4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Robby Anderson still has eligibility?

giphy.gif

Big pick up for Miami!

Adding an NFL player from the Portal is some next level sh*t!
He actually showed up for Week 1
Screenshot_20220905_165143.jpg

Ivey and Couch are in the 2-deep coming off their worst seasons. I'm optimistic press man helps with Couch if he can regain confidence. Ivey on other hand is a long slow corner with tight hips(pause). Curtis and Dunson aren't battle tested so they could go either way. So going into season we have Porter who is a nickle with not great physical attributes (ht,speed). Stevenson CB1 not any real comp to make him better. 3 freshmen each with different skill sets nothing day 1 ready to start.
The insiders every year have the O&G glasses on so have to take that into account. We will see week 2 but I certainly would have felt better with another Alpha or physical specimen in CB room.
Eddie Murphy GIF by Coming to America

Advertisement
How much were we hurt by getting portal stop gap after portal stop gap instead of recruiting and developing difference makers in house? These guys never got to take their lumps last year because Manny went and got Rambo to try and save his job.

2021 leading receiver: Rambo, transfer.
2020 leading receiver: Harley, in house.
2019 leading receiver: Osborne, transfer.

These guys need reps but we keep wanting to take the easy way out.

How much were we hurt by getting portal stop gap after portal stop gap instead of recruiting and developing difference makers in house? These guys never got to take their lumps last year because Manny went and got Rambo to try and save his job.

2021 leading receiver: Rambo, transfer.
2020 leading receiver: Harley, in house.
2019 leading receiver: Osborne, transfer.

These guys need reps but we keep wanting to take the easy way out.
From Richt to Diaz so many WR misses & poor evals. Missed on guys like Jeudy, Haselwood and completely ignored guys local like Ty Thornton, Eli Moore, Tutu etc. The opportunities have stared us in the face and we've choked.

There’s no worse group of misses for us than receiver. I think corner trails right behind it. The misses are piling up man. Both portal and high school. And now at corner it looks like spells and Dixon are both south Florida misses

There’s no worse group of misses for us than receiver. I think corner trails right behind it. The misses are piling up man. Both portal and high school. And now at corner it looks like spells and Dixon are both south Florida misses
Another under the radar recent CB miss I remember is that Brantley kid from central FL area who went to Michigan State

Advertisement
Back