30 X 13=11?

We gave up 28 in 1 quarter to VT
hte

Like I said, you're reaching with your rebuttals. The three pick quarter against VT is another example. Enjoy your weighted rankings. And no one is mocking LSU's defense. Pointing out how flawed your weighted rankings are is just pointing out facts.

Advertisement
hte

Like I said, you're reaching with your rebuttals. The three pick quarter against VT is another example. Enjoy your weighted rankings. And no one is mocking LSU's defense. Pointing out how flawed your weighted rankings are is just pointing out facts.

anyone with a functional brain who has watched miami knows our defense sucks. they got abused by FIU

Miami’s D is garbage.

OSU =21
Clemson = 7
LSU = 5
Miami = 67

#buildingchampions

Thanks.

Clemson's D gave up 294 yards and two TDs on 63 plays (4.7 yards/play) in 4 qtrs against GT

The CANES' D gave up 304 yards and one TD on 60 plays (5.0 yards/play) in 4 qtrs against GT

Clemson's D gave up 387 yards and two TDs on 75 plays (5.2 yards/play) against UVA

The CANES' D gave up 318 yards and no TDs on 72 plays (4.4 yards/play) against UVA

Now explain to me how your 'adjusted for strength is schedule' rankings justify having Clemson's D ranked 60 spots ahead of Miami's, when I've just given you THREE examples where the CANES' D managed to play just as good if not better than Clemson's against IDENTICAL opponents. I mean even you have to admit that your 'adjusted for strength of schedule' rankings are questionable on this fact alone...yes?

anyone with a functional brain who has watched miami knows our defense sucks. they got abused by FIU

Miami’s D is garbage.

Anyone with a functioning brain has the ability to look at more than one game, especially one where your unmotivated and hungover QB threw three picks and got rolled at the 1 yard line avoiding contact.

Anyone with a functioning brain has the ability to look at more than one game, especially one where your unmotivated and hungover QB threw three picks and got rolled at the 1 yard line avoiding contact.

yeah I am well aware of UM’s defense embarrassing itself consistently in 2019.

2020 will be much worse.

Advertisement
If the stories of Ed Reed giving tips to the safeties before the ND game are correct, then one would have to imagine that him doing the same to our current crop will reap similar gains. Especially given that they'll have a lot more exposure to him.

If our secondary can perform at the level of the 2017 team, then all these debates about how our defense isn't as good as it looks on paper will be moot.

We gave up 28 in 1 quarter to VT

Nope.

We gave up three TDs on drives of 48, 23 and 20 yards after our offense gifted VT FOUR turnovers in the 1st qtr. Our defense forced 6 three&outs and 7 punts on 9 VT possessions where our offense didn't hand them the ball in our own territory.

Trying to use the VT game as an evidence that our D stunk in 2019 is insane. You literally have to completely ignore like 70% of the offensive possessions for VT. Our defense held them to 14 first downs and forced 6 three&outs and 7 punts.

Advertisement
Nope.

We gave up three TDs on drives of 48, 23 and 20 yards after our offense gifted VT FOUR turnovers in the 1st qtr. Our defense forced 6 three&outs and 7 punts on 9 VT possessions where our offense didn't hand them the ball in our own territory.

Trying to use the VT game as an evidence that our D stunk in 2019 is insane. You literally have to completely ignore like 70% of the offensive possessions for VT. Our defense held them to 14 first downs and forced 6 three&outs and 7 punts.

Whenever you hear 4th and 17 and the 28 point quarter against VT you know the guy is grasping at straws.

Averaging 30 points can help your defense but to win a nc you can't have your defense relying on the offense to score 30 pts.

Same folks who think our defense was good in 2019 probably thought the defense was pretty good heading into the ACCCG against Clemson a couple of years ago. We got throttled. Their terrible running QB completed his first (17?) passes. That's what happens when you face ***** offenses all year and then run up on a well-coached/very talented team.

Was the offense worse? Sure. Especially after losing our top targets. But, the defense was never really any good, Diaz's zone concepts were HORRID, and it was all being shielded by cosmetic stats.

Oh yeah - take a look at our 3rd down/4th down conversion stoppage numbers and tell me the defense wasn't at least half to blame for all the time they spent on the field in 2019.

Advertisement
Same folks who think our defense was good in 2019 probably thought the defense was pretty good heading into the ACCCG against Clemson a couple of years ago. We got throttled. Their terrible running QB completed his first (17?) passes. That's what happens when you face ***** offenses all year and then run up on a well-coached/very talented team.

Was the offense worse? Sure. Especially after losing our top targets. But, the defense was never really any good, Diaz's zone concepts were HORRID, and it was all being shielded by cosmetic stats.

Oh yeah - take a look at our 3rd down/4th down conversion stoppage numbers and tell me the defense wasn't at least half to blame for all the time they spent on the field in 2019.

Judging your defense or any unit by their worst performance of any given season against a championship caliber team on the road at a time they’re routinely peaking is as foolish as pointing to the Notre Dame game and claiming that’s who we were.

Isn’t a three YEAR sample size a more accurate way to look at it?

Judging your defense or any unit by their worst performance of any given season against a championship caliber team on the road at a time they’re routinely peaking is as foolish as pointing to the Notre Dame game and claiming that’s who we were.

Isn’t a three YEAR sample size a more accurate way to look at it?

This is just dumb. We gave up 30 points to ******* FIU, man. It doesn't get much worse than that. Seriously. Like how many points did they score in the 4th quarter? You guys are seriously telling yourselves a "good" Miami defense would allow FIU to run up and down the field like that down the stretch? Holy ****, man. When in the **** were you guys born?

Seriously. WTF is wrong with you guys? GT ran like 6-8 plays all game. How many points did they score? Let me guess. The offense.... Seriously! WE'RE TALKING ABOUT GEORGIA TECH WHO JUST CHANGED THEIR ENTIRE APPROACH TO PLAYING COLLEGE FOOTBALL! They were a HORRID football team. HORRID!! Even if our QBs threw 5 interceptions, GT never should have scored more than 14 points. Georia Tech was a God awful football team.

How many points did VT score on us? Again. VT doesn't even have a real QB? Do they? Like Josh walked away and we got beat by who..... Our offense settled down and started putting up points, but all that did was allow our defense to fold down the stretch. When has VT ever scored that many points on us at home?

I think Wisconsin just scored again. From both Bowls.

Really. Clemson is one example. It wasn't an aberration. We typically don't play anyone with a pulse on offense and most of our defensive numbers are pretty cosmetic. We were ranked 67th(?) in defense in accordance to SOC. Smoke & mirrors.

Advertisement
This is just dumb. We gave up 30 points to ******* FIU, man. It doesn't get much worse than that. Seriously. Like how many points did they score in the 4th quarter? You guys are seriously telling yourselves a "good" Miami defense would allow FIU to run up and down the field like that down the stretch? Holy ****, man. When in the **** were you guys born?

Seriously. WTF is wrong with you guys? GT ran like 6-8 plays all game. How many points did they score? Let me guess. The offense.... Seriously! WE'RE TALKING ABOUT GEORGIA TECH WHO JUST CHANGED THEIR ENTIRE APPROACH TO PLAYING COLLEGE FOOTBALL! They were a HORRID football team. HORRID!! Even if our QBs threw 5 interceptions, GT never should have scored more than 14 points. Georia Tech was a God awful football team.

How many points did VT score on us? Again. VT doesn't even have a real QB? Do they? Like Josh walked away and we got beat by who..... Our offense settled down and started putting up points, but all that did was allow our defense to fold down the stretch. When has VT ever scored that many points on us at home?

I think Wisconsin just scored again. From both Bowls.

Really. Clemson is one example. It wasn't an aberration. We typically don't play anyone with a pulse on offense and most of our defensive numbers are pretty cosmetic. We were ranked 67th(?) in defense in accordance to SOC. Smoke & mirrors.

GT scored exactly 7 points against our defense in regulation. They scored exactly zero points in the second half.

In the bowl game versus Wisconsin and this year’s VT game we turned the ball over EIGHT times in the FIRST HALF of each of those offensive horror shows. Can you tell me what “great” defense was going to shut down another team with that kind of deck stacked against them?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back