4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

Advertisement
I think you guys overrate the F out of our roster.

Our WR group has had a WR2 from SUNY-Buffalo show up on campus and was the absolute best WR on the roster. Our WR group has had a WR3 from Oklahoma show up on campus and was the best WR on the roster.

Last year (check the logs) I said Miami should get Samori Toure from Montana...even after we got Rambo, I thought we should have gotten him, too. Our WR group is weak and unproven and it has been for years and we could use more talent there all of the time. Before you say "Rambo > Toure" ... their marketshare was pretty similar and Toure was actually drafted. Wild, I know.

I'm not saying all wide receivers should produce right away, but the elite ones do. The really really good ones are contributing by Year 2. If by Year 3 we are still asking questions, they are wildcards and lotto tickets. You should know what you have pretty early and if you don't have contributors...you go get some that can play. This guy can play.

Right now, I think X and Keyshawn are fine, but they aren't projectable All-Conference players yet. I think from last year's group Jacolby George jumps off the page and a guy you hope makes a big leap. But again...all are questions.

I hope you all get to experience going back on one of your old takes and seeing how hard you hit that one of out of the park. With a bat flip. Its a great feeling, let me tell you.

I hope you all get to experience going back on one of your old takes and seeing how hard you hit that one of out of the park. With a bat flip. Its a great feeling, let me tell you.
Well you're definitely right, and Key, X, and George NEED to be our top 3 WRs without question imo. Problem is X and George are injured lol. So yeah - we're ****ed.

Advertisement
Zay flowers 👀👀
Zay Flowers.jpg

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure they matched or exceeded our offer and he simply made a choice ☹️

You know how people said good LBs don't want to play for Diaz and CBs were allergic to Rumph? It's the same for WRs in a Cristobal offense. This isnt trolling, was one of the biggest complaints of Oregon fans too. WRs would run away from Cristobal like he was radioactive.

Advertisement
You know how people said good LBs don't want to play for Diaz and CBs were allergic to Rumph? It's the same for WRs in a Cristobal offense. This isnt trolling, was one of the biggest complaints of Oregon fans too. WRs would run away from Cristobal like he was radioactive.
Might be so. But I would think hiring the right OC would eliminate the issue altogether. If he can recruit at an elite level for every position minus 1 or 2 then it should only require a tweak or two to correct. He simply needs to go the more spread, innovative route and this issue will be moot.

That’s just not true lol he signed 3+ 4 star WRs in multiple classes including his last class there which had two WRs rated over .97 ..One of them is leading the team receiving as a true soph

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back