3/12/24 Game 17: FAU 9-7 L

I mean these are fireable offenses. I don’t care how many games he has had the helm. I mean how do we lose all these mid week games. Is it recruiting? Is it coaching? Is it development? It’s all of those and every single one is JDs fault. We’re not a top 50 team and we got lucky this past weekend. I fn hate this team and I hate this coaching staff. We barely beat teams I have never heard of before. A good travel ball team would run rule us.

Advertisement
I thought it would be year three when Link really got it rolling but I said Leiter was figuring it out at the end of last year and was a great pick up. They have a legit 3 on weekends and a few legit bats plus a first rounder right in the middle of it all. Their schedule so far outside of UF has been mediocre but they are hitting line .370 with an era under 3 and they don’t kick it around.

I do think they will come back to earth a bit as the season goes on but with those 3 weekend guys they will have a shot in every series if they stay healthy.

To keep ourselves ahead of any late season issues I’d love to see us win the series vs UNC and ND. But we still don’t really know what this team is beyond a streaky offense at times and questionable pen. Unfortunately I do think we are in the bottom third of the conference. But that’s why you play the games.

I like Link, but what is the basis for saying he is a top 3 coach in the country. Gino ragdolled him and I'm not sure Gino was a top 30 coach.
Yikes. Gino had been in charge for 10+ years. Link was starting over after the Mike Jr. disaster. Last year’s series says absolutely nothing about the two head coaches.

Yikes. Gino had been in charge for 10+ years. Link was starting over after the Mike Jr. disaster. Last year’s series says absolutely nothing about the two head coaches.
My point wasn’t to pimp Gino, but rather to question whether Link is one of the top 3 coaches in college baseball. I think he is a great coach, but to say he is top 3 at this point seems a bit extreme.

My point wasn’t to pimp Gino, but rather to question whether Link is one of the top 3 coaches in college baseball. I think he is a great coach, but to say he is top 3 at this point seems a bit extreme.
Haven't heard a peep from Gino. Was he at the alumni game?

Advertisement

Just saying, you used last year's series as evidence when Link had only begun to tear that thing down. I get your point about top three, but Link is very, very good.

Just saying, you used last year's series as evidence when Link had only begun to tear that thing down. I get your point about top three, but Link is very, very good.
No, I was actually at the UM v ND series the year before at UM when we rolled them. Link was ND’s coach. Again, not knocking Link - just saying the “top 3 college coach in America” is a but much at this point.

How is there only male on the swimming/diving roster? Is that Tilte 9 run amok or he just identifies as chick?

Advertisement
Whatever Link did at FSU worked. Our portal game sucks.
I think what’s more pathetic is that JD knew what he had and what he should try and attack in the portal…. They’ve been pretty vocal about how they didn’t want to spend money on a quality staff so it’s not shocking this is what we are getting

How is there only male on the swimming/diving roster? Is that Tilte 9 run amok or he just identifies as chick?
Divers are much more balanced than they used to be. Looks like it’s currently four women to three men. No men’s swimming is Title IX.

Advertisement
Back