2023 4* CB Kayin Lee decommits from UGA

Advertisement
Probably Redan.
SWD . . . My senior year they had so many studs. Quincy Carter was their sophomore qb. One of their wr ran in the olympics. DI players all over the field. Their opening game in the 1994 Opening Round was against Dunwoody HS who had received several Majority to Minority school kids from SWD. I the SWD was up 20-0 at half and Dunwoody came back and won 21-20 Epic game. and Dunwoody had a bunch of DI kids all over the field.mBase game I ever saw.

Cedar Grove took over for SW Dekalb in terms of Dekalb County football powerhouse. All the football players use the easy transfer rules to get to Cedar Grove. Last 5 years its been all Cedar Grove.
Also, a lot of the best players are now up in Gwinnett county.
Cobb, Marietta, Gwinnett, Fulton, APS, Dekalb all have great ball.

When they only good CB is from Heritage and having to show something is different for the OOS I expect to struggle to recruit corners till they show something on the field. I did expect Addae to bring a little more juice on the trail though.

Advertisement
It’s gonna be like that a while lol
Well wait a minute. He should’ve prefaced it by saying couldn’t make the visit looking to reschedule in the next 2-3 weeks. I understand we have a lot of scar tissue as it pertains to CB recruiting but the negative turn over Kayin isn’t quite that. Rumph issues with CB recruiting were highlighted by his inability to recruit CB’s he coached in HS from seemingly his neck of the woods. Kids who parents knew him and were acquainted with. Not a ringing endorsement. I think we need to give Addae some time to gain traction.

Advertisement
Yeah man. I try to tell y’all It wasn’t Mike Rumph’s fault. Until we get CBs in the league consistently… it doesn’t matter who’s coaching. But like someone said… I believe it will change. Hopefully.
I knew Mike wasn't an ace by any means on the trail but most should know by now he was handicapped by Manny & Banda's trash vision of what a Miami corner should be. I'd be willing to bet Mike wanted to pursue under the radar types that the other stooges never cosigned on.

Like selling FILA to kids while everyone else giving away Jordan’s, Gucci, LV, and Diors. Cristobal will have to be one **** of a salesman.
Every coach does the same ****. Pursues highly ranked kids we have small to no shot at.

Mario and staff are going to have to dive deep and evaluate like Butch did. They have to Evaluate and hit on it bc right now we are not gaining any traction with the highly ranked kids. People are going to get their Jimmie’s rustled, but it’s the truth currently.

Here comes the spin zone regarding the "Miami stigma".

Other schools deal with it. We're also in a position to solve nearly every question mark surrounding this program: athletic renovations, early playing time, NIL deals, etc...except producing on the field (for now). If we're still having this issue in a few months, time to up the bags to off-set this "voodoo Miami stigma".

I consider Texas in the same boat as us in terms of football success in the last few years, yet they have no problem slurping up recruits. Why does there always have to be an excuse?

Like selling FILA to kids while everyone else giving away Jordan’s, Gucci, LV, and Diors. Cristobal will have to be one **** of a salesman.
Well MC is a an ace recruiter and it’s why we paid him the big bucks. He now also has support of the admin and big money backers that are getting serious about the program. Golden and Manny recruited on a top 15ish level, expecting anything less than perennial top 10 classes with some of them being top 5 makes no sense. If Mario can’t recruit here, well then he is dead in the water because that is his strength. I am very confident that he will recruit well here.

Advertisement
Here comes the spin zone regarding the "Miami stigma".

Other schools deal with it. We're also in a position to solve nearly every question mark surrounding this program: athletic renovations, early playing time, NIL deals, etc...except producing on the field (for now). If we're still having this issue in a few months, time to up the bags to off-set this "voodoo Miami stigma".

I consider Texas in the same boat as us in terms of football success in the last few years, yet they have no problem slurping up recruits. Why does there always have to be an excuse?
Texas has more things riding in their favor -- $, stadium, larger fanbase(larger school), ...that's all I can think of lol. From the outside looming in, it also seems as if the state's culture is rock-solid for the most part. There doesn't seem to be many Goetz or Moe equivalents.

Advertisement
Every coach does the same ****. Pursues highly ranked kids we have small to no shot at.

Mario and staff are going to have to dive deep and evaluate like Butch did. They have to Evaluate and hit on it bc right now we are not gaining any traction with the highly ranked kids. People are going to get their Jimmie’s rustled, but it’s the truth curr

Mario and staff are going to have to dive deep and evaluate like Butch did. They have to Evaluate and hit on it bc right now we are not gaining any traction with the highly ranked kids. People are going to get their Jimmie’s rustled, but it’s the truth currently.

Can you point to a specific reason why this is the case? Mario has a track record of building strong programs and while Miami has obviously been more down than up recently I would have expected Mario's reputation to follow him.

Are there other schools that come with that “wait and see stigma”? Or are we just special lol I’m thinking schools that haven’t put out quality players to the draft (pause) or have history but continually underachieved.
Definitely way worse at Miami. A lot of it is due to the local "culture", or lack there of. A lot of it is due to Miami sucking bad for awhile too.

They need to go heavy out of state for a few years.

Rumph was handicapped by his “superiors” for certain, but let’s not act like he was completely undeserving of blame.

He is not a natural primary recruiter and we saw what someone who is could do here when T-Rob was on the trail - like him or not.

Rumph is a very chill and nice dude, well-suited for his role now.

Advertisement
Back