247 on Mario

Advertisement
Yep I was a "snowflake" that did not want Mario, but then I watched last nights game and was very impressed. His team dominated the trenches and was far better coached. I am now sold on him and his 62-20 record. I am sure I am leaving out his impressive record in the playoffs and National Championships, but we all know the PAC is the best conference in the nation, so what he has done speaks for itself not to mention the 10-3 record.

Yep, the "snowflakes" know nothing about football, and we should laser focus on one candidate like we did last time. I mean it was a really successful move.
The one thing you're leaving out is recruiting in S.FL is on another level than Oregon. He could have a top3 class every year.

Yep I was a "snowflake" that did not want Mario, but then I watched last nights game and was very impressed. His team dominated the trenches and was far better coached. I am now sold on him and his 62-20 record. I am sure I am leaving out his impressive record in the playoffs and National Championships, but we all know the PAC is the best conference in the nation, so what he has done speaks for itself not to mention the 10-3 record.

Yep, the "snowflakes" know nothing about football, and we should laser focus on one candidate like we did last time. I mean it was a really successful move.
I mean two conference championships, played in three. Won a Rose Bowl. Top 10 recruiting classes. Who do you think we could potentially pull that is better than that?

Advertisement
Lake talks about where the Canes are and HIS thoughts on a possible timeline.

-
- He believes that talks with Miami will take place on Saturday at some point. Not sure if those talks will happen in person or on a zoom call but his guess is by Zoom.

- Once Cristobal has a sense of the offers from Miami and Oregon, and an understanding of what UM’s vision is for their athletic director, he will discuss the opportunities with his family and make a decision. Lake said he's been told that a decision from Cristobal, whatever he decides to do, will be relatively quick.

- Jason Crepea of The Oregonian reported on Friday that Cristobal’s extension would be in the $7M per year range. If Cristobal decides to leave Oregon for Miami, UM will have to pay a buyout of $9M to land him. UM will then have to pay a Manny Diaz buyout in the range of $4-8M. It is believed that UM would also have to pay Cristobal an annual salary in the $7-8M range as well. As we have stated all along, money will not be an issue with landing Cristobal.

- As of now, Cristobal is scheduled to be on the road recruiting for Oregon on Sunday, so it makes the most sense to get a deal done either today or by early Sunday morning at the latest. If Cristobal wants to come to Miami, he would want to hit the recruiting trail as soon as possible.

- What is NOT being said: …In his Pac-12 Championship Game postgame press conference, Cristobal never said he would be Oregon’s coach in 2022. Cristobal made it clear that he was going to listen to his options and make a decision on his future after doing so.

- Again, it is important to point out, while it certainly looks good with Miami landing Cristobal, a deal is never done until it is done. He genuinely likes his situation in Oregon.

- Interesting note; Lake said he was told that Cristobal was approached by Oklahoma and he supposedly wasn’t interested in having talks with them.

- Lake is under the impression that Miami’s athletic director announcement could happen relatively soon There is a lot of buzz surrounding Clemson’s Dan Radakovich and there is plenty of fire to that smoke. That news leaked out before Miami and Radakovich would have liked—and remember the first report of it being a done deal came out of Oregon. Nothing has been officially announced in that regard, but Lake thinks if an AD is announced by Miami relatively soon, it would be Radakovich. UM has contingency plans in place if Radakovich turns down the opportunity.

- Lake said while he has no real idea what the timeline is, his ideal timeline would be the following: UM announces the hiring of Dan Radakovich by the late morning. Next there is an announcement regarding parting of ways from Manny Diaz. Finally, there is a report by early early evening that Mario Cristobal is set to be the next coach at Miami.

No one knows if that is the way this will all play out but that could be an ideal situation.

PATIENCE!
Did ESPN read your report? They just reported what you previously stated. WOW!!!

I mean two conference championships, played in three. Won a Rose Bowl. Top 10 recruiting classes. Who do you think we could potentially pull that is better than that?
we aren't getting a better coach unless we gamble on an up and coming guy and win unlike we have the past three or four guys not including richt ,

Last edited:
The one thing you're leaving out is recruiting in S.FL is on another level than Oregon. He could have a top3 class every year.
Jimmie's and Joe's or X's and O's? Look how many years we have had talent go to the NFL undervalued. Look at player regression here. Look how many S. FL. players would not have given us a top 3 class but became stars elsewhere.

Yes, Mario is supposed to be a great recruiter, but can he develop and game day coach the talent he brings in? I do not think so. At that point the talent leaves again.

Advertisement
With the conference championships, are you speaking of the 12-2 or the 4-3 as being really impressive in the PAC? Of the 12-2 season, that was his first double digit win season, the 10-3 is his second, again in the PAC, perhaps worse than the ACC.

Top 10 classes that get blown out, impressive. Is that really what you want to continually see at the rock?

Again, **** poor conference wins, chokes when the big time is on the line, and cannot maximize the talent he has. No thank you

I don't get having to pay more money than what Oregon is paying. That's Mario’s agent speaking. This is home. It shouldn't be about getting more money. Getting even or slightly less money should do. The important money should be the assistants.

Mario isn't and has never been a coordinator. He's totally reliant on each coordinator. That's where the money needs to go. If I'm UM, I don't pay a premium. I offer even money and guarantee coordinators and assistants will be paid very well. That's the whole deal.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So, why does OP call anyone wanting a different coach than Mario a "snowflake?" Mario has to account for his bad losses. He's just being an enabler wanting to label anyone who is not on board with Mario. We saw people do this with Manny.

As anyone can see, the fanbase is split on Mario. The recent bad losses to Oregon has those against him shouting louder.

Mario is going to come into a divided fanbase. He's not going to get all the "good wll" people want him to have. Many fans are now skeptical. They'll be watching and waiting for the bad losses and if they do come, he'll be crucified like Diaz. That comes with the job.

Mario, or any new coach can earn that good will by getting that signature win in year one by beating Clemson, or getting to AND competing for an ACC title, or a TAMU win on the road with 10-3/11-2 season.

If Mario or whoever is the best coach, they can earn themselves a lot of good will next year by beating TAMU or beating Clemson or getting to the ACC title game. Going 8-4 or less Is not going to cut it. Not in a conference division that will be weaker next year than it was this year.

Last edited:
With the conference championships, are you speaking of the 12-2 or the 4-3 as being really impressive in the PAC? Of the 12-2 season, that was his first double digit win season, the 10-3 is his second, again in the PAC, perhaps worse than the ACC.

Top 10 classes that get blown out, impressive. Is that really what you want to continually see at the rock?

Again, **** poor conference wins, chokes when the big time is on the line, and cannot maximize the talent he has. No thank you
So you’re telling me that you don’t want 10+ win seasons, top 10 recruiting classes, actually finishing the season ranked? Sorry but I’ll never understand these fans that refuse to be happy about any move this team makes. Hopefully you find some peace

Advertisement
Back