4⭐ DB Christian Williams Flipping From Bama To TNM?

Advertisement
This is just completely wrong. It’s hard to discuss this topic when people believe such absurdities.

In 2015, pre-Rumph, we had on the roster at CB Artie Burns, Corn Elder and Tracy Howard, along with Michael Jackson. At S we had Bush, Jenkins, Carter plus Jaquan and Redwine. Al Golden recruited those guys, together with the awful DB corch he had. During sanctions, no less.

Let’s just be honest about Rumph. His recruiting ain’t good enough.
That was sobering

One thing I can't understand how MR is the coach👨🏿‍🏫(🤔) getting the weak label when out run dee is trash and we missed on highly rated DL&LB? The pass dee is rank at the top but he is the weakest link.

This is just completely wrong. It’s hard to discuss this topic when people believe such absurdities.

In 2015, pre-Rumph, we had on the roster at CB Artie Burns, Corn Elder and Tracy Howard, along with Michael Jackson. At S we had Bush, Jenkins, Carter plus Jaquan and Redwine. Al Golden recruited those guys, together with the awful DB corch he had. During sanctions, no less.

Let’s just be honest about Rumph. His recruiting ain’t good enough.

As far as high school prospects are concerned there isn’t much difference between the current group and the group listed.

Jenkins wasn’t highly recruited. We could see talent but he we weren’t battling the southeastern powers for him. Redwine was a flip from Louisville out of desperation and was an average CB at best before the move to S. Howard and Bush were the two battles and everyone here loves to value recruits more if they announce on signing day or at an all-American game like Bush and Howard did.

Howard was the one Surtain/Campbell level recruit. At least by ranking. The others were solid 4-Star kids. Redwine and Jenkins were 3-Star prospects.

The current CB group has four 4-Star CBs with Couch incoming it makes 5. It could’ve been 6 if Malek Young was healthy and decided to stay as a senior. Safety group has Hall, Carter, Bolden(you can decide how you want to view his addition) and incoming in Smith. Finley another 4-star has transitioned to a hybrid position.

Last edited:
As far as high school prospects are concerned there isn’t much difference between the current group and the group listed.

Jenkins wasn’t highly recruited. We could see talent but he we weren’t battling the southeastern powers for him. Redwine was a flip from Louisville out of desperation and was an average CB at best before the move to S. Howard and Bush were the two battles and everyone here loves to value recruits more if they announce on signing day or at an all-American game like Bush and Howard did.

Howard was the one Surtain/Campbell level recruit. At least by ranking. The others were solid 4-Star kids. Redwine and Jenkins were 3-Star prospects.

The current CB group has four 4-Star CBs with Couch incoming it makes 5. It could’ve been 6 if Malek Young was healthy and decided to stay as a senior. Safety group has Hall, Carter, Bolden(you can decide how you want to view his addition) and incoming in Smith. Finley another 4-star has transitioned to a hybrid position.

Thank you for clarifying the stupidity in his post. Much appreciated.

Advertisement
Does he get any credit for the players he's landed, or nah? Do we just ignore that? Or let me guess, someone else always deserves that credit.

Could he be a better recruiter, sure, but the whole dumpster fire narrative is comical.
He's a fantastic recruiter, best in the busines.

The comment was on CB talent on roster in particular. If you think it’s as talented as it was with Burns, Elder, Howard and Jackson on the roster, I hope you are right.

UM will always sign 4* DBs because So Fla produces them by the bushel. But we have missed on our top targets far too much recently and anyone who thinks we’ve recruited well enough is delusional.

The comment was on CB talent on roster in particular. If you think it’s as talented as it was with Burns, Elder, Howard and Jackson on the roster, I hope you are right.

UM will always sign 4* DBs because So Fla produces them by the bushel. But we have missed on our top targets far too much recently and anyone who thinks we’ve recruited well enough is delusional.
I think anyone who thinks getting a different position coach is gonna change missing out on top targets is ignoring what is going on. Either win so much that going to Miami becomes a business decision or actually make it a business decision and start paying. Probably need to do both. Neither one is a position coach’s recruiting acumen issue.

Advertisement
Any "cornerback coach" in the country could come to Miami and have a roster with 4* and local 3* corners. This is not something you hang your hat on.

I have no problem with someone saying that Rumph is a good enough coach. Sure. But, I can not rationalize anyone that things he's a good recruiter. The proof is in the pudding. He's not. It is what it is.

I think anyone who thinks getting a different position coach is gonna change missing out on top targets is ignoring what is going on. Either win so much that going to Miami becomes a business decision or actually make it a business decision and start paying. Probably need to do both. Neither one is a position coach’s recruiting acumen issue.
So you’re back to making it about Rumph excuses when the discussion was roster talent at CB.

The truth is, your argument makes zero sense. youre contending that position coaches don’t matter for recruiting. It’s just not true. If you want to defend Rumph, do it better than contending he can’t impact recruiting. That’s absurd.

Advertisement
Guys, I have looked all over. What does #TNM stand for?

Going on record saying it means The New Miami; but I'm probably off in left field with this one.

Last edited:
Lol, so he can miss all the time & never be expected to land a CB?

What's unrealistic about hoping he flips this kid? If we have no shot then why even bring him on an OV?

Why do you think the CB coach isn't supposed to ever, you know... Recruit CB's??

Apparently because he played on our champ team. I dont understand the people that gives him excuses at this point.

So you’re back to making it about Rumph excuses when the discussion was roster talent at CB.

The truth is, your argument makes zero sense. youre contending that position coaches don’t matter for recruiting. It’s just not true. If you want to defend Rumph, do it better than contending he can’t impact recruiting. That’s absurd.
You’re back to not actually reading what is written. Elite players aren’t coming to Miami, specifically players who have Alabama and UGA as an option when all a position coach can point to is one 10 win season in over a decade. So no Corey Raymond wasn’t gonna get Surtain and Campbell to Miami. Raymond couldn’t even get Surtain to LSU. Continue to place your head in the sand and pretend. We can talk about missteps or a slow playing of this kid or this kid. That isn’t what people have a problem with. It is the missing out on guys they include in their dream classes. Win a lot or pay. Those are the two options to get more of the players 100 page threads get made about. These elites have no reason to come here right now. Ain’t no position coach is changing that.

You listened to Haselewood talk(a top target)about why he didn’t choose Miami and you’re still pointing to a position coach. Wake the *** up. You can play the CB talent isn’t up to snuff game but what you’re actually talking about is why the elite players at the position aren’t choosing Miami. As if after the last 15 years Miami should be signing elite players. That is Rumph’s biggest issue for this board. An elite player at another position told you why he didn’t choose Miami and you think that isn’t a thought for others across the board at other positions.

Advertisement
Sure, if you've never seen our depth chart. Its Obvious as **** DE and OLine is MUCH worse for us. At the very least we have CBs who have a legit shot at stepping up and being studs for us.

Bandy, Ivey, Blades, Frierson, Bethel, Couch. Thats 6 pretty highly rated kids right there.

Acting like Couch can't play because his weight is stupid. If he's AT LEAST 160lbs by the time he gets to campus, He can EASILY put on 15lbs and be able to be a 4th-6th CB. EASY. Dude is sub 6'0". As long as he gets to 180lbs, he can play. Its not like he's a safety, he's a ******* Corner; its okay to be light.

Secondly, Its not very often more than 5 CBs ever see the field in a game anyways. Last year we used 4-5cbs maybe a few plays a game. Nothing much. We NEED 3 good CBs on the roster.

Our starters are going to be Bandy and Ivey on the outside with Blades at Nickel.

I will agree that DB in general is the position group thats the most at risk for regression from last year. I mean we did lose 3 starters.

Couch is 5'9-5'10 160. He isnt 6'0. He wont be up to 180 for some time. He will put on weight but i dont expect much from him as a freshman at that particular size.

Couch is 5'9-5'10 160. He isnt 6'0. He wont be up to 180 for some time. He will put on weight but i dont expect much from him as a freshman at that particular size.
The fact he's shorter is my point at why he only needs to be close to 180lbs. I know he's on the shorter side.
And I'm not saying he's gunna be a Frosh AA at that size, I'm just saying for a 6th CB on the depth chart? Thats fine.

I think the bigger worry depth wise is EASILY EDGE. Its not even close honestly. Rousseau or Garvin go down and we are ******* ****ed. CB we got a couple that we need to step up obviously, but we have solid depth there. Safety has a lot to prove too, but again we do have a bunch of guys that have talent and can play there.

You’re back to not actually reading what is written. Elite players aren’t coming to Miami, specifically players who have Alabama and UGA as an option when all a position coach can point to is one 10 win season in over a decade. So no Corey Raymond wasn’t gonna get Surtain and Campbell to Miami. Raymond couldn’t even get Surtain to LSU. Continue to place your head in the sand and pretend. We can talk about missteps or a slow playing of this kid or this kid. That isn’t what people have a problem with. It is the missing out on guys they include in their dream classes. Win a lot or pay. Those are the two options to get more of the players 100 page threads get made about. These elites have no reason to come here right now. Ain’t no position coach is changing that.

You listened to Haselewood talk(a top target)about why he didn’t choose Miami and you’re still pointing to a position coach. Wake the *** up. You can play the CB talent isn’t up to snuff game but what you’re actually talking about is why the elite players at the position aren’t choosing Miami. As if after the last 15 years Miami should be signing elite players. That is Rumph’s biggest issue for this board. An elite player at another position told you why he didn’t choose Miami and you think that isn’t a thought for others across the board at other positions.

Corey Raymond would have gotten one of those 2.

People act like he AH dbs are the ONLY misses. Dude has been missing since he stepped foot on campus severely/Those were just THE WORST ones since he literally coached those kids since they were 9 years old. At this point i dont think he could land his own son to come here...and if he didnt some of yall would be up here capping for him saying .."it isnt his fault he grounded him when he was 12 and his mom is a FAMU alumni".

Dude is the worst recruiter ever at UM....As far as on the field coaching he doesnt appear to be a loss. He seems solid there..But his recruiting had us the leader in the PORTAL RANKINGS for the last 3 years at cb.

Landing this kid would be a nice step in adding additional talent to the position..considering we dropped 1 kid and lost another...we need replacemments.

Advertisement
Back