247 Projecting every ACC team final record

Advertisement
4FB353CB-0D06-4C20-81A9-591FC6C89090.jpeg

Advertisement
Just listened to Simmons and three others essentially kick Miami in the ribs for ten minutes. Few actual football points were discussed, just 3 versions of “Miami is dumb and doesn’t play good unless they get the big game happy juice; they’ll give up on the season after a few losses; King is unproven; Lashlee is unproven”.

It’s amazing to me how football guys can know the third team WR at Louisville but lose all sense of the game when it comes to discussing UM. It’s like the Bermuda Triangle of logic: as soon as Miami comes up in any discussion of the players and the talent vanishes and they’re flying on some voodoo instinct alone. There’s no conversation about potential high end finishes, no conversation about the roster at all, just a bunch of pseudo scientific jabs questioning every intangible under the sun.

But hey, we lost to FIU and La Tech, so I guess we have to eat up.

Advertisement
History says they will be right.
We are fans so we will see everything in positive light.. but you cant lose to that GT team, struggle to last possession with directional michigan team (i dont remember which one), blown out by freaking FIU, and shut out by La tech and then hope for benefit of doubt from talking heads the next season..

Everyone should basically be like prove it, we have the talent but get it done on field..

Just listened to Simmons and three others essentially kick Miami in the ribs for ten minutes. Few actual football points were discussed, just 3 versions of “Miami is dumb and doesn’t play good unless they get the big game happy juice; they’ll give up on the season after a few losses; King is unproven; Lashlee is unproven”.

It’s amazing to me how football guys can know the third team WR at Louisville but lose all sense of the game when it comes to discussing UM. It’s like the Bermuda Triangle of logic: as soon as Miami comes up in any discussion of the players and the talent vanishes and they’re flying on some voodoo instinct alone. There’s no conversation about potential high end finishes, no conversation about the roster at all, just a bunch of pseudo scientific jabs questioning every intangible under the sun.

You nailed what I've been saying for a long time. It's almost like a Yakov Smirnov routine.

"In Miami, past experience dictates future outcomes. In every other college town, true freshmen perform brilliantly, new coaches turn everything around immediately, and the football players **** honey and crap chocolate."

Advertisement
if we actually finish the year with those two records (i dont think we will fwiw), then we better start looking at available coaches

Exactly, but if we win and play well, they will have a discussion of how our success was due to the "pandemic" and other teams not being at full roster or opting out altogether. :noidea:

Advertisement
We could win it all this year and they'd have the same prediction for 2021.

247 dip****s in 2021:
Sure, they won it all last year, but that was with D'Eriq King and the cloud of Covid hanging over. Let's not forget they lost to FIU and were shut out by La Tech the season before.

We are fans so we will see everything in positive light.. but you cant lose to that GT team, struggle to last possession with directional michigan team (i dont remember which one), blown out by freaking FIU, and shut out by La tech and then hope for benefit of doubt from talking heads the next season..

Everyone should basically be like prove it, we have the talent but get it done on field..

thats the issue. i dont think well go 6-5 or 7-4, but can you blame them? we looked unprepared and unmotivated at times last year. well find out if it was due to the QB being useless and the OC being a bum or not. we havent actually done much to get the benefit of the doubt here

My only notable takeaway from these "expert" predictions are that they have no continuity as to predicting who we actually beat. They all seem to figure we'll be mediocre (which I get, given our 2006-2019 performances), but with little overlap as to who we will lose to (or why).

Their predictions for F$U and UVag are similarly disjointed.

I'm betting they end up very wrong.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back