247s WAY Too Early 2021 Top 25

CanesNY26

Freshman
247 has already posted their pre-season top 25 for 2021... I’ve included the full list below, but personally I think the Canes are too high.

1-Bama
2-OU
3-Clemson
4-UGA
5-OSU
6-UNC
7-ISU
T8-ND
T8-TAMU
10-Cincy
11-UF
T12-Miami
T12-USC
14-Oregon
15-Iowa
16-Indiana
17- Penn St
18-Texas
19-Wisconsin
20-ASU
21-LSU
22-Coastal Carolina
T23-Ok St
T23-Washington
25-Northwestern

Advertisement
247 has already posted their pre-season top 25 for 2021... I’ve included the full list below, but personally I think the Canes are too high.

1-Bama
2-OU
3-Clemson
4-UGA
5-OSU
6-UNC
7-ISU
T8-ND
T8-TAMU
10-Cincy
11-UF
T12-Miami
T12-USC
14-Oregon
15-Iowa
16-Indiana
17- Penn St
18-Texas
19-Wisconsin
20-ASU
21-LSU
22-Coastal Carolina
T23-Ok St
T23-Washington
25-Northwestern
UF is WAY too high. What they have already lost, plus possibly losing Mullet? They won't sniff the top 25

Advertisement
AP and Coaches will probably have us around 16-20.. I think if we add a high caliber DE and CB from the portal, 12 is spot on.

Advertisement
I know Bama is Bama and they are loaded with young talent and incoming freshmen talent (Brooks, Latham, Brockermeyers, Earle, Leary, etc.) but:

On offense they lose Mac Jones (more than likely), Najee Harris, Alex Leatherwood, Landon ****erson, Devonta Smith, Waddle (more than likely), and Deonte Brown. That is a TON of key guys to lose. And then they are breaking in a new OC?

On defense they will lose a couple key guys and should actually be better next year, but overall, I am surprised they are pre-season number 1. Loaded or not, on offense they have a lot of new guys and a key coach to break in.

Advertisement
I know Bama is Bama and they are loaded with young talent and incoming freshmen talent (Brooks, Latham, Brockermeyers, Earle, Leary, etc.) but:

On offense they lose Mac Jones (more than likely), Najee Harris, Alex Leatherwood, Landon ****erson, Devonta Smith, Waddle (more than likely), and Deonte Brown. That is a TON of key guys to lose. And then they are breaking in a new OC?

On defense they will lose a couple key guys and should actually be better next year, but overall, I am surprised they are pre-season number 1. Loaded or not, on offense they have a lot of new guys and a key coach to break in.
Who would you put at #1 then?

That still leaves the big question mark at WR.
I’m not worried about WR as most are. I think Harley continues upward trend and the influx of 20 and 21 class has a big impact with full offseason. I think Lashlee needs to adjust how he calls plays for them as well.

Advertisement
Won’t sniff the top 25? Y’all are on crack. In the last 20 years the worst UF have finished is 21 — inside the top-25.

There is so much talent in Florida that by default it makes it difficult for the Big 3 to finish far outside of the top-25, regardless of play/record.

Uf has had some rough years in the last decade: 4-7, 4-8, and 7-5.

Won’t sniff the top 25? Y’all are on crack. In the last 20 years the worst UF have finished is 21 — inside the top-25.

There is so much talent in Florida that by default it makes it difficult for the Big 3 to finish far outside of the top-25, regardless of play/record.

they have 2 4 win seasons from 2010-2020...

You’re 100% correct. I was referring to recruiting, meaning they should have enough talent to hold their own. Plus, it’s still a ”good job”. Difficult for them Miami or FSU to stay down. I should’ve been more clear

agreed. this coming year I do think will be rough tho given emory jones isnt very good and hes their next in line starter along with their losses across the O

Advertisement
Back