#3 class on 247

Remember how we used to have a bunch of talented kids decommit? That’s a thing of the past. We only had 7 in the 2023 cycle and only 5in this cycle

Broussard
Kendall jackson
Kevin Riley
Armondo blount
Vincent shavers
out of these 5, 2-3 were dropped(shavers,Jackson, Broussard kinda) 1 recommitted and Blount and Riley was one we lost obviously

Things are pointing up
And technically Blount doesn’t count since he signed with us. Of those, Riley is the one that stings but we basically traded him for Lyles. This is probably the first cycle that I don’t have serious complaints

Advertisement
Awesome class!

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Somehow we pulled off a Top 3-4 class and still we sit here knowing that Mario can do better

2025 is lining up to be ******* epic and I can’t wait to do this **** again with you crazy ****ers next year
Yes! In the meantime, let’s close this season out with a win in the bowl game and put together a 10 win season, next fall. Then we will really see how Mario works.

Lagway an idiot going there

Now that it's over and we are all happy with the class a small tidbit. We had Drelon and Lagways numbers (very affordable) and they both initiated contact down the stretch and we passed. Staff was dead set on pursuing JJ to the end with an impeccable offer and saving HS QB money to allocate to a portal starter. Hindsight 20/20 but **** what could've been haha. That being said I'm very excited about our roster and what the staff achieved.

Now that it's over and we are all happy with the class a small tidbit. We had Drelon and Lagways numbers (very affordable) and they both initiated contact down the stretch and we passed. Staff was dead set on pursuing JJ to the end with an impeccable offer and saving HS QB money to allocate to a portal starter. Hindsight 20/20 but **** what could've been haha. That being said I'm very excited about our roster and what the staff achieved.
Oh man... the gator tears if we stole Lagway at the very end would have been all time...

Wish we would have gotten Drelon along with the portal starter... maybe the staff shifts resources towards Evan Stewart instead?

Advertisement
With that being said does Miami add a bit more to push the Cam Ward deal over the line or is no one beating the 1.6m offer? 👀

With that being said does Miami add a bit more to push the Cam Ward deal over the line or is no one beating the 1.6m offer? 👀

I'm not connected to that recruitment I just hear a few things from people who are and those people are extremely confident the deal gets done. What I can say firsthand is JJ was told during the twilight of yesterday "we got a big time QB" As always TIFWIW

you think we'll have spots on the DL

I know this kid is better than Kendall Jackson, but seems like we're tight
I think this kid an explosive versatile player..probably projected as a edge..we’ll see. He’d probably be a RS candidate tbh..if he wants in i think you find a way to make it work

Advertisement
you think we'll have spots on the DL

I know this kid is better than Kendall Jackson, but seems like we're tight
I think we will make it happen. Between portal and attrition I think you find a talented kid like this a spot.

Love the class!

BUT, what’s necessary to take that next step? Got to think it’s upgrading the DB room/DB coach

Insane class top to bottom. NFL guys throughout. Nitpicking and being super critical but would have loved to see a blue chip CB and a blue chip QB. Salute to the staff though on unbelievable cycle.

Evan Stewart is a locker room nightmare. Let another school roll the dice on him maturing.
Thanks for clarifying that... you should post that in the Evan Stewart thread on the portal board so our fans have some context if we don't pursue him.

Drama WRs aren't worth the trouble .. only DL...

Advertisement
Are there any recruits we've been targeting that DIDNT sign today?
This is eerily similar to Texas recent success. Nail the transfer QB and have another lined up after him, and we're ******'
Bring in Ward, keep coaching up Emory/Jacurri for another year, one of these 2 play for the next 2 years, then its Luke Nickels turn.

Advertisement
My reaction, or his? Because i said that months ago when people were talking about JJ being a cant miss. Give me multiple good players than bank all your hopes on one guy.
Yours when you referred wanting kids who wanted to be here. That’s the standard reaction to losing a recruit.

Don’t disagree regarding going after multiple good players.

Yours when you referred wanting kids who wanted to be here. That’s the standard reaction to losing a recruit.

Don’t disagree regarding going after multiple good players.
I said it months ago. Im not reactionary like yall. I would have loved to have JJ. But in years gone by we would be UF and FSU relying on one big recruit at a position. So no its not loser mentality like give me this 3 star because we lost a 5 star. That would be stupid. We got 3 elite players at the same position, 2 are top 100 players. I will take the 3 over the 1. Thats my stance JJ been committed to Ohio since spring.

Cristobal said it, #1 class in the state, #1 class in the conference 2 years in a row. Its gonna show up on the field. And its not highly rated players the big guys didnt want.
back to back best class in the ACC...no excuses now for mario to not at the VERY MINIMUM get to the conference championship game in 2024. he has to do it...he has the talent now, and he's set his culture going in to year 3. mario has to win 10+ games in 2024 or else he's the formal fraud we've all had serious thoughts about during this disastrous 2023 season.

Advertisement
Back