4⭐ DB Christian Williams Flipping From Bama To TNM?

Advertisement
I thought so.
Any coach that can’t get his own kids to come to UM is a punk. Rumph has to recruit a couple studs or he’s done. That’s the bottom line. If you believe he was brought in the staff for any reason other than Campbell and Surtain initially...you’re a moron.
I agree with this his job was to secure those two thats how he got the job, i believe they would of never hired him if he was somewhere else.

I thought so.
Any coach that can’t get his own kids to come to UM is a punk. Rumph has to recruit a couple studs or he’s done. That’s the bottom line. If you believe he was brought in the staff for any reason other than Campbell and Surtain initially...you’re a moron.
Keep living in your fantasy land and this “pressure” you have a rumph to land recruits(that you don’t have on other coaches By the way )

If we are short at corner with a really good and established corner in addition to 3 prototypical 6’ 1 195 plus cb blue chip prospects pushing each other for the other cb jobs then what are we at de or dt? I’d say we are thinner there
I agree DT is an issue. It’s not as thin as CB.
Bethel is a senior, Ford a Junior, and Nesta is a beast.
Corner is Bandy and that’s it.

Advertisement
Defensive recruiting has been poor since day one with this staff, the offense actually recruited pretty well they just couldn't gameplan at all
I like A lot of the talented they have landed on defense since they have been here we just haven’t hit on enough numbers overall imo

Advertisement
Let’s not forget that old man Richt was running the show.

His closing skills might have been just like his 30 year old offense!

Advertisement
That’s fine but y’all got to have that same energy for the other coaches when they miss yet most of y’all don’t :monkey-serious:

Nope. Rumph is the only one that gets the heat. All the coaches miss at pretty much the same rate. Yet Rumph is viewed as the liability. CRA CRA inconsistency by porsters.

Advertisement
The talent level at CB is better under rumph than before 5 star Cbs get bags which we not giving out. Outside of OL and DT CB is the most sought after position
This is just completely wrong. It’s hard to discuss this topic when people believe such absurdities.

In 2015, pre-Rumph, we had on the roster at CB Artie Burns, Corn Elder and Tracy Howard, along with Michael Jackson. At S we had Bush, Jenkins, Carter plus Jaquan and Redwine. Al Golden recruited those guys, together with the awful DB corch he had. During sanctions, no less.

Let’s just be honest about Rumph. His recruiting ain’t good enough.

Really. So one proven CB (Bandy) who should really be a nickel and Ivey, Gil, Blades, Bethel, and Couch should be able to handle the air raid offenses next year? The group is largely unproven and one injury away from a disaster. We need another top talent BAD
I disagree about Bandy(kind of) as I think he’s fine on the outside but it would be nice if he was in slot I think he’d be such a playmaker there but the rest of your post I agree with, too many people fall for the hype up men like Ariz and D$ who say these guys are studs and they turn out to be jags( not saying any of these guys are jags). let’s see what they got before saying we’re okay at the CB position.

No way we pull a kid from bama that bama actually wants. They might have a full class thats why we have a chance with this kid n bogle. I say oh well though, ill take both of them.
Yeah we just pull coaches instead

Nope. Rumph is the only one that gets the heat. All the coaches miss at pretty much the same rate. Yet Rumph is viewed as the liability. CRA CRA inconsistency by porsters.
That is not true at all. Kul took and deserved heat for DL recruiting, and Simpson is only a year in. Banda has taken some heat around here, and he has been a decent recruiter. LB has taken heat but without a Lb coach to blame it’s been hard to discuss from a recruiting perspective. Searels took tons of heat and deserved it. Richt Jr. took heat. Thomas Brown got some also. Duggans did after ‘17 but earned his recruiting cred back in ‘18. And Richt Sr. took some recruiting heat also and deserved it. Hartley for the most part looked like a good recruiter.

Rumph gets discussed and deserves some heat given our local DB recruiting options and his local roots. Truth is, the discussion continues more because some folks here feel the need to protect rumph from criticism, hence the blah blah blah. He deseves the heat. No reason to contend otherwise.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back