247 Updated

Advertisement
Because he didn’t test as an elite athlete, doesn’t seem to run the 40 that well (although he plays faster than a. 4.7 40 and had a 4.7 shuttle time which isn’t good. He still is an elite playmaker and his biggest impact is on the field period
Crazy to think the actual play on the field matters that little

I don't know if you watched the opening but Payton was outshined by a lot of guys.
Not true Payton got hurt on like the 2nd day but was balling before that and was really impressive. 247 had a write up about it. He just got hurt which allowed Kyle ford to really shine and get majority of the targets the last 2 days because he was out

Advertisement
Not true Payton got hurt on like the 2nd day but was balling before that and was really impressive. 247 had a write up about it. He just got hurt which allowed Kyle ford to really shine and get majority of the targets the last 2 days because he was out
247 Miami had a write up about it. They obviously gonna hype up the Miami commit. I actually watched the opening. He was consistent, he made some plays here and there but he really didnt do anything to wow me. A bunch of guys were flying around making plays left and right.

I don't know if you watched the opening but Payton was outshined by a lot of guys.

So now you're changing the subject.

First it was testing #s, which showed you were clueless because he didn't test poorly in comparison to most of the other top WRs.

And now you're using an event he had got hurt at. And these aren't supposed to be Nike Opening rankngs, they're supposed to be recruiting rankings.

247 looked dumb with their ranking of Richards (another guy who didn't test great), and I'm sure it will be the same with Payton.

Take off the hater glasses

247 Miami had a write up about it. They obviously gonna hype up the Miami commit. I actually watched the opening. He was consistent, he made some plays here and there but he really didnt do anything to wow me. A bunch of guys were flying around making plays left and right.
He didnt play bad we showed he is great but he wasnt even close to being one of the guys who stood out the most and Im a Miami fan.

So now you're changing the subject.

First it was testing #s, which showed you were clueless because he didn't test poorly in comparison to most of the other top WRs.

And now you're using an event he had got hurt at. And these aren't supposed to be Nike Opening rankngs, they're supposed to be recruiting rankings.

247 looked dumb with their ranking of Richards (another guy who didn't test great), and I'm sure it will be the same with Payton.

Take off the hater glasses
No I'm not changing the subject. You're telling me other guys ranked above him also tested poorly and Im telling you that while that may be correct they stood out more than he did. They shined more. Recruiting rankins are all about flash.

Advertisement
One guy who I thinkg should be ranked a lot lower is Frank Ladson. He hasnt shown me a 5 star reciever and I am sure many others feel the same way.

One guy who I thinkg should be ranked a lot lower is Frank Ladson. He hasnt shown me a 5 star reciever and I am sure many others feel the same way.

hey, common ground haha.

Ladson scratched his 40 at both the Miami Opening and the Finals. I mean, if there's a guy whose testing #s are to be wary of its him, because you only scratch if its a bad time, and so he has no listed 40, and no track times to go by

And he just hasn't been that productive in HS.

I'd definitely take him, but he shouldn't be a 5*, 75-100 is more appropriate imo

hey, common ground haha.

Ladson scratched his 40 at both the Miami Opening and the Finals. I mean, if there's a guy whose testing #s are to be wary of its him, because you only scratch if its a bad time, and so he has no listed 40, and no track times to go by

And he just hasn't been that productive in HS.

I'd definitely take him, but he shouldn't be a 5*, 75-100 is more appropriate imo
I dont think he is a top 100 player. Average high school production, average probable testing numbers, very slim frame gonna have to put on a lot of weight. They basically making him a 5 star because hes tall and jumps high. To me hes not a top 15 reciever id rank him just outside of that. Thers just so many good recievers in the country.

Advertisement
Unless you actually went to the opening then you couldn’t have watched it because the day they broadcasted the 7 on 7 games which was the final day he didn’t play

Unless you actually went to the opening then you couldn’t have watched it because the day they broadcasted the 7 on 7 games which was the final day he didn’t play
no sir. Thats when NFL network streamed it. they had a couple of streams online and on kodi. Not great quality but you could see anough.

Advertisement
Our class was dropped to 16.
Dont think we end with a top 10 class unless rique and Neal and some other highly rated guys come onboard. Not a bad thing. We’ll get the talent. Problem is we’re gonna be loaded with linemen on both sides and might have the infusion of quality vs quantity the rankings will be looking for. Still confident we end with a good class with the RIGHT players

I am pretty sure there was a write up that noted he seemed pretty invisible at the Opening except for a couple of plays

Advertisement
Back