247 Responds to Rankings Fiasco

Advertisement
I don’t understand why 247 is including On3. The On3 rankings are so far off that it gives them way too much weight in the composite and this is a competitor to 247. They are legitimizing a competing company with no basis to do so.
On3 was started by the Rivals guy. So I’m sure he asked the 247 team to include his new site. And in return On3 does a composite and includes 247 ratings.

**** On3 and **** anyone who believes their bs excuse.

Glad we made a fuss over it though. Companies should have their feet held to the fire when ******* us over.

Good job Canes. Dennis Smith post is awesome too.

Rivals is a joke so On3 is definitely a joke. You know On3 is a bunch of bs when they have Tallahassee as a top 20 class lol

It’s like all of CFB is still traumatized by 2001. It’s an exaggerated amount of fear and scheming.
Mario had made all of this narrative control B sh*t so much harder for them. ‘They’ are all getting desperate and now it’s become quite obvious. I think everyone (including the recruits) saw right through the whole thing this time.

Advertisement
Glitches happen in technology, sure I get it. But they come off looking terrible on the timing of this. And **** on3 for having him rated so low which is the main cause of him being a 4 star now (why 247 includes them in the composite as a new company is dumb too). Either way we got a stud.

Isn’t Gary Ferbag headed to that stupid ON3 site? Tells you all you need to know about the quality of that site moving forward.

It’s like all of CFB is still traumatized by 2001. It’s an exaggerated amount of fear and scheming.
Mario had made all of this narrative control B sh*t so much harder for them. ‘They’ are all getting desperate and now it’s become quite obvious. I think everyone (including the recruits) saw right through the whole thing this time.
That’s some delusions of grandeur I’d only expect in Gator Tears. A stronger Miami isn’t great for the SEC as it means it’s another competitor but nobody is scared of us or has been scared of us in a good while. Now I do agree that they will soon enough but Miami was about to be taken off of life support and just allowed to flat line until we hired Mario. It was that bad.

Advertisement
I love the fact that many are going full war path on folks. Miami has been disrespected for so long and tide is turning fast.

The nation knows that competence is back in Coral Gables and people are working like mad to slow us down. First is was the coaching disaster, then it was Miami can’t hire assistants/ no1 likes Mario, then it was NIL/ Ruiz, and now it’s crapping on recruits.

For the first time in a along time I think the MC, his staff, and the fan base are aligned.

Mario wants blood and so does every Cane fan.

I ****** love it.

Dave Chapelle GIF by moodman

Advertisement
5 stars want to play with 5 stars, ask Bama UGA Ohio State about that. Espn, these recruiting sites, and other fan bases, especially in the south, have an unspoken agreement to undermine everything Miami.

These guys can't let UM have 4 or 5 5 stars in the class, that would open the flood gates. I am also concerned about how our games will be officiated this year. Got a feeling we will be getting screwed at A&M and Clemson. They have to do everything possible to limit THE MIAMI MONSTER.

They can't have outsiders smashing the establishment in college football. And make no doubt about it we are the outsiders.

Isn’t Gary Ferbag headed to that stupid ON3 site? Tells you all you need to know about the quality of that site moving forward.

Yeah, canesport became apart of on3. The most ironic part of all this is, Rivals who everyone tends to hate is the only one who has him as 5 stars…

Advertisement
Yeah, canesport became apart of on3. The most ironic part of all this is, Rivals who everyone tends to hate is the only one who has him as 5 stars…

I said in another thread that these kids that are getting screwed will play this year with a BIIIIIIG chip on their collective shoulders just to prove these imbeciles wrong….there’s a bunch of HS kids that are gonna get their clocks cleaned in the process.

I think it was Ivins who came out and said that if schools known for development take a lower rates guy they revaluate because someone like Saban sees something they didn't at first. Often leads to increased ranking. They also have said they will do the opposite for guys like Miami because the likely hood of them making it to an early draft round is lessened.

Let's hope Mario changes that perception/confirmation bias.
This goes back to what I wrote last week.
The people at these recruting sites do not know what they are doing. They rely on schools recruting a player to then know how to rank the player. More schools recruting a player means he must be good. And if school A, B or C is recruting him, he must be a 4 star at worst and probably needs consideration for a 5th star.
All of this only speaks to the complete incompetence of the evaluators. And our complete stupidity for caring.

I said in another thread that these kids that are getting screwed will play this year with a BIIIIIIG chip on their collective shoulders just to prove these imbeciles wrong….there’s a bunch of HS kids that are gonna get their clocks cleaned in the process.

Him showing out at IMG will be huge for him. Big step up in comp but going against FM every day will make him better. If he ends up being a 5 star, it’ll look like the ranking industry caved to the Miami mob which would be hysterical.

Advertisement
Back