247 on Mario

Advertisement
dave chappelle slap GIF

Come correct next time

Edit: link

Advertisement
Lake talks about where the Canes are and HIS thoughts on a possible timeline.

-
- He believes that talks with Miami will take place on Saturday at some point. Not sure if those talks will happen in person or on a zoom call but his guess is by Zoom.

- Once Cristobal has a sense of the offers from Miami and Oregon, and an understanding of what UM’s vision is for their athletic director, he will discuss the opportunities with his family and make a decision. Lake said he's been told that a decision from Cristobal, whatever he decides to do, will be relatively quick.

- Jason Crepea of The Oregonian reported on Friday that Cristobal’s extension would be in the $7M per year range. If Cristobal decides to leave Oregon for Miami, UM will have to pay a buyout of $9M to land him. UM will then have to pay a Manny Diaz buyout in the range of $4-8M. It is believed that UM would also have to pay Cristobal an annual salary in the $7-8M range as well. As we have stated all along, money will not be an issue with landing Cristobal.

- As of now, Cristobal is scheduled to be on the road recruiting for Oregon on Sunday, so it makes the most sense to get a deal done either today or by early Sunday morning at the latest. If Cristobal wants to come to Miami, he would want to hit the recruiting trail as soon as possible.

- What is NOT being said: …In his Pac-12 Championship Game postgame press conference, Cristobal never said he would be Oregon’s coach in 2022. Cristobal made it clear that he was going to listen to his options and make a decision on his future after doing so.

- Again, it is important to point out, while it certainly looks good with Miami landing Cristobal, a deal is never done until it is done. He genuinely likes his situation in Oregon.

- Interesting note; Lake said he was told that Cristobal was approached by Oklahoma and he supposedly wasn’t interested in having talks with them.

- Lake is under the impression that Miami’s athletic director announcement could happen relatively soon There is a lot of buzz surrounding Clemson’s Dan Radakovich and there is plenty of fire to that smoke. That news leaked out before Miami and Radakovich would have liked—and remember the first report of it being a done deal came out of Oregon. Nothing has been officially announced in that regard, but Lake thinks if an AD is announced by Miami relatively soon, it would be Radakovich. UM has contingency plans in place if Radakovich turns down the opportunity.

- Lake said while he has no real idea what the timeline is, his ideal timeline would be the following: UM announces the hiring of Dan Radakovich by the late morning. Next there is an announcement regarding parting of ways from Manny Diaz. Finally, there is a report by early early evening that Mario Cristobal is set to be the next coach at Miami.

No one knows if that is the way this will all play out but that could be an ideal situation.

PATIENCE!

Advertisement
let’s just assume lane isn’t a thing… so it’s been said by others just ask yourself a simple question would you rather have manny or Mario? Easy answer for me. If the worst thing that comes from Mario is he’s here for 5-6 years and we win a couple ACC championships and have invested major money in the program we’ll be light years ahead of the last 20 years and I’m ok with that.

True. I'm not a huge mario fan, he's not my first choice but he's a big upgrade so once the deal is done i'm ride or die.
If anything some of his GameDay struggles plus the pressure of rebuilding his Alma mater should push him to be the best version of himself as a coach. I'm definitely a little concerned about his offensive philosophy but if he nails his coordinator hires and I believe we'll be a force again.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The lastest 247 piece on Mario is a must read especially for those snowflakes who want someone else. It is time to bring home home.
Yep I was a "snowflake" that did not want Mario, but then I watched last nights game and was very impressed. His team dominated the trenches and was far better coached. I am now sold on him and his 62-60 record. I am sure I am leaving out his impressive record in the playoffs and National Championships, but we all know the PAC is the best conference in the nation, so what he has done speaks for itself not to mention the 10-3 record.

Yep, the "snowflakes" know nothing about football, and we should laser focus on one candidate like we did last time. I mean it was a really successful move.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back