4⭐ DB Christian Williams Flipping From Bama To TNM?

Advertisement
Standish dobard might be the closest I could think of

He wasn’t getting much push from LSU at all. Not that it’s relevant other than their fans seeing him play in high school, but I remember their board knew he was going to be a bust

so on the A&M board it was said that Bama has told Williams "he can look around". They don't know if he is a take - possibly at CB. They believe he is going to Oregon for the last visit.

Funny enough they don't seem to know much about the visit to Miami.

Advertisement
Why no decent CB wants to be almost guaranteed to play every game next year for this D is one of the greatest mysteries of modern football.
BDBEB64F-D1F2-4E95-9D33-25057BB4B001.jpeg

The issue is we legit haven’t recruited anyone for a long amount of time. We just started talking to Williams and Elam. Who have we even gone after hard? Dent?

Oregon is hitting Pensacola and Spanish Fort/Daphne hard right now. They offered and got a commitment from a Spanish Fort DB yesterday, Spanish Fort and Daphne are neighbors. Emerson just hit up Oregon this weekend too. They also offered the Spanish Forts best WR whom was committed to LSU. I think this boy is LSU or Oregon. I hope I am wrong because I would love to grab Williams and Emerson from that way.

Advertisement
From what I recall, Bama didn't even really want Cager. Bama was just a hat on the table.

In terms of a kid that lived in SEC country that two SEC schools want that we landed, that's difficult. Willis went to UF first then transferred here. I honestly can't recall a situation where we landed in this type of scenario.
Dobard maybe?

Advertisement
When did A&M even offer? I mean they're just barely even getting a visit so I mean unless its just about bags I need to read how the visit goes before I worry about them

this and the fact that rumph was the only coach who didnt get a promotion in title. hes our worst recruiter on defense

Im not sure how a guy can be labeled as "our worst recruiter" when the guys he has help to bring in were part of the #1 secondary in the nation. So obviously the guys he bringing in are getting the job done. 1st year under coach rumph, corn elder's game went thru the roof, the next year it was #28, this year it was #28 and bandy. Recruiting is only a problem if the guys you bringing in are not getting the job done, but we know that's definitely not the case!

Advertisement
I’m fine with Rumph, and didn’t mean for my post to be an alley to dunk on him. I think he’s an average to above average recruiter at a position you need to be ruthless at to get kids in the door. He’s also a good to excellent coach. It sucks that Nunn and Brownlee preferred lesser situations.

Advertisement
Back