3* 2021 LB Eric Gentry Hits the Portal

Big pause…
back up stop GIF

Advertisement
More scared of Mario in Miami whom outside of a NC or a playoff we will never play each other than Mario kicking their butt every year in Oregon? Are USC fans delusional lol? USC should forget about Cristobal's monster classes and lock up the Pacific. They have tons of good players in Cali and if they win consistently they will be a force. Miami is already scaring people and this machine is not even close to the well oil machine it will become.
They are very far behind in the NIL game. Apparently only recently started working on something whereas Oregon has had one going for a while now and Phil Knight is supposedly heavily involved (if not as vocal as our boosters). Riley at USC is a good combination, but they need to make sure they are playing the NIL game if they don't want to be left behind.

Might be an unpopular take, but in certain situations, like this Gentry kid, are we ******** over and/or stunting our own kids growth/development (ie: Chase Smith) in this scenario... Chase was our recruit, that most are really high on, and shows promise.. now you basically bump another young dude with similar size in front of chase and potentially send chase to the portal next year... I know "stack chips" "let them battle and best wins out", and I see that too... How close in talent are the two? should we give preference to OUR recruits that chose to be canes from HS, over these NIL assassins??? thoughts?

Chase will start. 4-3 means 3 starting LB right? Even if we got this kid plus a left field home run like Mikel, that’s your 3 starters there

Advertisement
Advertisement
Chase will start. 4-3 means 3 starting LB right? Even if we got this kid plus a left field home run like Mikel, that’s your 3 starters there
We aren’t really running a 4-3. Not saying we won’t ever have a 4-3 formation out there but Gil has pretty much locked down that “striker” position. I forget what we call it now…good thing with Steele is that he is creative and loves multiple formations. Going to be interesting to see what we use considering James Williams, Avantae Williams and Kinchens need to be on the field at the same
Time.

Seems like he really enjoys the Arizona weather vs east coast Philadelphia weather, and it sounds like his whole family (mom & sister) will move as a package as well. If Miami can put together a comprehensive NIL deal and housing for his family I am thinking UM has a punchers chance over USC.

Go Canes

Advertisement
I’m not super familiar with PSUs recruiting but yeah I would imagine they would hit Philly pretty hard since there isn’t really much around PSU. You have the Pittsburgh area that churns out a lot of talent

I just didn’t know if there was a connection I was missing

The drive from PSU to Philly is interesting. There’s literally nothing for hours and then you get to Philly and it’s like another world. You’ve got some places along the east coast that are closer and more similar to Philly

If a kid likes the urban life of Philly, PSU would be far from ideal. Anyway, just wanted to see if I was missing anything
You are not wrong. If Philly is Miami, then Happy Valley is Gainesville. A real Philly native likely has no allegiance to PSU. I live in Pennsylvania. The state is split by the Susquehanna River. To the east you have towns that are connected to Philadelphia and New York City such as Lancaster and Allentown. The part of Pennsylvania west of the river is sometimes called “pennsyltucky”. State College is closer demographically to West Virginia than Philadelphia.

Advertisement
Might be an unpopular take, but in certain situations, like this Gentry kid, are we ******** over and/or stunting our own kids growth/development (ie: Chase Smith) in this scenario... Chase was our recruit, that most are really high on, and shows promise.. now you basically bump another young dude with similar size in front of chase and potentially send chase to the portal next year... I know "stack chips" "let them battle and best wins out", and I see that too... How close in talent are the two? should we give preference to OUR recruits that chose to be canes from HS, over these NIL assassins??? thoughts?
Stack talent and play the best 11. Simple as that. Business is business

ASU media is openly saying Gentry's departure is primarily NIL motivated.

Go Canes

Good for Miami cause we putting the boys in 50K vehicles they minute they step on campus. This would be such a nice addition to the LB room. Just get the visit. That’s all I will say moving forward for recruits.

If they visit, we have a major shot to land anyone in the country. That’s how much I trust Mario, staff, NiL package we are presenting to kids. For once, our visits are being said to be the top for pretty much all these kids who are visiting and I don’t think it’s your normal visit high type interviews. It’s just different right now in Coral Gables!

Advertisement
Back