#3 class on 247

Lagway an idiot going there
I'll stop short of calling the kid an idiot as he has done nothing to disrespect the program and he's what 17? 18? I will however question the logic of his decision. I just don't see a bright future there IMO. I don't see many offensive weapons on the outside or in general really and I wouldn't be the first to say so. The schedule next year is brutal and let's be real here..... Napier is already on the hot seat and it's about to get a heck of a lot hotter.

Advertisement
I'll stop short of calling the kid an idiot as he has done nothing to disrespect the program and he's what 17? 18? I will however question the logic of his decision. I just don't see a bright future there IMO. I don't see many offensive weapons on the outside or in general really and I wouldn't be the first to say so. The schedule next year is brutal and let's be real here..... Napier is already on the hot seat and it's about to get a heck of a lot hotter.
Could be a portal kid when Billy gets fired and he may end up a Cane eventually

Pretty wild how finishing second (not that we did here but on the radar) in recruiting was a joke back in the day but anymore, **** it’s almost as important as landing the commitment (kidding kinda)

Pretty wild how finishing second (not that we did here but on the radar) in recruiting was a joke back in the day but anymore, **** it’s almost as important as landing the commitment (kidding kinda)
That's a great point and a new variable that has popped up in this new era of defacto college free agency. While it's still important to recruit QBs out of high school, now you can still circle back to get a kid in the portal if you whiff on him on NSD.

Advertisement

Based on the Graham family situation, I am sensing that Billy may be fired sooner, thus opening the Portal and (likely) releasing recruits from their LOIs...

Advertisement
Now that it's over and we are all happy with the class a small tidbit. We had Drelon and Lagways numbers (very affordable) and they both initiated contact down the stretch and we passed. Staff was dead set on pursuing JJ to the end with an impeccable offer and saving HS QB money to allocate to a portal starter. Hindsight 20/20 but **** what could've been haha. That being said I'm very excited about our roster and what the staff achieved.
I understand passing on Miller. How in the **** do we pass on Lagway?

Now that it's over and we are all happy with the class a small tidbit. We had Drelon and Lagways numbers (very affordable) and they both initiated contact down the stretch and we passed. Staff was dead set on pursuing JJ to the end with an impeccable offer and saving HS QB money to allocate to a portal starter. Hindsight 20/20 but **** what could've been haha. That being said I'm very excited about our roster and what the staff achieved.
A mistake going for JJ over Miller. Both were A option elite WRs but the greed landing the #1 player burned us in the end.

I'm okay with using money on a proven portal QB than on an unproven 18 year old kid.

Still an amazing class.

Advertisement
Final (?) look at how Cristobal has done in bringing in top 250 players compared to Diaz, Richt, and his years at Oregon (slightly unfair comparison because it starts with his first full class while he had to throw ’22 together late). Started tracking this when the “He loads up on 3 stars” **** was getting traction.

Quick notes:

Doubled up on Diaz in top 100 and top 150 players.
More top 100 players in this class alone than Diaz in 3 years.
Pretty much matching his Oregon classes, I think after next year the 3 year run will actually be better here.

Getting what we paid for.

IMG_9174.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back