247 on Mario

So you’re telling me that you don’t want 10+ win seasons, top 10 recruiting classes, actually finishing the season ranked? Sorry but I’ll never understand these fans that refuse to be happy about any move this team makes. Hopefully you find some peace
No, I don't want to settle for the ugly girl with a bad attitude just so I have company. I never understand those that settle for less because they refuse to understand their potential. Be happy with 10 wins, GTFO, seriously? There was a time when the goal was national championships, anything else was failure. How soft have some become to want to be happy conforming to what the school wants, good boys, a yes man, and 10 wins and finish ranked. So 10 wins and say number 20 in the nation is successful to you, remember we play in the ACC?

Miami should be a perennial playoff team and should command the best for it's players. Tired of seeing talent not used to its ability, settling for good, but not striving for great. Bama got tired of being okay, now look at the run they had up until now. That could easily be us, but not with another in the long line of yes men. And no, Mario is not Saban, don't even try to reason it.

Advertisement
TLDR:
Hire Mario. He is more qualified than any coach we have hired since the Butch era.
Resume vs Resume Richt was better. Not saying he is the better coach at the time of hire, but Richt had better qualifications.

Jimmie's and Joe's or X's and O's? Look how many years we have had talent go to the NFL undervalued. Look at player regression here. Look how many S. FL. players would not have given us a top 3 class but became stars elsewhere.

Yes, Mario is supposed to be a great recruiter, but can he develop and game day coach the talent he brings in? I do not think so. At that point the talent leaves again.
Are you really trying to compare the talent we had with Butch’s recruiting compared to the recent talent we’ve had that’s gone to the NFL? It’s not even in the same stratosphere. Mario would bring in a class we haven’t had since Butch.

What are your thoughts after last night's game? I believe Mario just lost alot of our fanbase. His momentum got cut off. So now that half of our fan base has now said they don't want Mario. He just took a massive loss. And if we hire him before the bowl game, Kids will look at those Oregon games and be like "hold up". " I don't know much about this guy and this is suspect". So he is in question going into next season.. Meanwhile Kiffin just won 10 games in the hardest division in college football and has all the momentum going for him. And he will bring immediate excitement to our program and kids will be excited about the hire and want to come here. All of the fans know he can win here right now with our roster. But all they are worried about is him leaving in 3-5 years.. Well in 3-5 years their could be even better options for us and better situations for the next coach, and that would be a more attractive job. Just my thoughts on the right now

No, I don't want to settle for the ugly girl with a bad attitude just so I have company. I never understand those that settle for less because they refuse to understand their potential. Be happy with 10 wins, GTFO, seriously? There was a time when the goal was national championships, anything else was failure. How soft have some become to want to be happy conforming to what the school wants, good boys, a yes man, and 10 wins and finish ranked. So 10 wins and say number 20 in the nation is successful to you, remember we play in the ACC?

Miami should be a perennial playoff team and should command the best for it's players. Tired of seeing talent not used to its ability, settling for good, but not striving for great. Bama got tired of being okay, now look at the run they had up until now. That could easily be us, but not with another in the long line of yes men. And no, Mario is not Saban, don't even try to reason it.
Ok so you’ve conveniently avoided answering my original question. Who are we pulling here? You say we shouldn’t settle for 10 wins a season, who says I’m settling? We need that to start with because *checks notes* we have one 10 win season since 2003. Mario has two in the last three years. So you tell me, who are we getting here right now that elevates us to a level beyond where Mario puts us?

Advertisement
jean claude van damme dancing GIF

All this Mario mope vs slurper debate last two days making us lose sight of the moat important detail, no more Manny ! Just relax and savor the moment fellas.
Truth... folks here acting like questioning Mario as HC means folks want Manny. At the end of the day all of us just want this team to become relevant again. Manny, Butch, Mario, Lane, Stoops, I can give three flips. Just win!!!

Side note: if they open up wallet and pay for LEGIT OC & DC, plus some top assistants and recruiters. You think Manny can't have some success?

We're not a blue-blood so we cannot have our pick of the litter. The facilities aren't up to par nor is everyone on the same page within the organization. We have to settle for the ugly girl with a bad attitude. We're in no position to get the hot chick just yet. The goal should be surrounding the "ugly" girl with "pretty" friends in hopes that she takes her bifocals off and fix her hair.

Rad, Alonzo, and whoever they get for OC & DC are very important.

Advertisement
TLDR:
Hire Mario. He is more qualified than any coach we have hired since the Butch era.
Mark Richt:

-Overall Coaching Record 171-64
-Bowl Record 10-7
-2 SEC Championships
-5 SEC East Division Championships
-1 ACC Coastal Division Championship
-2X SEC Coach of the Year
-1 ACC Coach of the Year (2017)
- Walter Camp Coach of the Year
-QB at Miami 1979-1982

If Mario's career looks like Mark Richt's then he will have been an incredible success. If we had been fortunate enough to have Richt in his prime, he would be a legend for UM. Any coach that can have 9 10+ win seasons in the SEC is elite. I hope UM secures Mario and that he is wildly successful, but don't take Richt for granted.

So hiring one of if not the best recruiter in sofla with a committed admin behind him that currently coaches a team that would beat ours by 50 doesn't weigh in. LMAO

Advertisement
we are going to spend large on coordinators. Mario, TVD/Garcia and elite coordinators are going to lay a consistent top 10/15 team foundation here.

It’s about the infrastructure more than anything else and we are finally going to open the big checkbook.

I think somebody needs to go back during Mario's tenure at Oregon and find consistent examples of his team not showing up, not looking prepared, giving up early leads, and underperforming in Bowl games...minus the two spankings this year by Utah. I know some won't think this is valid, but I got to think when your head coach is distracted, as has been the case for the past few weeks with Mario, that the team comes out flat and mentally checked out. Someone do a deep dive and figure this out because I'm too lazy to

Advertisement
Mark Richt:

-Overall Coaching Record 171-64
-Bowl Record 10-7
-2 SEC Championships
-5 SEC East Division Championships
-1 ACC Coastal Division Championship
-2X SEC Coach of the Year
-1 ACC Coach of the Year (2017)
- Walter Camp Coach of the Year
-QB at Miami 1979-1982

If Mario's career looks like Mark Richt's then he will have been an incredible success. If we had been fortunate enough to have Richt in his prime, he would be a legend for UM. Any coach that can have 9 10+ win seasons in the SEC is elite. I hope UM secures Mario and that he is wildly successful, but don't take Richt for granted.
Richt with health concerns burnt out at the tail end of his career.

The article is hindsight. Richt at the tail end of his career, burnt out from coaching, with health concerns.
I’d definitely take Mario today vs Richt when we hired him. Richt’s resume was better, just not at the right time in his career.

With or without Mario.... the National Championship is still the goal. Slurpers, don't settle for less.
Obviously and nobody is slurping. But we haven't played a good team close since ND in 2017.

We're not going to win the national championship next year even if dabo or Saban came ...

So yeah we need consistent 10 win seasons to win a Natty

Advertisement
Back