4* Edge Bai Jobe

Actually, give me Howard and MPebma and I'm good. Acheampoing is the wild card. Super intriguing upside
Damon Wilson, MPebma, Howard, Wayne, Bain > Acheampoing

To much talent available at that position to take a basketball player that doesnt look natural playing football

Advertisement
Maybe from a body standpoint, although I think Ishmael was a little taller and bigger but still somewhat wiry so I see where you are coming from.

I think Jobe has much more twitch and explosiveness than Jabari though and will be much more of a pass rushing threat. I don’t see and never actually viewed Ishmael as a pass rushing guy. At his best, I think he is just a big guy on the edge that could win with length and power occasionally and someone that should be a + in the run game. JMO.
Meant from physique standpoint lanky, with long arms. Ishmael probably an inch or 2 taller.

To much talent available at that position to take a basketball player that doesnt look natural playing football

I would agree but that potential upside in Collins is intiguing to me. From what I've read, Damon Wilson is SEC bound. MPemba and Howard are close to leans to us, imo. I think Wayne goes elsewhere (Oregon maybe) and Bain will be a DT here. But yeah, this year's DE class will soften the blow of losing out on several sofla stud 2022 DEs.

It all depends on how the board is ordered for the staff. I totally forgot about M'pemba. Btw if people gonna say such things about Acheampong, know that you could be talking about Greg Rousseau here. If he wants in, i want him. Rankings don't mean thats what you will be in college. He has the tools to be elite with our coaching staff

Advertisement
Translation: “I have no idea..”
Sarcastic Jeff Daniels GIF by Showtime

What about Wayne and Bain. and mpemba too
I nought them up because they are deciding this month. I also didn't bring the others up because outside of Bain they are all insanely ranked and Bain has a spot either way. Its a situation of having top tier talent deciding earlier but the real elite ones waiting. Usually it would be a no brainer to take all 3 but we are in it for so many.

Advertisement
I would agree but that potential upside in Collins is intiguing to me. From what I've read, Damon Wilson is SEC bound. MPemba and Howard are close to leans to us, imo. I think Wayne goes elsewhere (Oregon maybe) and Bain will be a DT here. But yeah, this year's DE class will soften the blow of losing out on several sofla stud 2022 DEs.
I just read a scouting opinion on how he looked at the Cali UA camp and "slow out of his stance, lacking balance..." , doesnt make me excited. If it was "lacks technique, but explosive freak athlete...", it would be different

I just read a scouting opinion on how he looked at the Cali UA camp and "slow out of his stance, lacking balance..." , doesnt make me excited. If it was "lacks technique, but explosive freak athlete...", it would be different

FWIW, I never envisioned him being an edge. Kid is a DT all the way, imo. Reminds me of Josh Kaindoh

Last edited:

I think the plan going forward is try and lockup a couple of these DEs deciding now and then go all out and try to land 1 of the studs you mentioned to finish the class.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back