276 Yards

to a D that gave up:

530 to UL
450 to USF
538 to UNC

They were 2nd to last in yards per pass given up and we never threatened them down the field.

FWIW, we had 425 yards last year on the road vs a much better FSU defense. Richt play calling has been miserable all year, the strength of competition just hid that fact.

The difference is those 3 offenses run circles around Miami's....and its not close

Advertisement
Not putting it all on Richt but not his best performance. Kaaya sucks under pressure. That INT was at atrocious. Jacory type **** there. He needs to play behind an elite OL and we dont have that. The guy cant move. I see people saying we need a running QB but i dont buy that. Just give me someone that can move in the pocket. Kaaya clearly can't and having in shotgun so much because of that limits our run game. Everyone knows Kaaya isn't going to pull the ball out on those designed zone runs so they crash down on our backs. Not a good look from Richt or Kaaya as Richt has not adjusted and found something.

to a D that gave up:

530 to UL
450 to USF
538 to UNC

They were 2nd to last in yards per pass given up and we never threatened them down the field.

FWIW, we had 425 yards last year on the road vs a much better FSU defense. Richt play calling has been miserable all year, the strength of competition just hid that fact.

My main concern with Richt. Everything has to be perfect for pro style to be dominant.

He looked washed as a playcaller tonight. I pray he's just rusty as he's said a couple times.

Our only hope. Otherwise we are getting the exact same guy that lost every big game at UGA the last 5 years.

I don't have much hope after seeing his stuff/"adjustments" tonight.
I've seen enough in the first five games. No need to delude myself into thinking he's gonna get much better. He's just not a good play caller. ******* sucks

Richt's gonna need a good OL, an NFL back, and a big-time QB.

Jesus, that playcalling was terrifying.

So we have another coach who will never out coach someone. Awesome.

No wonder some of us weren't blowing Flake James for the Richt hire.

I'm more worried about the playbook than the playcalling. He's definitely rusty as a playcaller but the lack of creativity in the actual plays is concerning. Running the same 10 plays with different tempo's isnt going to work for too long... We're two power 5 games in and our O has been preety suspect.

Chip Kelly's playbook isn't deep, but he knows how to stress a defense.

Richt's playcalling was conservative, and looked like a grab bag at times. The Coker T **** isn't working.

to a D that gave up:

530 to UL
450 to USF
538 to UNC

The difference is those 3 offenses run circles around Miami's....and its not close

So USF has more offensive talent then Miami?

Advertisement

The good news is he nailed the Diaz/Kool hires. This defense is legit.

But this offense has to get WAAAAAY better.

I'm more worried about the playbook than the playcalling. He's definitely rusty as a playcaller but the lack of creativity in the actual plays is concerning. Running the same 10 plays with different tempo's isnt going to work for too long... We're two power 5 games in and our O has been preety suspect.

Richt's playcalling was conservative, and looked like a grab bag at times. The Coker T **** isn't working.

Very important for any play caller. What did we do tonight to stress FSUs D?

I can't think of much beside the 2-3 go routes to Coley. Which by the way he had his man beat on 2 out of the 3, even a good throw on the 3rd is a completed pass.

Not willing to say he nailed the Diaz hire yet, a few concerning things vs GT/FSU. Overall he has done a good job though.

Kool obviously an A+

Advertisement

I can't think of much beside the 2-3 go routes to Coley. Which by the way he had his man beat on 2 out of the 3, even a good throw on the 3rd is a completed pass.

I-formation has been trash this year. What's the point if you're constantly getting 1 and 2 yards a pop?

Not willing to say he nailed the Diaz hire yet, a few concerning things vs GT/FSU. Overall he has done a good job though.

Kool obviously an A+

Diaz worries me sometimes on those all out blitzes. The passes that got batted down were nice but also lucky considering that they had people open most of the time. I love the agressiveness, but it is clear that good quarterbacks with a solid offensive line will do some damage on us. Kool is a savage and has made such a difference. All in all, I like what I see out of Diaz but not ready to crown him.

I-formation has been trash this year. What's the point if you're constantly getting 1 and 2 yards a pop?

If I didn't love Miami I would have laughed when we went with 2 TE, FB, and Berrios on 1st down on the last drive. Shockingly FSU sold out vs the run and we lost 2 years. So god **** obvious anytime we went to the I.

Advertisement
to a D that gave up:

530 to UL
450 to USF
538 to UNC

That's actually not bad since we've still got 80 % of the playbook still locked away

Dammit mane. Lu even said we hadn't showed some stuff this year, was hoping that was true. Maybe it wasn't.

Why aren't we attacking down the field?
Why we attacking the middle of the field with Njoku and Herndon?

As sad as it is to say, if Coley was calling plays we win the game.

"Why we attacking the middle of the field with Njoku and Herndon?"

This!! If you have a mismatch TAKE IT!
This is inexcusable.

Kool obviously an A+

If you told me Diaz and his D held FSU to 20 before the game I would have said we rolled by at least 2 TDs. The offense was so disappointing, mainly Kaaya. We got after FSU's little Frenchman but he kept coming back making plays. To bad Kaaya curled into the fetal position every time an FSU defender got within 2 yards of him.

We are incredibly easy to gameplan against. They knew all of our routes/plays because we only have about 3-4 passing plays. It's embarrassing. We need an improvement at WR, but it's hard to blame them for not getting open when FSU's secondary knew exacty what was coming.

1st and 2nd down play calling was terrible.
Run game is terrible now that we are playing real opponents.

FSU has more talent than us, and is built bigger/faster than us right now.... that has to change if richt is gonna win with this 1990s style of O.

Advertisement
He used all of the plays I hoped to see today. They either didn't have the timing, the WR didn't get the separation, or Kaaya didn't buy sufficient time in the pocket. And, an enormous part of each of those is the plays are not being called in great sequence or with any great timing. In fact, I'd say the tempo is forced.

I'm sick to my stomach on what should have been a double digit win. This wasn't a "depth" thing. That FSU team had as many holes as any FSU team will have for the foreseeable future.

**** everything.

He used all of the plays I hoped to see today. They either didn't have the timing, the WR didn't get the separation, or Kaaya didn't buy sufficient time in the pocket. And, an enormous part of each of those is the plays are not being called in great sequence or with any great timing. In fact, I'd say the tempo is forced.

I'm sick to my stomach on what should have been a double digit win. This wasn't a "depth" thing. That FSU team had as many holes as any FSU team will have for the foreseeable future.

**** everything.

He's either extremely rusty or doesn't have it anymore.

Hope we get a breakdown on those plays this week because I didn't see it. Obviously you can't see a lot from TV coverage but didn't see up pressuring their LBs or S in coverage. Why weren't we pressing Lane all game?

And agree, that should have been an easy W.

to a D that gave up:

530 to UL
450 to USF
538 to UNC

That's actually not bad since we've still got 80 % of the playbook still locked away

Dammit mane. Lu even said we hadn't showed some stuff this year, was hoping that was true. Maybe it wasn't.

Why aren't we attacking down the field?
Why we attacking the middle of the field with Njoku and Herndon?

As sad as it is to say, if Coley was calling plays we win the game.

"Why we attacking the middle of the field with Njoku and Herndon?"

This!! If you have a mismatch TAKE IT!
This is inexcusable.

I saw stuff used with Njoku in the slot in practices. He was bracketed at times and did create some stuff for others, but he was completely underutilized. Kaaya attacked outside the edges at a disproportionate amount. Simple crossing routes between Njoku and Herndon would have been better than some of what we saw.

Want to know the bottom line:

At times in the 4th quarter, we suddenly went I-Form and Coker-T (2TE and a FB). If that didn't smell of grab bag stuff, I'm not sure what to say. The bigger issue here is playcalling, sequencing and timing. With all due respect to Coach Richt, it was poor tonight.

FWIW, we showed all the formations I had seen tonight. We just got almost an unreal low amount of juice out of what we did with them.

**** everything.

He's either extremely rusty or doesn't have it anymore.

Hope we get a breakdown on those plays this week because I didn't see it. Obviously you can't see a lot from TV coverage but didn't see up pressuring their LBs or S in coverage. Why weren't we pressing Lane all game?

And agree, that should have been an easy W.

I think part of the answer to that is Kaaya. At his best, he steps into the pocket like on 4th and 4. At his worst, he loses himself or makes too quick a read to his primary target (outside the hashes).

I would have rather seen 4-Vert all game. It's really sad to say I think Coley called better games in 2014 and 2015.

Advertisement
Back