276 Yards

to a D that gave up:

530 to UL
450 to USF
538 to UNC

They were 2nd to last in yards per pass given up and we never threatened them down the field.

FWIW, we had 425 yards last year on the road vs a much better FSU defense. Richt play calling has been miserable all year, the strength of competition just hid that fact.

That's actually not bad since we've still got 80 % of the playbook still locked away

Dammit mane. Lu even said we hadn't showed some stuff this year, was hoping that was true. Maybe it wasn't.

Why aren't we attacking down the field?
Why we attacking the middle of the field with Njoku and Herndon?

As sad as it is to say, if Coley was calling plays we win the game.

"Why we attacking the middle of the field with Njoku and Herndon?"

This!! If you have a mismatch TAKE IT!
This is inexcusable.

I saw stuff used with Njoku in the slot in practices. He was bracketed at times and did create some stuff for others, but he was completely underutilized. Kaaya attacked outside the edges at a disproportionate amount. Simple crossing routes between Njoku and Herndon would have been better than some of what we saw.

Want to know the bottom line:

At times in the 4th quarter, we suddenly went I-Form and Coker-T (2TE and a FB). If that didn't smell of grab bag stuff, I'm not sure what to say. The bigger issue here is playcalling, sequencing and timing. With all due respect to Coach Richt, it was poor tonight.

FWIW, we showed all the formations I had seen tonight. We just got almost an unreal low amount of juice out of what we did with them.

Mind blowing stuff.

This was Jame Coley-esque, except Coley was more successful. Honestly that was a F performance by Richt.

Advertisement
Some of the worst play calling I've seen in my 30+ years of passionately watching, digesting, and suffering through every down of Miami football during that time.

I wanted to see seam routes, drags, crossing patterns, rb screens, and a **** of a lot more slants.

We got bubbles, draws, and off tackles. We got 2 consecutive running plays in the face of a 1st and 25.

We got Patrick Nix tonight. Richt needs to hire a dedicated OC and stick to the CEO role. Period.

to a D that gave up:

530 to UL
450 to USF
538 to UNC

They were 2nd to last in yards per pass given up and we never threatened them down the field.

FWIW, we had 425 yards last year on the road vs a much better FSU defense. Richt play calling has been miserable all year, the strength of competition just hid that fact.

My main concern with Richt. Everything has to be perfect for pro style to be dominant.

He looked washed as a playcaller tonight. I pray he's just rusty as he's said a couple times.

Our only hope. Otherwise we are getting the exact same guy that lost every big game at UGA the last 5 years.

I don't have much hope after seeing his stuff/"adjustments" tonight.
I've seen enough in the first five games. No need to delude myself into thinking he's gonna get much better. He's just not a good play caller. ******* sucks

Richt's gonna need a good OL, an NFL back, and a big-time QB.

Jesus, that playcalling was terrifying.
Honestly, I'm sick of that too. The ******* talent advantage needed to run this offense. Do more with less for once. Just tired of it all.

to a D that gave up:

530 to UL
450 to USF
538 to UNC

In this rivalry, when we go head to head all season stats, records, and streaks go out the window. Anything can happen at any point in the game.

Comps aren't worth a bother.

He used all of the plays I hoped to see today. They either didn't have the timing, the WR didn't get the separation, or Kaaya didn't buy sufficient time in the pocket. And, an enormous part of each of those is the plays are not being called in great sequence or with any great timing. In fact, I'd say the tempo is forced.

I'm sick to my stomach on what should have been a double digit win. This wasn't a "depth" thing. That FSU team had as many holes as any FSU team will have for the foreseeable future.

**** everything.

He's either extremely rusty or doesn't have it anymore.

Hope we get a breakdown on those plays this week because I didn't see it. Obviously you can't see a lot from TV coverage but didn't see up pressuring their LBs or S in coverage. Why weren't we pressing Lane all game?

And agree, that should have been an easy W.

I think part of the answer to that is Kaaya. At his best, he steps into the pocket like on 4th and 4. At his worst, he loses himself or makes too quick a read to his primary target (outside the hashes).

I would have rather seen 4-Vert all game.
It's really sad to say I think Coley called better games in 2014 and 2015.

I was expecting to see A LOT more of this.

Advertisement
He used all of the plays I hoped to see today. They either didn't have the timing, the WR didn't get the separation, or Kaaya didn't buy sufficient time in the pocket. And, an enormous part of each of those is the plays are not being called in great sequence or with any great timing. In fact, I'd say the tempo is forced.

I'm sick to my stomach on what should have been a double digit win. This wasn't a "depth" thing. That FSU team had as many holes as any FSU team will have for the foreseeable future.

**** everything.

Hope we get a breakdown on those plays this week because I didn't see it. Obviously you can't see a lot from TV coverage but didn't see up pressuring their LBs or S in coverage. Why weren't we pressing Lane all game?

I think part of the answer to that is Kaaya. At his best, he steps into the pocket like on 4th and 4. At his worst, he loses himself or makes too quick a read to his primary target (outside the hashes).

I would have rather seen 4-Vert all game. It's really sad to say I think Coley called better games in 2014 and 2015.

How disappointed are you in Kaaya's development? He looks lost with a hint of pressure. I thought he would be much better feeling/stepping around pressure, somewhat like Brady, River, Manning, etc are able to do.

As for the bold, completely agree. A guy who called a half back pass in a blizzard is better then our current HC/OC at calling plays, **** me.

In case you'll didn't know.

0​

Richt is not very good.

Kayak is not very good.

We are not very good.​

to a D that gave up:

530 to UL
450 to USF
538 to UNC

He's not a good play caller. He wasn't at UGA and he's not now. I drank the kool aid to buy in but the man leaves a lot to be desired

I think he coached a **** game but richt's offenses early on at uga when he was calling offenses were pretty good, no?

Advertisement

**** everything.

I would have rather seen 4-Vert all game. It's really sad to say I think Coley called better games in 2014 and 2015.

How disappointed are you in Kaaya's development? He looks lost with a hint of pressure. I thought he would be much better feeling/stepping around pressure, somewhat like Brady, River, Manning, etc are able to do.

As for the bold, completely agree. A guy who called a half back pass in a blizzard is better then our current HC/OC at calling plays, **** me.

I'm not. This is who he's been. I've been asking for the same thing since his rookie season: when will we see him shuffle in the pocket and buy time with his feet within that pocket? He *has* gotten better, but it is stuck at its current level.

I said last week or the week before that I'd blitz him A-gap blitz him and play zone behind it. The response was he'd kill that. I disagree and haven't seen evidence of it. Hope we see it soon or things will get ugly for us this month.

Not gonna lie. Richt's playcalling tonight has me SHOOK.

Even if we would have gotten lucky at the end and somehow pulled out a win....I'd still be sitting here mad as **** as what I saw out of the of first 3.75 quarters of the game.

The two consecutive running plays immediately following the holding call on Walton's TD run were the last straw for me. If he doesn't step down as the play caller and hire a dedicated OC soon it's time to start fueling planes.

Last edited:

Yep, it's a sinking feeling of what's to come - inability to adjust effectively, limited offensive play calling, insistence on running something repeatedly (RPO), ineffective use of talent, etc. I think we'll have a good inisigjt into what this program (and richt) is capable of the next few weeks. Honestly, for me, my hope for the next few years comes in the next few games.

Advertisement

Yep, it's a sinking feeling of what's to come - inability to adjust effectively, limited offensive play calling, insistence on running something repeatedly (RPO), ineffective use of talent, etc. I think we'll have a good inisigjt into what this program (and richt) is capable of the next few weeks. Honestly, for me, my hope for the next few years comes in the next few games.

There's a lot of truth in your last sentence.

Even if we would have gotten lucky at the end and somehow pulled out a win....I'll still be sitting here mad as **** as what I saw out of the of first 3.75 quarters of the game.

The two consecutive running plays immediately following the holding call on Walton's TD run were the last straw for me. If he doesn't step down as the play caller and hire a dedicated OC soon it's time to start fueling planes.

Didn't he also run three straight times before the fourth down throw??

Even if we would have gotten lucky at the end and somehow pulled out a win....I'll still be sitting here mad as **** as what I saw out of the of first 3.75 quarters of the game.

Yeah.

i don't think he wanted Kaaya to throw, but when it came to 4th down he had no choice.

Advertisement

Yup...for as bad as Kaaya has looked at times he completely bailed Richt out in that spot.

Yep. It was 1st & 20 at midfield. Then he calls two nothing runs, and it's 3rd & forever. You don't trust your QB to pick up 8-10 yards throwing the ball?

I was ****ED when he ran on 3rd & 3. You gotta give yourself two cracks at it through the air. Kaaya/Coley bailed him out.

Either Richt's brain is water logged or he has zero faith in his qb

got a buddy at work that is an fsu fan and his dad is an uga fan. he's been watching richt for awhile to say the least. everything being said in this thread he's been telling me since miami hired richt. nice guy, good recruiter, **** play caller. i talked with him after the game and he just laughed and said "i told ya". hoping richt isn't the offensive version of dorito. the next three weeks will really show us what we need to know about him.

Advertisement
Back