247 Reporting ACC...

Yeah all three kids are going to come back instead of going into the draft, what a dumb take. Would rather have games now even if it means playing other teams than never seeing King play.

i think king would. doubt the other two would though. king could've left this year instead of transferring. he still needs another year of QB tape after redshirting his final year at HOU. for GR15, no season may actually benefit him than having one only bc he'd be picked top 15 at least right now.

Advertisement
I want to know if this finally leverages ND to commit to being a full ACC member, as opposed the bull**** suck their ****s deal the ACC cut to get them in, but not really in. For those that don't know, ND operates under an agreement no other DI school has with a conference. Yea, shocker.

That deal is that all ND sports, other than football and mens ice hockey, are full time ACC members. Football plays 5 ACC games, largely (or maybe exclusively) of ND's choosing, in any given season. Logically ND leverages this for high profile games, to boost strength of schedule when needed, or for recruiting exposure.

Good deal for them, no question. It also allowed the ACC to move its "exit fee" up to something like $50 million, though I can't remember if that is accurate and I'm not sure that is enforceable as actual liquidated damages.

However, and in any case, f**k ND; I despise them.

while its BS ND doesnt ever join a conference but gets all the perks, its largely due to their following. if they didnt have so many stupid fans, they'd be forced to join a conf already. that NBC deal and their reach allows them to pick and choose what they wanna do

This makes absolutely no sense. How do you determine the conference champion?

I don't like blowing up the divisions and I don't like ND being eligible to be a conference champion. Why in **** would you reward them over your conference teams?

I think they want to make ND a temporary member so they can just say the ACC is playing only conference games.

IMO, they should just ad games for ND, but they wouldn't count as conference wins or losses. Any team not playing ND could play 1 NC game. If they want to reach 10 games, then add 1 more cross divisional game or exclude ND entirely and have 4 cross divisional games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah all three kids are going to come back instead of going into the draft, what a dumb take. Would rather have games now even if it means playing other teams than never seeing King play.
Who said I think they are coming back?

i think king would. doubt the other two would though. king could've left this year instead of transferring. he still needs another year of QB tape after redshirting his final year at HOU. for GR15, no season may actually benefit him than having one only bc he'd be picked top 15 at least right now.
Jordan hasn’t been able to play a complete season (injuries). Rousseau has only played one full season. We know how this story ends though.

Just cancel the season and stop with the shennanigens.
Exactly. They are dragging this until the very end. It’s ridiculous. College in general will be online for probably the first semester. I’m supposed to start school on Aug. 24th. It’s going to be online

Advertisement
Wonder what the NCAA will allow. I hope they grant King another year. Along with all the players.

Advertisement
I got a feeling all this ****ering back and forth trying to figure this and that out is all going to be a mute point cause if these numbers continue to spike as they are now no college President is going to allow football...it will be not only a minor miracle if this season happens but I’ve Probably got a better chance of winning the power ball and mega millions twice in one week Than we do Of having a season at this rate...

Don’t want to be the seer of doom cause I really think we have a chance of doing something special with King at the helm but these college presidents are just not gonna let the season happen if for nothing else than appearance sake.....jmo

Advertisement
So what would the conference championship look like? And the playoffs?

Gentleman, this is an example of the ****show that our country has become. None of these conference presidents had the foresight to develop any sort of contingency regarding Covid. They just assumed, like our idiot president, that this would magically go away and they could continue to glutton themselves off those fat TV contracts.

They didn't take this seriously and it's evident by the sheer stupidity of these ideas.

I've been in the "we are playing camp", but after reading this....I'm not too confident brehs.

Unless these teams each one of them is in a bubble there will be no season this year. Even with that said I seriously doubt there is a season.

Advertisement
Back