3rd and 16

Advertisement
King holds records in CFB. One of the most decorated quarterbacks at this level you will see. A man that came in here and lead what could have been a sub .500 team last year to its best season under this incompetent staff. Don’t shade him to make a kid 3 games into freshman season seem all world.

I think when it comes to throwing the Ball down field he is going to be much better than King. He is a Freshman and is going to improve if we surround him with playmakers.

Advertisement
TVD is a better QB especially for the lashlee scheme. But if he is the QB going forward Miami will stay as middle pack of ACC. Everyone forgetting the 3 INTS and losing the game. That said who knows what happens with the new coach and what type of offense he will be running

Advertisement
With the OL play last year? Nah, the Canes needed the wheels King provided. TVD would have been clobbered. Plus, having TVD out there as a true freshman vs. after a redshirt year is a big difference. Last year, he was able to get a full season of learning the offense from the sideline.

I'm not saying the OL has been all-world this year, but he was protected pretty well last night.

Plus, I find it pretty hard to belittle the efforts of a guy who has given his all in his 2 years here (knee and shoulder). King was a solid transition QB who helped the Canes win more games than they would have last year without him.

@RVACane I lost all of my fraggle gifs I stole-I mean politely borrowed from you in times like this.
I can’t go through 5,000+ gifs. His would be too nondescript to find compared to circling sharks or Eva green. I went through 100’s in an app I have and found just one.

15817D28-3A7E-460A-B6F7-892E8679950B.gif

Advertisement
To think that TVD could've been our QB last year and even better then he showed last night...King was nice but one and done whereas TVD was going to be long term. You can feel and seethe command TVD offers at the QB position....his future is bright
King served his purpose. He was a bridge to the future. We will leave it at that. Wish him the best in his future and if this things somehow gets turned around, he will certainly be remembered as one of the catalyst. With that said, I am glad that TVD got his shot and the i jury to Garcia while unfortunate actually served to solidify the position. "If you have 2 QB's, you have 0 QB's." I hate rotating QB's

The announces praised the O-line last night and said this group has played together now for some successive weeks. King never had that benefit - what he did get was season ending injuries on their watch, both years he was forced to play behind them. The coaches may have finally stopped playing the musical chairs game and may be approaching where I thought they should have been the beginning of last season. I guess better late then never, we'll see...

Advertisement
TVD is a better QB especially for the lashlee scheme. But if he is the QB going forward Miami will stay as middle pack of ACC. Everyone forgetting the 3 INTS and losing the game. That said who knows what happens with the new coach and what type of offense he will be running
TVD is NOT a better QB (right now) Lashlee just gets out of the way when Van Dyke is in..... easier to score when you dont waste a down every drive on a bad QB run

Advertisement
Back