4⭐ DB Christian Williams Flipping From Bama To TNM?

Can anyone name the last Alabama or Louisiana kid we pulled with big time SEC offers that were actively pursuing the kid (official visits)?

Official visits to two big money SEC schools being from Alabama? We'll know we have something different here if Manny pulls this off.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can anyone name the last Alabama or Louisiana kid we pulled with big time SEC offers that were activity pursuing the kid (official visits)?

Official visits to two big money SEC schools being from Alabama? We'll know we have something different here if Manny pulls this off.

Honestly can’t recall. This would be a first that I can remember and I have been following recruiting for a very long time.

Advertisement
Can anyone name the last Alabama or Louisiana kid we pulled with big time SEC offers that were actively pursuing the kid (official visits)?

This!
Also if we start pulling in 2-3 blue chip o line and dt players. Big time trench commits are the hallmark of the playoff teams.

They play for the National Title every year.

We can't compete with them for recruits right now - it takes a rare breed like Chad Thomas to turn them down.

He's good enough for them to want him - that's good enough for me. Who cares how he finally ends up here if he does?

i think if it wasnt for music chad would have went to bama.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ahmmom and Gurvan are from Florida, and per Cager, laughably, Bard Kayaak played a big role in him coming here

From what I recall, Bama didn't even really want Cager. Bama was just a hat on the table.

In terms of a kid that lived in SEC country that two SEC schools want that we landed, that's difficult. Willis went to UF first then transferred here. I honestly can't recall a situation where we landed in this type of scenario.

From what I recall, Bama didn't even really want Cager. Bama was just a hat on the table.

In terms of a kid that lived in SEC country that two SEC schools want that we landed, that's difficult. Willis went to UF first then transferred here. I honestly can't recall a situation where we landed in this type of scenario.

Just a hat huh.

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/01/receiver_lawrence_cager_recaps.html

"They still want me at 'Bama," Cager said. "Coach (Lane) Kiffin and Coach (Billy) Napier are recruiting me hard. I thought the visit was great. Another great visit to Alabama. I really enjoyed spending time with Coach (Nick) Saban a lot and the fellow recruits."

Advertisement
Is there any other corner on our board? Or Is it land this kid or punt to next year?

I was really hoping the Richt recruiting strategy was being left in 2018

Just a hat huh.

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/01/receiver_lawrence_cager_recaps.html

"They still want me at 'Bama," Cager said. "Coach (Lane) Kiffin and Coach (Billy) Napier are recruiting me hard. I thought the visit was great. Another great visit to Alabama. I really enjoyed spending time with Coach (Nick) Saban a lot and the fellow recruits."

Yes, just a hat. Bama had dropped him due to his concussions. Ariz mentioned it stating we were going to get Cager because contact falling off between Bama and him.

Advertisement
Back