247 Projecting every ACC team final record

The terrible record in close games could have easily been the other way around . While an 8 or 9 win season would have felt a lot better than 6-7, it was better for the overall health of the program to lose those close games. Imagine if they had gone like 8-5 and Dan Enos and Jarren Williams we’re both coming back? Those bad losses allowed Manny to purge a lot of the problem areas with the team. At the very least, how much better is it knowing that in a close game, a chip shot field goal won’t be a total crap shoot?
No argument here. Enos, the rest of the **** offensive staff, JW and Baxa all had to go. 8-4 probably buys them all another year except maybe Baxa. Just saying as bad as we were, and we were freakin bad, we were a kicker away from being an 8 or 9 win team. Manny's addressed the issues that plagued us last year so its hard not to be somewhat optimistic about this season.

Advertisement
I'm trying to be optimistic, but we were so bad at times last year it ain't easy. I still have major concerns about OL, can we convert on short yardage and on D, our corners worry me and we gave up way too many crucial 3rd down conversions last year. Good to great teams make their living on those "money" downs. We didn't last year, hence our ****** record.

Perkins was probably the best running QB they played all year and that was the best defensive performance of the season. The offense kept trying to lose that game but they he defense was not having it.
Canes fans love acting like we will perpetually suck and throw out crap like I responded to.

Predictions, in regular years, are almost meaningless. This year when you add COVID to regular injuries, predictions are absolutely useless.

Advertisement
Until these kids prove otherwise on the field, I say these experts are right.

Over the past 20 years, Miami has shown one thing again and again - our players are soft. One loss, and they give up on the season. One cold day, and they give up on the game. They only play hard during big games, so it's almost a given they'll blunder away one or two games against "lesser" opponents.

It happens again and again, year after year... yet every offseason we believe this year will be different. Not me. I fully expect the Canes to suck until they prove otherwise. That way whatever happens, I have zero disappointment. It's like rooting for the Milwaukee Bucks... if they win, great, if not, it was to be expected.

Our best player is "opting out" in order to get drafted in the 3rd round. Not that we'll necessarily miss him, but it speaks to a certain softer mentality you don't have at other schools. Seems like more of the same from Miami.

Gun to my head, I believe we win 7 games this year.

He's got an impressive individual resume but doesn't have a great W/L record as a starter, and was a little shaky last year playing in a new offense.

finished 14-for-27 passing for 167 yards and two touchdowns at No. 4/4 Oklahoma (Sept. 1)... also rushed for 103 yards and one touchdown on 15 carries...

was 15-for-26 passing for 139 yards with one touchdown and one interception in win vs. Prairie View A&M (Sept. 7)... also recorded two rushing touchdowns on six carries...

went 13-for-24 passing for 128 yards and one touchdown vs. Washington State in the AdvoCare Texas Kickoff (Sept. 13)... also ran for 94 yards and two touchdowns on 17 carries...

set the FBS record for consecutive games with both a rushing and passing touchdown with performance at Tulane (Sept. 19)... finished 16-for-33 passing for 229 yards with two touchdowns, including a 75-yard TD on Houston's first play from scrimmage, and one interception... added 116 yards and one touchdown on 17 carries to become the first QB in FBS history to rush for touchdown in 15 straight contests, breaking previous record held by Florida's Tim Tebow (2006-08).

What did the OU QB whisperer say about King after their game? Also, those four games you mentioned were in a new system (you mentioned) that didn’t quite match his skill set... (Important)

The good FAR outweighs the bad. We have a QB that kept UF’s starter on the bench after his Frosh year as a Prep. That kid never started again in HS because of King. Our QB destroyed the OU transfer from BAMA in a head to head While in HS. Then as a collegiate QB (as you mentioned), the guy tied Teabags record in only 10 games. 50 TDs.

I’ll take the good and the bad.

We lost to FIU, DUKE, LT, UNC, GT, and VT all by 10 points or less(?) King faced teams like that and DESTROYED them. This is King with under TWO quarters of play vs. Texas Tech... (FIU, DUKE, LT, GT..)

2C2F8487-4A78-4A04-961B-21A10FD55A0B.jpeg

He had FOUR first half TDs versus Arizona. Six total for the game. I’ll take the good and the bad.

Until these kids prove otherwise on the field, I say these experts are right.

Over the past 20 years, Miami has shown one thing again and again - our players are soft. One loss, and they give up on the season. One cold day, and they give up on the game. They only play hard during big games, so it's almost a given they'll blunder away one or two games against "lesser" opponents.

It happens again and again, year after year... yet every offseason we believe this year will be different. Not me. I fully expect the Canes to suck until they prove otherwise. That way whatever happens, I have zero disappointment. It's like rooting for the Milwaukee Bucks... if they win, great, if not, it was to be expected.

Our best player is "opting out" in order to get drafted in the 3rd round. Not that we'll necessarily miss him, but it speaks to a certain softer mentality you don't have at other schools. Seems like more of the same from Miami.

Gun to my head, I believe we win 7 games this year.
Orlando beat the Bucks last night...

Advertisement
Am mostly outta mope mode.

Agree that last year set us up healthier program-wise. silver linings. Super glad Penos and Pilsbury are gone.

That said, there is the show me factor. Can't hate on the managed expectations, especially how weird this year has been and what the updated schedule looks like.

Am worried a tad that UAB may look like directional michigan for 2.5 quarters. Am worried UL has improved too...Until I see a different animal in live fire, the stench of sky high expectations of Penos and first blush of Pilsbury from the start of 19 remain.

Still not sold on Baker. 4th and 17. Let's see. Young LBs and McCloud. Let's see.

Changes made are cause for REAL optimism, but let's see what happens if we go into game 3 after a 1-1 split shocker out the gate.

Are we still soft after winning another off season and going into COVIDpalaoza?

Man, I truly am hyped JUST enough to think not, but let's see.

All expert predictions of 6-5 and such are fair for now. I ain't sweating it.

thats the issue. i dont think well go 6-5 or 7-4, but can you blame them? we looked unprepared and unmotivated at times last year. well find out if it was due to the QB being useless and the OC being a bum or not. we havent actually done much to get the benefit of the doubt here
At times? We looked unprepared and unmotivated in just about every game.

Advertisement
Back