247s WAY Too Early 2021 Top 25

Advertisement
I think we are ranked too high. I know we have a few vets coming back but our receivers still can’t catch, o-line doesn’t dominate the big time schools, and who’s replacing our Lou Groza award winner. Losing Borregales is huge IMO.

There are glaring issues all over this top 25.

-Cincy who had a great year because of their Defense, just lost their DC. Shouldn't be top 10.
-UGA ranked over OSU like someone mentioned before.
-UNC ranked as if their offense is returning mostly everyone. They aren't.
-ND, who was just a top 4 team, will have similar if not better defense and is behind UNC/ISU.
-Penn St and LSU both ranked and hasn't done much to assume improvement.

247 has already posted their pre-season top 25 for 2021... I’ve included the full list below, but personally I think the Canes are too high.

1-Bama
2-OU
3-Clemson
4-UGA
5-OSU
6-UNC
7-ISU
T8-ND
T8-TAMU
10-Cincy
11-UF
T12-Miami
T12-USC
14-Oregon
15-Iowa
16-Indiana
17- Penn St
18-Texas
19-Wisconsin
20-ASU
21-LSU
22-Coastal Carolina
T23-Ok St
T23-Washington
25-Northwestern
agree

247 has already posted their pre-season top 25 for 2021... I’ve included the full list below, but personally I think the Canes are too high.

1-Bama
2-OU
3-Clemson
4-UGA
5-OSU
6-UNC
7-ISU
T8-ND
T8-TAMU
10-Cincy
11-UF
T12-Miami
T12-USC
14-Oregon
15-Iowa
16-Indiana
17- Penn St
18-Texas
19-Wisconsin
20-ASU
21-LSU
22-Coastal Carolina
T23-Ok St
T23-Washington
25-Northwestern

They need the Canes at #12 because they'll open with #1 Alabama and the game needs more allure.

If Miami was opening with Bethune-Cookman, they'd be ranked #20.

Advertisement
Can't stand them and they routinely underachieve but I would have Georgia at 1 (they looked a lot better with Daniels) as they are loaded everywhere. Clemson's backup looked very good already, they'll get all those talented wrs, and their defense will be great next year as those frosh studs will progress so I would have them 2. I would even put Oklahoma ahead at 3. Then Alabama and OSU at 4/5.

UGA loses their top 6 guys in the secondary

Advertisement
I know Bama is Bama and they are loaded with young talent and incoming freshmen talent (Brooks, Latham, Brockermeyers, Earle, Leary, etc.) but:

On offense they lose Mac Jones (more than likely), Najee Harris, Alex Leatherwood, Landon ****erson, Devonta Smith, Waddle (more than likely), and Deonte Brown. That is a TON of key guys to lose. And then they are breaking in a new OC?

On defense they will lose a couple key guys and should actually be better next year, but overall, I am surprised they are pre-season number 1. Loaded or not, on offense they have a lot of new guys and a key coach to break in.
So playing them in first game is probably best case scenario. Get them before they get on a roll.

So playing them in first game is probably best case scenario. Get them before they get on a roll.

100%. They'll be a 21+ point favorite anyway, but yes, they lose a ton on offense and will be breaking in a new coordinator. Who knows how much in-person learning will be allowed even into this year with Covid. So it's a pretty reasonable expectation that they'll be at their worst on offense early in the season before everything totally gels.

The bad news is, IMO Bryce Young is going to be the best QB they've ever had. If you want some terrifying nightmares, google his HS highlights. He's frightening.

Keyshawn smith needs to step up... every chance to be “the guy” on the outside with Harley on the inside slot
This leaves us one spot to fill. Sure we can plug in one of the Freshmen but we could also take a free agent that has grown into their body with 2-4 years of experience.

I bet every other team’s fans on this list think their team should be ranked higher or are happy where they are at. Only Miami “fans” would argue their team is ranked too high. I’m sure y’all are miffed that we finished this season ranked as well.

Part of that is bc this board is filled with fake fans and another part is that we have a bunch of miserable fans that like to focus on the negative and desperately want to be proven right about Manny and his staff.

What the “Miami is ranked too high” crowd always forgets is that other teams have holes as well and routinely lose their best players, it’s not just us. (we actually have some of our better players deciding to return this time) They seems to always think there are at least 25 teams, not named Miami, that have 2 deeps loaded with proven talent when that just isn’t the case.

There are very few, if any, complete teams outside of the top group on that list. We can beat any of the rest, and who even knows what the top teams will look like 8 months from now. Quit being such mopey püssies.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We may end at 12 when all is said and done after next season. But likely putting us there because of everyone returning and needing to boost Bama’s OOC schedule.

Advertisement
Back