4⭐ DB Christian Williams Flipping From Bama To TNM?

Completely disagree
Really. So one proven CB (Bandy) who should really be a nickel and Ivey, Gil, Blades, Bethel, and Couch should be able to handle the air raid offenses next year? The group is largely unproven and one injury away from a disaster. We need another top talent BAD

Advertisement
Not mad at Rumph, I like him personally & think he's a good dude, I never expected for the AH kids to come here.

But those aren't the only ones he's missed on, the fact is his recruiting has been average at best & we're heading into year 4. I don't understand why people just can't call a spade a spade, there's a reason why our CB #'s are so low, it's because the position has been under recruited for 4 years now.

I hope he gets this kid & I'm pulling for him, I'm just not gonna keep making excuses every single season for why we miss on so many CB's. It's kinda obvious at this point lol

I like Rumph a lot & hope he can flip this kid it would be a great pull for him & great addition to our team.

Who did he miss on that we had a realistic chance at?

Really. So one proven CB (Bandy) who should really be a nickel and Ivey, Gil, Blades, Bethel, and Couch should be able to handle the air raid offenses next year? The group is largely unproven and one injury away from a disaster. We need another top talent BAD
Your mistake is thinking just because bandy is shorter in stature that he can’t play on the outside. Was corn elder a nickel corner his senior year? No...

The 2017 group which consisted of no established starter outside of malek young (malek young, Michael jackson had question marks going into the season, Dee Delaney fcs transfer, Trajan bandy freshman). That was really largely the rotation that year. I’ll take an established Trajan bandy, and the trio of al blades, Gilbert frierson, dj ivey battling it out for the other cb positions as they are talented players with higher upsides than the previous corners we have had lately

Advertisement
And bama convinced him. I get people want to leave but part of your job is to sell it. Bama sold it and changed a lock and it was MR job just as it was for bama to flip PS2 I hold MR responsible to change kids minds. Thats recruiting

His job is to sell the program he had the dbs playing great and still couldnt sell the kids. He is paid to get kids thats his job
Come on now. What can you say thats gone top what bama offering?

I posted This less than two weeks ago but.

“Just going to be honest even with a guy like Tyson Campbell. Nesta Silvera was on ig live yesterday with Campbell and someone asked why he didn’t come to Um and he said something to the fact of I’m always going to have love for the crib but I got To do what’s best for me” or something like that. Whatever that means. I know Everyone gets on rumph for missing him but I don’t think it was anything rumph(or any coach from Miami) could do in that situation, he was long gone all cycle and had his intentions on leaving south Florida for college to put it short based on what Nesta was implying.”

With a guy like pat Miami needs to stop losing the games they shouldn’t be losing, that’s the reason he’s at bama because they are at the top of college football and not LSU because of how mediocre they have been over the years too and not getting over the hump
Agree with alot of this.

When Nick left LSU there talent dipped big time.....they were still close to there great year so they were able to still get kids but there program isnt the same. There year they had this year is like us last year it may be fools gold. They will free fall next season IMO.

We do have to win with what we have thats the only option on the table that can change recruiting. We are too far from any glory years. It will take a miracle but lets see how it plays out.

Advertisement
Campbell wanted to leave south Florida and it wasn’t anything rumph or any coach at Miami could do about it and that’s facts. He been had his eyes set on playing somewhere else other than Miami. Surtain turned down his favorite school, with arguably the best db coach in the country at LSU to go to bama. The sh*t just happens

You know nothing and have absolute zero inside info about the program if you believe what you wrote. My neighbor that’s a hardcore UM booster that used to live next door to AH (for the past 6 years) just said you’re full of ****.

You couldn’t be more wrong. CB is the thinnest position on the team.
Sure, if you've never seen our depth chart. Its Obvious as **** DE and OLine is MUCH worse for us. At the very least we have CBs who have a legit shot at stepping up and being studs for us.

Bandy, Ivey, Blades, Frierson, Bethel, Couch. Thats 6 pretty highly rated kids right there.

Acting like Couch can't play because his weight is stupid. If he's AT LEAST 160lbs by the time he gets to campus, He can EASILY put on 15lbs and be able to be a 4th-6th CB. EASY. Dude is sub 6'0". As long as he gets to 180lbs, he can play. Its not like he's a safety, he's a ******* Corner; its okay to be light.

Secondly, Its not very often more than 5 CBs ever see the field in a game anyways. Last year we used 4-5cbs maybe a few plays a game. Nothing much. We NEED 3 good CBs on the roster.

Our starters are going to be Bandy and Ivey on the outside with Blades at Nickel.

I will agree that DB in general is the position group thats the most at risk for regression from last year. I mean we did lose 3 starters.

Your mistake is thinking just because bandy is shorter in stature that he can’t play on the outside. Was corn elder a nickel corner his senior year? No...

The 2017 group which consisted of no established starter outside of malek young (malek young, Michael jackson had question marks going into the season, Dee Delaney fcs transfer, Trajan bandy freshman). That was really largely the rotation that year. I’ll take an established Trajan bandy, and the trio of al blades, Gilbert frierson, dj ivey battling it out for the other cb positions as they are talented players with higher upsides than the previous corners we have had lately
There’s no mistake. You have the rosiest colored glasses of anyone in this board. We are short at CB. It’s a fact.

Advertisement
You know nothing and have absolute zero inside info about the program if you believe what you wrote. My neighbor that’s a hardcore UM booster that used to live next door to AH (for the past 6 years) just said you’re full of ****.
campbell hardly visited us, and visited other schools a lot, and consistently named other schools as his dream school.

Never claimed to have inside info I’ll save that for you, just reading the tea leaves

Advertisement
There’s no mistake. You have the rosiest colored glasses of anyone in this board. We are short at CB. It’s a fact.
If we are short at corner with a really good and established corner in addition to 3 prototypical 6’ 1 195 plus cb blue chip prospects pushing each other for the other cb jobs then what are we at de or dt? I’d say we are thinner there

Agree.
we have nothing except the fact he didn't sign and is looking around. Personally, I think he lost his spot to Jordan Battle. But he isn't a "must get" for Rumph. I could see it if he had been recruiting the kid for months and months but he only started talking to him recently when the kid became "open" to other schools. Rumph is shooting his shot here. Hope he gets the kid but if not, it won't be that shocking. it's a longshot from the start.

Hoya speaking some real talk.

Never claimed to have inside info I’ll save that for you, just reading the tea leaves
I thought so.
Any coach that can’t get his own kids to come to UM is a punk. Rumph has to recruit a couple studs or he’s done. That’s the bottom line. If you believe he was brought in the staff for any reason other than Campbell and Surtain initially...you’re a moron.

Advertisement
Back