247 Updated

If Payton runs a 4.4 at the opening or any camp, his price tag will go up and run the risk of losing him to the "highest" paying team...

Advertisement
Remember when @SayWhat tried to say uga was just cleaning up the state in recruiting and it’s because of him. It ain’t happening this year for sure

In case you forgot, it is July.

You cannot argue that they have always done well in their state, that is a known fact.

Care to place a wager on how they do this year Brock? I would bet another top five class based on prospect ranking, not the absurd class size bonus rankings. Clemson like if you will, smaller size, but full of quality.

In case you forgot, it is July.

You cannot argue that they have always done well in their state, that is a known fact.

Care to place a wager on how they do this year Brock? I would bet another top five class based on prospect ranking, not the absurd class size bonus rankings. Clemson like if you will, smaller size, but full of quality.
Clemson has even more 3 stars than Miami this cycle. Last year was an anomaly for them. I’m not saying uga won’t end up top5 in the rankings but it won’t be like last year and they won’t clean up the state with all the elite prospects either

Clemson has even more 3 stars than Miami this cycle. Last year was an anomaly for them. I’m not saying uga won’t end up top5 in the rankings but it won’t be like last year and they won’t clean up the state with all the elite prospects either
LSU will be top 5 this year taking the place of UGA. LA still has a lot of top players yet to sign that are positionally rank pretty good and LSU is taking advantage and will beat out UGA if they continue to let the Georgia kids leave the state which LA had a down year overall last year and it showed in LSU ranking.

How do you explain Avery Huff moving up then?
I know its so stupid to think someone moved down cause hes coming to the u but in the same argumebt soneone moved up. Anything to fit there narrative. Unless he was joking but some fans actually think this......gotta get the str8 jackets ready.

Advertisement
Because he didn’t test as an elite athlete, doesn’t seem to run the 40 that well (although he plays faster than a. 4.7 40 and had a 4.7 shuttle time which isn’t good. He still is an elite playmaker and his biggest impact is on the field period
facts

I hate to agree with good ole @brock but its about projection and what a prospect projects not about how many tds he scored with no pads. They r ranking kid by exactly what brock is pounting out and some people seem to not understand what this is. We go through this every single year trying to explain this to people. If your 40 and shuttle are pedestrian they will drop u and rightfully so.

I know its so stupid to think someone moved down cause hes coming to the u but in the same argumebt soneone moved up. Anything to fit there narrative. Unless he was joking but some fans actually think this......gotta get the str8 jackets ready.
Simply to appease our fans so I was joking. I know that he didn't test well at previous camps. I do think if he was healthy and performed like Kyle Ford in that last game they would have either bumped him up or kept him where he was.

Simply to appease our fans so I was joking. I know that he didn't test well at previous camps. I do think if he was healthy and performed like Kyle Ford in that last game they would have either bumped him up or kept him where he was.
My bad then if u was joking but theres actually people that thin that though i know u been here long enough to know that, i couldnt read the sarcasm or joke lol thats on me.

Advertisement
Looking like a bust or someone who isnt as good as his ranking or film.

seems like there are bust everywhere this cycle. First spaghetti got exposed for lack of athleticism (but he does make plays but it a different kind of ball in the P5) and Ladson ain't showing why he been so hyped.

seems like there are bust everywhere this cycle. First spaghetti got exposed for lack of athleticism (but he does make plays but it a different kind of ball in the P5) and Ladson ain't showing why he been so hyped.
Thats what these camps are for cause sometimes we watch highlights and they all look good in them and thats what they want to look like in those films. The camps give a better indication of a prospects ceiling and also to see if a kid can imorove with other ballers around them. Sometimes thata all it takes to have certain athletes around uso u can shine. Alot of different factors.....thats why coaches get the big bucks and its why saban is the best at it. Butch was like that he knew what a player was before that very player even knew what he was.

Thats what these camps are for cause sometimes we watch highlights and they all look good in them and thats what they want to look like in those films. The camps give a better indication of a prospects ceiling and also to see if a kid can imorove with other ballers around them. Sometimes thata all it takes to have certain athletes around uso u can shine. Alot of different factors.....thats why coaches get the big bucks and its why saban is the best at it. Butch was like that he knew what a player was before that very player even knew what he was.
I get why camps would be better than highlight film, what do you think of actual game film, as opposed to camps.

Advertisement
I get why camps would be better than highlight film, what do you think of actual game film, as opposed to camps.
Game film is good but its still high school and high school doesnt come close to the college level. A kid could look great in highlights and to know if he can be great is intangibles. He can be the most explosive player in most games in hs but whos to say if hes explosive enough to be a star at the U. Miami and the big boys recruit for stars or try to. The camps seperate the men from the boys....wil they and everyone miss on a guy that has great game film? Yea it happens all the time but the camps have a good hit rate on most kids.

Yeah, I have struggled sometimes with what medium to judge a recruit by, because you got knowledgeable guys on here who sometimes downplay the camps because it’s not live, they are not in pads, the drills are slanted in favor of certain skill positions etc...

All kids look good in their Highlight films.Thats why they are called HIGHlights.Thats why I chuckle a lot at the many superscouts we have on the sight who make judgements made because of some kids HIGHlights.

These camps have a tendency to find and show the future busts and overrated kids because they are going stud on stud.Best on best.

Not saying watching a kids highlight film won’t give you an indication as to how good a kid is but if your using ONLY that film as your measuring stick you’re gonna be fooled more often than not.

Advertisement
Camps are extremely important for certain positions mainly dbs and wrs because its about how do you get open, how do you handle the different types of wrs, different dbs and styles that are elevated compared to what your HS schedule challenges you with. Also olineman because they're naturally at disadvantages so can they hold up? How are their hands? Footwork? In a split second can they diagnose whats coming at them and hold their own.

Advertisement
Back