3rd and 16

TVD is not a better QB than king. Y’all need to put that bs theory to rest. That said he balled last night. Made good rpo reads. Even pulled it and ran a couple times. But next week is a new week. And he has to stay solid. Remember the drops king dealt with. For the most part the WRs have been solid and Rambo is a number 1 in this O that king didn’t have on the outside last szn

Advertisement
TVD definitely balled out last night. That slant was an absolute dime. But after the terrible QB play we’ve had, we needed King last year.

Not as a qb he won't be.
If he hadn’t had the 2 injuries he would’ve definitely gotten a look. Far worse passers have gotten a chance..and finally a guy like king is something the archaic nfl is now adjusting its offense too. Mostly because it’s the prospects they are getting from college and HS..but after these injuries idk about kings future at that position

I can’t go through 5,000+ gifs. His would be too nondescript to find compared to circling sharks or Eva green. I went through 100’s in an app I have and found just one.

View attachment 158928
Trying to comprehend a Fraggle thread

Fraggle Rock GIF by Apple TV

Advertisement
Smh…..

This fan base, I swear be on that “what have u done for me lately” tip.
Welcome to CIS and the Miami cycle of despair. First time?

Here’s a list of Miami Fan favorites and heisman QBs
Robert Marve👀
Jacory Harris🤬
Stephen Morris😶
Brad kaaya 🐢
Kevin Olsen ☘️🍺🍻🥃
Jarren Williams 🍺🥃🥂🍻🍹🥦
Kosi hive 🍑💦 (pause if emojis are misunderstood)

King 👑 (best playmaker since Duke)
Now it’s Jake Garcia

We all know he’s the fan favorite. It’s why I like what Tyler said. These players KNOW the noise. There’s no way Tyler oblivious to it. And it’s why I’m rooting heavily for him.

TVD to Mallory on 3rd and 16 to seal the W was the most clutch pass to a TE since Berlin to Winslow in the OB against WVU. I can’t think of another throw that clutch since.
Perry to Brevin to beat FSU? That was a dime. But if we include WRs king had 3 clutch throws just a szn ago that were more clutch

Advertisement
Welcome to CIS and the Miami cycle of despair. First time?

Here’s a list of Miami Fan favorites and heisman QBs
Robert Marve👀
Jacory Harris🤬
Stephen Morris😶
Brad kaaya 🐢
Kevin Olsen ☘️🍺🍻🥃
Jarren Williams 🍺🥃🥂🍻🍹🥦
Kosi hive 🍑💦 (pause if emojis are misunderstood)

King 👑 (best playmaker since Duke)
Now it’s Jake Garcia

We all know he’s the fan favorite. It’s why I like what Tyler said. These players KNOW the noise. There’s no way Tyler oblivious to it. And it’s why I’m rooting heavily for him.
Don’t forget Tate.

King holds records in CFB. One of the most decorated quarterbacks at this level you will see. A man that came in here and lead what could have been a sub .500 team last year to its best season under this incompetent staff. Don’t shade him to make a kid 3 games into freshman season seem all world.
Agreed

And King has been playing clearly injured all season

I mean just go back to this very same game last year. King dominated that game against NCST

I’m ok with that but the illogical assumptions.

So we just gonna pretend that having a year to learn the system and adjust to college ball and life had no impact on his readiness…
Exactly; it’s OK to sit behind & learn. This asinine revision that he should’ve started last yr as a TF over a plug & play, experienced QB is outlandish. TVD is growing & we’re seeing his growing pains. It’s OK, but clearly sitting a bit helped him.

Advertisement
Perry to Brevin to beat FSU? That was a dime. But if we include WRs king had 3 clutch throws just a szn ago that were more clutch
If we’re counting receivers, Rosier to Langham against the Noles is hard to beat. I did totally forget about Brevin’s catch, but not sure if I would count it “clutch” since it was on a 1st down with 12 min left in the quarter. It just ended up being the game winner. Definitely huge play though.

Didn’t want to start another thread about this but at least the refs were finally on our side

Was watching the replay for the Rambo go ahead TD. Had to have been one of the most laughably blatant holding penalties I’ve ever seen right in front of everyone

@Dwinstitles @Rellyrell I had to shake my head a little but they owe us

Didn’t want to start another thread about this but at least the refs were finally on our side

Was watching the replay for the Rambo go ahead TD. Had to have been one of the most laughably blatant holding penalties I’ve ever seen right in front of everyone

@Dwinstitles @Rellyrell I had to shake my head a little but they owe us
Bro, we got away w/ some chit. So did they. It was a poorly officiated game, but some of the missed calls that went in our favor were game changers. As much as we’ve been robbed, it was nice to see us as the benefactors.

Advertisement
Bro, we got away w/ some chit. So did they. It was a poorly officiated game, but some of the missed calls that went in our favor were game changers. As much as we’ve been robbed, it was nice to see us as the benefactors.
I was trying to watch the game at a crowded location so I missed quite a bit of the details of what happened

Feels good to finally look forward to a rewatch

TVD is NOT a better QB (right now) Lashlee just gets out of the way when Van Dyke is in..... easier to score when you dont waste a down every drive on a bad QB run
Agree to disagree. King is a RB acting like a QB. Like i said more so for the system. Lashlee doesnt want to run the Malzahn QB run option. He wants the QB to be able to read the defense and get the ball to the open receiver. King cant make throws or read defenses

Here's my problem with King at QB. Our coaching staff seems to think he can do more than he can. He ended up carrying far too much of the load, and he's just not built for that at the P5 level. You could see it in the body language of the team as well. It's like the players knew he couldn't do certain things so they just went through the motions. I know they all talked about his heart and leadership, and I agree he has those attributes, but he could not keep a D honest week after week. For every great play, he had 15 that were extremely average. That's just not going to cut it at this level.

I don't know if TVD is the long term answer, but I do know I like how he can keep a D off balance by hitting those sideline shots and deep balls.

By the way, that throw to Rambo in the endzone was one of the hardest thrown short passes I have ever seen completed. I mean velocity wise. I think Rambo threw the ball down after the catch because it was hot. Man what a throw and catch.

Advertisement
Back