247 Responds to Rankings Fiasco

Je-suis-Bagdad-Bob-je-peux-vous-assurer-quil-ny.png

Advertisement
So they adjust every players ranking individually? Cause otherwise they should just link the profile and pull the ranking from all the websites in and calculate the averages automatically. There shouldn’t be a situation where he transfers schools and you have to go and update his rankings by hand…
I think they are making the claim that the two updates happened around the same time and the On3 one didn’t carry over

Glitches happen in technology, sure I get it. But they come off looking terrible on the timing of this. And **** on3 for having him rated so low which is the main cause of him being a 4 star now (why 247 includes them in the composite as a new company is dumb too). Either way we got a stud.

How is 247 allowed to profit from ratings from other sites? Strange. Either way tbh Wayne’s tape doesn’t look like a 5 star. He can be a monster but needs to be coached up a ton.

Advertisement
Advertisement
How is 247 allowed to profit from ratings from other sites? Strange. Either way tbh Wayne’s tape doesn’t look like a 5 star. He can be a monster but needs to be coached up a ton.

It’s public information, I think if they made their rankings subscription based then they could run into issues. On3 has a composite too now. The ranking is what it is, it was just terrible timing on 247s part to do it right after the commit. Just wait until the next rankings updated and they could have avoided the need to have multiple employees come out to make statements.

Poor Gaby by the way, he was getting blasted and had nothing to do with it. It’s like Target changing their return policy and you go to the local store to yell at their employees about it.

This whole transfer schools thing is interesting...because south florida kids transfer schools at minimum twice a year. Good luck with that sh*t.....did they change JO JO TRADER for Class of 24 considering he left Miami Central for Chaminade...or will his rankings remain the same as long as he is a Ohio State lean next cycle

Like I said, I usually ignore the he fell because he committed to Miami stuff. This was blatant and egregious and exposed that it really is a thing. Cane fans is one of 247 highest traffic, Josh Pate said so and they continue to dish on us.

Let me say it again, the rankings matter to the kids, it matter for them and who they are gonna play with. It influences decisions. Therefore it matters to me.

Bigger issue is ON3 themselves. They suck.

Francis=13 (lower than the consensus)
Wayne=93 (way lower than the consensus)
Rashada=155 (way lower than consensus)
Riley=52 (slightly higher than consensus)
Ray ray= 225 (way lower than consensus)
Stafford= 86 (way higher than consensus)
Robby= 156 (slightly higher)
Tripp= unranked (idek what this means. Way lower i guess).

Basically Wayne and Rashada would he 5 stars without On3 and Ray Ray would be a lot higher and Tripp a 4 star without on3

Advertisement
F*** On3 for their SEC *******-gargling clickbait business model and for defaming Rashada with baselessly slanderous "reporting" regarding his NIL while not keeping that same energy for guys like Iamaleava who've signed more lucrative offers to play in the SEC.

Wayne is still a 5*
Rashada is still a 5*
Mauigoa is still a 5* no matter what they try to pull with him next

Crooked recruiting sites can't stop us from becoming 5* :neonu:

Advertisement
Like I said, I usually ignore the he fell because he committed to Miami stuff. This was blatant and egregious and exposed that it really is a thing. Cane fans is one of 247 highest traffic, Josh Pate said so and they continue to dish on us.

Let me say it again, the rankings matter to the kids, it matter for them and who they are gonna play with. It influences decisions. Therefore it matters to me.
One could probably argue that it also matters to their NIL value

Advertisement
Back