4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

Advertisement
If we get him is it a big deal? And if we miss is it a big deal?

To be honest, I think we got guys that will step up.

You say a lot of dumb **** but I mostly agree with this post. I think Phillips would have been star regardless of where he went but we certainly haven't brought in anyone that could be a 1st rd pick this year. I think we've addressed needs but Addison is a superstar unlike anything else we have on roster. If the bar is ACC coastal I think we have enough.

Thanks, I think.

Advertisement
Mario has been portal recruiting for us for about three months. You’re comparing three months to three years.

Your perspective makes sense if you’re grading on a curve. When we line up against A&M, all that’s gonna matter is can our guys beat their guys, the curve doesn’t matter. There are no handicaps in football.

You need difference makers like Addison to win big games. That’s nothing for or against Mario, it’s just how the sport tends to work.

Maybe the ‘23 class will be top 3 and we bring in a bunch of stud transfers. Then I’ll pat coach on the back. But I don’t tend to give out accolades until they’re earned and right now, today, our blue chip ratio is pretty much par with last year. That’s the only fact to go on right now. Everything else is hopes and dreams which I put zero stock in

Your perspective makes sense if you’re grading on a curve. When we line up against A&M, all that’s gonna matter is can our guys beat their guys, the curve doesn’t matter. There are no handicaps in football.

You need difference makers like Addison to win big games. That’s nothing for or against Mario, it’s just how the sport tends to work.

Maybe the ‘23 class will be top 3 and we bring in a bunch of stud transfers. Then I’ll pat coach on the back. But I don’t tend to give out accolades until they’re earned and right now, today, our blue chip ratio is pretty much par with last year. That’s the only fact to go on right now. Everything else is hopes and dreams which I put zero stock in

Is this real life?

Advertisement

Maybe the ‘23 class will be top 3 and we bring in a bunch of stud transfers. Then I’ll pat coach on the back. But I don’t tend to give out accolades until they’re earned and right now, today, our blue chip ratio is pretty much par with last year. That’s the only fact to go on right now

I’m not grading on a curve. I’m grading apples to apples.

You can’t compare your GPA after your first semester to someone else’s GPA after they graduate.

Going to be ups and downs over the next three years or so, after which we will know the trajectory of the program, whether we’re approaching the perennial top five, top 10, and occasional playoff contender. In the meantime Mario just needs the time to build the program his way.

Advertisement
I’m not grading on a curve. I’m grading apples to apples.

You can’t compare your GPA after your first semester to someone else’s GPA after they graduate.

Going to be ups and downs over the next three years or so, after which we will know the trajectory of the program, whether we’re approaching the perennial top five, top 10, and occasional playoff contender. In the meantime Mario just needs the time to build the program his way.

I don’t disagree with that and I don’t believe I said anything to contradict your point

Advertisement
We will find out a lot about this kid in the next 24-48 hours. Long term (TVD/NFL) vs Short term (Hooker/UDFA). $50K-$100K ain't worth it in the short term in my opinion.

Hope we get this kid but I honestly don't think he will change our win or loss trajectory.

If we get him is it a big deal? And if we miss is it a big deal?

To be honest, I think we got guys that will step up.
Glad you're not the head coach!! There is a reason that Mario Cristobal and Josh Gattis spent TWO entire days with Robinson.

Advertisement
Back