4* Edge Bai Jobe

Advertisement
Advertisement
Collins Acheampong, Bai Jobe, Samson Okunlola, Samuel M'Pemba....there's a trend there.

It's beautiful watching these types of athletes gravitate to football. For years, African parents wouldn't let their kids even think about sports, if their academics weren't straight. I will say something, West Africans are built for this game. Whenever I'm back in Ghana, I see kids walking around, that haven't touched a single dumbell, and look like they have been in a decent S&C program. Hopefully, this trend continues

Advertisement
I can't remember who his finalists were outside of Miami, Michigan and FSU but I just remember thinking "one of these is unlike the others" when it came to academics and he went ahead and picked them lol
I remember an FSU breaking down that for undergrad purposes, FSU was fine and in fact they had some particular program that actually gave them an advantage. Just dont remember what it was... In the end we make fun certain schools for having poor academics but reality is most Universities have their strengths and their weaknesses.

Advertisement
From Gaby:
91600C1B-038B-4B0E-9E56-E1B2060617AC.jpeg

Advertisement
Will never forget when Myron Rolle preached the importance of academics during his recruitment and then chose FSU
You can get a decent education at just about any accredited university and although FSU, like UNC is definitely a school that caters to athletes who have no actual interest in studying, you *can* get a legit education there if you want. I know plenty of good lawyers and researchers that came from FSU.. Also know some dudes selling used Chevys who wasted mom and dad's money getting a useless marketing degree. Rolle is no dummy and he got his money's worth there.

I can't remember who his finalists were outside of Miami, Michigan and FSU but I just remember thinking "one of these is unlike the others" when it came to academics and he went ahead and picked them lol
I followed his recruitment pretty closely and while he liked us I don't think we were in it for long. I don't remember any drama at all long before signing day.

Advertisement
Back