247 Updated

CanesFan93

Junior
Advertisement
College football recruiting rankings for 2019: Georgia commit Nolan Smith is new No. 1

Ivins' article
Miami linebacker commit Avery Huff rises in the new Top247 rankings as does Evan Neal and Khris Bogle while Jeremiah Payton takes a little tumble

Neal moved up
Bogle moved up
Huff moved up
McIntosh moved down because of prior camps
Payton moved down 42 spots(because hes committed to Miami)
Keontra moved down 4 spots
How do you explain Avery Huff moving up then?

Some thoughts:
  • DE, George Karlaftis (Purdue commit) up 12 to 9. They really love this kid
  • WR, Kyle Ford up 32 to 13. Get him on a visit
  • RB, John Emery up 48 to 16. Get him on a visit
  • No. 234 OLB Avery Huff (Miami commit)
  • Payton dropping 42 spots is a joke. He tore up the opening and all camps before he tweaked his ankle
  • Rique dropped 8 spots to 19.

Some thoughts:
  • DE, George Karlaftis (Purdue commit) up 12 to 9. They really love this kid
  • WR, Kyle Ford up 32 to 13. Get him on a visit
  • RB, John Emery up 48 to 16. Get him on a visit
  • No. 234 OLB Avery Huff (Miami commit)
  • Payton dropping 42 spots is a joke. He tore up the opening and all camps before he tweaked his ankle
  • Rique dropped 8 spots to 19.
Ill get those guys on a visit right away. Appreciate the suggestion

Advertisement
How in the **** does does Payton drop. Guy destroyed in Texas
Because he didn’t test as an elite athlete, doesn’t seem to run the 40 that well (although he plays faster than a. 4.7 40 and had a 4.7 shuttle time which isn’t good. He still is an elite playmaker and his biggest impact is on the field period

Ill get those guys on a visit right away. Appreciate the suggestion
Those two have expressed interest in us. Ford reached out and we offered him. Emery goes to Ed Reed's HS and works out with Ed. Worth shooting our shot with those two.

Advertisement
How in the **** does does Payton drop. Guy destroyed in Texas
I understand why some people's feelings are getting hurt by this, but two things:
1 - He is still in the top 100. He didn't drop to #2671 or something. He is still considered elite. It is splitting hairs moving around in the top fraction of a percentage of players.
2 - Not sure if you bothered to click on the article, but Ivins says he was outperformed by other wide receivers at the most recent event. Acknowledges that he is still a top 100 player, but was simply out shined.

Also, it is good that we can assume Trey Sanders and Noah Cain are silent Miami commits since they dropped in the rankings and that only happens to Miami commits.

Something that stood out to me is there are 13 kids in the 247 from the state of GA that are committed to OOS. Reckon UGA is *****ing about that?
Remember when @SayWhat tried to say uga was just cleaning up the state in recruiting and it’s because of him. It ain’t happening this year for sure

Advertisement
I
How in the **** does does Payton drop. Guy destroyed in Texas[/QUOTE

I'll never understand why anyone worries about this crap and the supposed miami bias in rankings. If you love a guy then i'd rather he stays or drops so more schools stop going after him. Instead we want them all to go to the top and then get upset when the likes of Bama swoop in late and take. Stop worrying about it.

Take yalls cane shades off please. Peyton is a great player but he hasnt dominated specially testing wise. What im more surprised about is that they dropped the **** out of Trey Sanders.

Advertisement
Because he didn’t test as an elite athlete, doesn’t seem to run the 40 that well (although he plays faster than a. 4.7 40 and had a 4.7 shuttle time which isn’t good. He still is an elite playmaker and his biggest impact is on the field period

The issue I have is they apply criteria like that with consistency. Amon Ra St Brown ran a 4.67 at 5'11" last year and was their #1 WR. Payton is 4.74 at 6'1". Not much differnce, yet Payton takes a tumble.

Also look at Jaden Haselwood's testing #s, not much different from Payton either.

They just aren't consistent with their criteria, that's my biggest issue.

Take yalls cane shades off please. Peyton is a great player but he hasnt dominated specially testing wise. What im more surprised about is that they dropped the **** out of Trey Sanders.

It's not like the guys ahead of him are running 4.4s.

You say he hasn't dominated testing, which is true, but he's not much different from most of the guys they bumped above him.

The issue I have is they apply criteria like that with consistency. Amon Ra St Brown ran a 4.67 at 5'11" last year and was their #1 WR. Payton is 4.74 at 6'1". Not much differnce, yet Payton takes a tumble.

Also look at Jaden Haselwood's testing #s, not much different from Payton either.

They just aren't consistent with their criteria, that's my biggest issue.
I don't know if you watched the opening but Payton was outshined by a lot of guys.

Advertisement
Back