247 Responds to Rankings Fiasco

Advertisement
This dude worded the transferring situation poorly - they were saying they realized they were missing the On3 ranking when they went to update what school he attends.

I think it’s an honest mistake on 247’s part - the real issue is using On3’s rankings to begin with.

According to Andrew Ferrelli our top 5 commits average out to 53rd on 247 but 108th on On3…

I would hate to see Stanco fall down a flight of stairs at Hard Rock because he tripped.

Should really keep his head onna swivel with those pesky cracks in concrete and all.

#ItsADangerousWorld
b509de92-112a-4cc9-a556-023aca98995a_351202492894931.gif

Advertisement
So they adjust every players ranking individually? Cause otherwise they should just link the profile and pull the ranking from all the websites in and calculate the averages automatically. There shouldn’t be a situation where he transfers schools and you have to go and update his rankings by hand…

That seems like abs explanation. Notre maybe if his on3 profile was never linked to the calculator in the first place, but how him transferring to IMG changes anything makes zero sense
If anything, his ranking should have gone up. IMG is one of the top 5 HS programs in the nation (in not the top), and he will be playing top competition every week and in practice.

The only reason they are commenting at all is because they have to be losing a decent amount of subscribers from this, and are doing damage control to slow the bleeding. They drop our players’ rankings all the time and say nothing. This is like a tip of the iceberg situation for many of the people that choose to pay for information. Paying hard-earned money to the service just for them to disrespect the player (and by extension, the fans) afterward.
yes. And Lake and Stock have the most to lose from Cane subscribers cancelling.... Lake and Gaby did a podcast today addressing the situation and talked about what happened on their end - what they were told about it and when they got that information. sounds like Lake really blasted the 247 people. He refers to the whole situation as "incompetent" ..... I will say that many, many subscribers to 247 AND ON3 are calling for 247 to discontinue including ON3 info until the site "proves itself"

I keep explaining to you privileged ruling members and supporters that being fans of The U would expose you the kinds of actions, when not major may seem minor or even juvenile, but nonetheless creates an impact or simple frustrations. In my America, this is everyday life, something you never experience or encounter in your everyday lives. The big "legislation" will be our Conference issues. Hope all ends better than it did in 2020.

yes. And Lake and Stock have the most to lose from Cane subscribers cancelling.... Lake and Gaby did a podcast today addressing the situation and talked about what happened on their end - what they were told about it and when they got that information. sounds like Lake really blasted the 247 people. He refers to the whole situation as "incompetent" ..... I will say that many, many subscribers to 247 AND ON3 are calling for 247 to discontinue including ON3 info until the site "proves itself"
I don’t understand why 247 is including On3. The On3 rankings are so far off that it gives them way too much weight in the composite and this is a competitor to 247. They are legitimizing a competing company with no basis to do so.

Advertisement
I don’t understand why 247 is including On3. The On3 rankings are so far off that it gives them way too much weight in the composite and this is a competitor to 247. They are legitimizing a competing company with no basis to do so.
Shannon Terry.

Advertisement
I think it was Ivins who came out and said that if schools known for development take a lower rates guy they revaluate because someone like Saban sees something they didn't at first. Often leads to increased ranking. They also have said they will do the opposite for guys like Miami because the likely hood of them making it to an early draft round is lessened.

Let's hope Mario changes that perception/confirmation bias.

I think it was Ivins who came out and said that if schools known for development take a lower rates guy they revaluate because someone like Saban sees something they didn't at first. Often leads to increased ranking. They also have said they will do the opposite for guys like Miami because the likely hood of them making it to an early draft round is lessened.

lol thats not how it works though. rate the school on development rankings then. players aren't being coached by that school yet so they're being ranked on their HS development

Advertisement
They can say what they want, them dropping stars from players who commit to Miami the instant they actually commit has happened, still happens and will happen and no one can tell me its not deliberate.

This goes deeper than just Wayne.

Tripp was a 4 star when he was trending to Penn State. He commits to Miami and drops at least 70 places and is currently a 3 star.

Ray Ray was the 84 ranked player when he was committed to Clemson and now he is the 105 ranked player.

Emory Williams is ranked 730 something when he probably should be ranked in the top 400 based on his Elite 11 Finals performance.

This goes deeper than class rankings. These class rankings help determine point spreads in games to some degree. There may be an opportunity to make money when we play teams that we know have inflated class rankings relative to our suppressed class rankings.

Because On3 has its own composite ie the consensus which includes all of them. Think they wanted to fall behind. I hear what you are saying here though.

The first part of that makes sense and has happened with guys that commit to us as well

But even mentioning that when a kid like Wayne was offered by EVERYONE is ****kng absurd

Advertisement
Back