3/12/24 Game 17: FAU 9-7 L

Advertisement
Crowther didn’t even want to tease with hope for a shutdown inning

Pitchers consistently in trouble and thus the team is constantly behind. Since the Saturday UF game I think we’ve lead like 4 innings out of a possible 45+ innings yet somehow we managed to win 3 games in that stretch.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s why I am extremely cautiously optimistic after this past weekend. Fun seeing those 3-4 big innings but beyond that there was a lot of bad baseball.

Playing w/ fire is never good. The UVA series proved a couple of things:

UVA’s propensity to give up leads was on full display as scouted, & Miami puts itself in dangerous positions. Personally, after watching a few of UVA’s games, I thought they were overrated. 6 of UVA’s first 14 games against bad competition, their staff gave up 6+ runs, which is their BP has a deplorable E.R.A.

We can’t continue to put ourselves the 8 ball, b/c we’re not going to face BP pitching staffs like UVA & Stonehill moving fwd. We gotta clean this up.

Advertisement
Uva has a lot of new faces. Glad we got them early. I bet they are playing much better later.

If we can somehow come out of the first 4 Acc series 8-4 I’d be psyched heading into Duke

Advertisement
Back