247 Projecting every ACC team final record

Advertisement
Just listened to Simmons and three others essentially kick Miami in the ribs for ten minutes. Few actual football points were discussed, just 3 versions of “Miami is dumb and doesn’t play good unless they get the big game happy juice; they’ll give up on the season after a few losses; King is unproven; Lashlee is unproven”.

It’s amazing to me how football guys can know the third team WR at Louisville but lose all sense of the game when it comes to discussing UM. It’s like the Bermuda Triangle of logic: as soon as Miami comes up in any discussion of the players and the talent vanishes and they’re flying on some voodoo instinct alone. There’s no conversation about potential high end finishes, no conversation about the roster at all, just a bunch of pseudo scientific jabs questioning every intangible under the sun.

But hey, we lost to FIU and La Tech, so I guess we have to eat up.
They lost credibility at "Lashlee is unproven."

My only notable takeaway from these "expert" predictions are that they have no continuity as to predicting who we actually beat. They all seem to figure we'll be mediocre (which I get, given our 2006-2019 performances), but with little overlap as to who we will lose to (or why).

Their predictions for F$U and UVag are similarly disjointed.

I'm betting they end up very wrong.
I would not bet on anything at this point...we all (Cane's fans) feel like there is plenty of hype, but we are supposed to. Reality, is that we have to prove everyone wrong. Most of these dudes are damned good at using statistics to throw out predictions like this, however they no **** about half of the teams they are talking about.

We should try to win all of the games we are supposed to win this year, before we ask for any respect from 'analysts' like this.

Advertisement
National writers like picking Miami to win 6 or 7 games but try finding a sports book with a 6.5 over/under win total for Miami.

Miami was a terrible 2-5 in one score games last year. That’s not even counting a 10 point loss to Duke or the bowl game that the offense never got off the plane for. Even if the team does not improve at all, the law of averages says their record would improve. If they had gotten beat down in their losses, I’d be less optimistic for improvement but this team was literally a few bounces away from winning 9 games last year with a horrible offensive coordinator, no line and a quarterback who didn’t show up half the time.

If you believe the new offense, new transfers and incoming freshmen on offense and new kicker will not improve the team one tiny bit, then I guess 6 or 7 wins is reasonable. If you think all those things will improve the team at least a little bit, you should definitely be expecting a large jump in the win column.

Past results have little bearing on future outcomes in college football. Especially when you have so much staff and roster turnover on a year in year out basis.

Not sure how one says King is unproven.

He's got an impressive individual resume but doesn't have a great W/L record as a starter, and was a little shaky last year playing in a new offense.

finished 14-for-27 passing for 167 yards and two touchdowns at No. 4/4 Oklahoma (Sept. 1)... also rushed for 103 yards and one touchdown on 15 carries...

was 15-for-26 passing for 139 yards with one touchdown and one interception in win vs. Prairie View A&M (Sept. 7)... also recorded two rushing touchdowns on six carries...

went 13-for-24 passing for 128 yards and one touchdown vs. Washington State in the AdvoCare Texas Kickoff (Sept. 13)... also ran for 94 yards and two touchdowns on 17 carries...

set the FBS record for consecutive games with both a rushing and passing touchdown with performance at Tulane (Sept. 19)... finished 16-for-33 passing for 229 yards with two touchdowns, including a 75-yard TD on Houston's first play from scrimmage, and one interception... added 116 yards and one touchdown on 17 carries to become the first QB in FBS history to rush for touchdown in 15 straight contests, breaking previous record held by Florida's Tim Tebow (2006-08).

Advertisement
He's got an impressive individual resume but doesn't have a great W/L record as a starter, and was a little shaky last year playing in a new offense.

finished 14-for-27 passing for 167 yards and two touchdowns at No. 4/4 Oklahoma (Sept. 1)... also rushed for 103 yards and one touchdown on 15 carries...

was 15-for-26 passing for 139 yards with one touchdown and one interception in win vs. Prairie View A&M (Sept. 7)... also recorded two rushing touchdowns on six carries...

went 13-for-24 passing for 128 yards and one touchdown vs. Washington State in the AdvoCare Texas Kickoff (Sept. 13)... also ran for 94 yards and two touchdowns on 17 carries...

set the FBS record for consecutive games with both a rushing and passing touchdown with performance at Tulane (Sept. 19)... finished 16-for-33 passing for 229 yards with two touchdowns, including a 75-yard TD on Houston's first play from scrimmage, and one interception... added 116 yards and one touchdown on 17 carries to become the first QB in FBS history to rush for touchdown in 15 straight contests, breaking previous record held by Florida's Tim Tebow (2006-08).
What was Houston’s w/l record without King? I mean we have to take into account the quality of players surrounding him. The man accounted for 30 points per game by himself in 2018 but the team only went 8-5. Not sure one player could possibly carry a team more than he did.

What was Houston’s w/l record without King? I mean we have to take into account the quality of players surrounding him. The man accounted for 30 points per game by himself in 2018 but the team only went 8-5. Not sure one player could possibly carry a team more than he did.
Exactly.

With all of the losses listed between those two guys the one that just won’t happen are wake and ncs. Just no way. Although clawson is a good coach and will scheme up a good game

and Virginia will be bad without Perkins

Advertisement
With all of the losses listed between those two guys the one that just won’t happen are wake and ncs. Just no way. Although clawson is a good coach and will scheme up a good game

and Virginia will be bad without Perkins

i mean the last time we saw the canes, they looked like they havent practiced in months. theyre just going off what they know. theyre also not as informed of the team as fans are bc they dont follow it as closely

Advertisement
National writers like picking Miami to win 6 or 7 games but try finding a sports book with a 6.5 over/under win total for Miami.

Miami was a terrible 2-5 in one score games last year. That’s not even counting a 10 point loss to Duke or the bowl game that the offense never got off the plane for. Even if the team does not improve at all, the law of averages says their record would improve. If they had gotten beat down in their losses, I’d be less optimistic for improvement but this team was literally a few bounces away from winning 9 games last year with a horrible offensive coordinator, no line and a quarterback who didn’t show up half the time.

If you believe the new offense, new transfers and incoming freshmen on offense and new kicker will not improve the team one tiny bit, then I guess 6 or 7 wins is reasonable. If you think all those things will improve the team at least a little bit, you should definitely be expecting a large jump in the win column.

Past results have little bearing on future outcomes in college football. Especially when you have so much staff and roster turnover on a year in year out basis.
What is the current Vegas O/U?

Advertisement
Back