3/12/24 Game 17: FAU 9-7 L

Advertisement
This pen is fustrating. We legit need to score 6-7 a game to breath.

Advertisement
Really advise them to stop losing midweek games. By my count, we’ve now matched Gino’s career high and it’s only mid March.

Advertisement
Going to be a roller coaster ride this year w this squad, it appears. Our best hope is probably win enough conference games to get a 3 seed somewhere.
real and true GIF

The fact that FAU’s telecast had us listed as FIU in the box score is wild af.

Anyways, like I was explaining to @HurricanePhilly , u cannot keep playing w fire like we have **** near all year. Expecting miracles after each outing is no way to play baseball. We were fortunate to face a Stonehill & UVA BP that feature two pitchers w/ a 54.00+ E.R.A, & had some Mark Light Magic, but that glass slipper will eventually come off.

We can’t keep getting down like this & expect for heroic moments in the 7th to pull us through.

Another midweek L, now 1-3 with the one win being a miracle late game rally to beat Stonehill. That’s also 3 L’s in a row in Boca. On to UNC.

Advertisement
Is there a NIT equivalent tournament for baseball?? Field of 64 looks like a dream only at the moment….

Advertisement
We were never “reloading” after what we lost to the draft last year. This is kind of where I expected us to be a few weeks into the season. I do think we will improve as the season goes on, but as Javi said, baseball development isn’t linear so I expect some bumps. If we go .500 in the ACC, I will be happy provided we show improvement as the season progressed. Next year is the real test imo.

Advertisement
Back