247 Reporting ACC...

Advertisement
Big booo awful idea
So what we end up playing who FSU GT Clemson and two of the NC teams since they are geographically closer

Advertisement
Lame idea. I imagine they are trying to minimize travel and the number of contacts between unknown teams. Plus, for a substantial fee, let ND have additional games to fill out their schedule, but don't let them have access to the ACC Championship unless they agree to be a full time member from now on.

So we would have a 10 game season like normal?

Not sure about playing just 5 teams especially when there are 7 teams per division. The NFL at least has you versing each team in your Division twice. Are we really going to have a division champ that had an easier path than another?

Not really a fan of versing the same teams over and over, but if so I'll take GT, Duke, Louisville, FSU, and NC State for my undefeated season, thanks. Haha

Advertisement
I want to know if this finally leverages ND to commit to being a full ACC member, as opposed the bull**** suck their ****s deal the ACC cut to get them in, but not really in. For those that don't know, ND operates under an agreement no other DI school has with a conference. Yea, shocker.

That deal is that all ND sports, other than football and mens ice hockey, are full time ACC members. Football plays 5 ACC games, largely (or maybe exclusively) of ND's choosing, in any given season. Logically ND leverages this for high profile games, to boost strength of schedule when needed, or for recruiting exposure.

Good deal for them, no question. It also allowed the ACC to move its "exit fee" up to something like $50 million, though I can't remember if that is accurate and I'm not sure that is enforceable as actual liquidated damages.

However, and in any case, f**k ND; I despise them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why couldn’t we play a 10 game schedule consisting of the existing ACC games on the schedule and then just add in two more Atlantic teams or ND seems more logical to me.
I know there may be some logistical obstacles but would be a much better version of a altered season

Advertisement
Back