend to give out accolades until they’re earned and right now, today, our blue chip ratio is pretty much par with last year. That’s the only fact to go on right now. Everything else is hopes and dreams which I put zero stock in
:monkey-serious:

Advertisement
If he comes here he's guaranteed to make the NFL and if he goes to Tennessee he's a UDFA?

Just a smidge of objectivity on this board once in a blue moon would be amazing.

Velus Jones just got drafted early in the 3rd round. WR from Tennessee. Hooker didn't even start I believe until about Week 3, they were playing that corpse Joe Milton early on. Cedric Tillman also had a big year for them and is definitely on NFL boards for next year. I'm not even saying take off the orange and green glasses, just lift em up off your nose once in a while and take a quick peek.
Rambo just broke the single season reception/yardage record and didn't even get drafted. Having a great QB does not guarantee squat. Rambo's knock was his smaller frame and this kid is shorter and only 180lbs. He could come here and have a great season and still not make it.

Rambo just broke the single season reception/yardage record and didn't even get drafted. Having a great QB does not guarantee squat. Rambo's knock was his smaller frame and this kid is shorter and only 180lbs. He could come here and have a great season and still not make it.

Agreed with this. Either way he has a tough road to the NFL. But here he knows that TVD can get him the ball. And his OC is also his position coach.

The thing that knocked him down in the draft was his speed. If he would’ve ran a sub 4.4 he would gone way early.
Too many dudes his size in The draft that ran faster.

Rondale Moore is 5’7. But he ran a 4.29.

Speed is becoming more of a commodity than size.
The outlier in all of this would actually be DK Metcalf. I can’t explain that drop in the draft at all.
You’re seeing a lot of dudes going in the draft and getting recruited that are short but really fast.

Advertisement
The thing that knocked him down in the draft was his speed. If he would’ve ran a sub 4.4 he would gone way early.
Too many dudes his size in The draft that ran faster.

Rondale Moore is 5’7. But he ran a 4.29.

Speed is becoming more of a commodity than size.
The outlier in all of this would actually be DK Metcalf. I can’t explain that drop in the draft at all.
You’re seeing a lot of dudes going in the draft and getting recruited that are short but really fast.
He was hurt, I’ll touch on this in an upcoming podcast I am doing with @Rellyrell but the combine speed we saw wasn’t his actual speed. If Rambo gets healthy, he will be more than fine speed-wise but like many other athletes under Manny’s watch, he played hurt and he reaggravated injuries as a result.

He was hurt, I’ll touch on this in an upcoming podcast I am doing with @Rellyrell but the combine speed we saw wasn’t his actual speed. If Rambo gets healthy, he will be more than fine speed-wise but like many other athletes under Manny’s watch, he played hurt and he reaggravated injuries as a result.
A @Rellyrell podcast?!?!? When’s that coming?

Correct. And yet another reason why the comment I responded to is Homerism 101. Also, don’t compare Hooker’s numbers to TVD’s 😶😶😶😶

Advertisement
Back