247 is going in on blake james and the admin (new article just dropped)

Advertisement
she was literally just elected this year and what date she was elected, we don't even know. also, all we hear is fake *** rumors from a message board. Manny is getting fired, yet hes still here.

also when wont you realize the SCHOOL doesn't give a flying **** about whether the team wins lol. they never did. they only care a tiny bit now bc espn called them out. otherwise, don't be shocked if get another year of Manny

the law school has never really been amazing. the school puts the law school basically third in their tiers. its med school undergrad first.
Everything that I am talking about has happened since September, so I’m not sure why her being elected in June is relevant. Agreed they don’t, but they do care about public perception and everything I have said feeds into the fact that this place is a toxic cesspool right now. I also specifically said the law school under the watch of a UM law grad who went on to be the president of an AmLaw 100 firm. You are arguing for the sake of arguing.

On Laurie Silvers:

Silvers has served as a trustee for the past 15 years, chairing several initiatives, including the investments committee. Like Bass, she is a School of Law alumna, and it is that skill set as an attorney that she believes will help her thrive in her new role. “It’s being able to focus on the most important points of any discussion or issue, analyzing them, looking at them from different perspectives, and seeing all sides of a story,” she said.

She's been on the BOT through both Blake James and Manny Diaz hires.

Advertisement
On Laurie Silvers:

Silvers has served as a trustee for the past 15 years, chairing several initiatives, including the investments committee. Like Bass, she is a School of Law alumna, and it is that skill set as an attorney that she believes will help her thrive in her new role. “It’s being able to focus on the most important points of any discussion or issue, analyzing them, looking at them from different perspectives, and seeing all sides of a story,” she said.
What is this in reference to?

So is this good or bad?
Reading her background it appears she has very little interest in sports, except her minority interests in SFL sports teams

I’d assume it’s neutral to slightly not good

https://www.law.miami.edu/news/2021/april/lawyer-and-media-entrepreneur-laurie-silvers-jd-’77-commencement-2021-speaker

Advertisement
So is this good or bad?
Hard to tell. She's been there through the hires of the stooges in question. I googled her and read her biography. She's a bright woman who worked her way into her fortunes. I don't get the impression she is a stuffy academic type. She has established a scholarship in the law school affiliated with students pursuing public service.

A two-time University alumna, successful attorney, media entrepreneur, and philanthropist, Laurie Silvers is founder of the SyFy channel.
Even as the skeptics tried to convince her that a basic-cable TV station dedicated to science fiction would never succeed, Laurie Silvers held her ground, telling the naysayers that there was, indeed, a market for such a channel.

“I understood the strength of the genre in the world of entertainment,” Silvers, a two-time University of Miami alumna, recalled. “And I knew the advertising dollars would pour in because of the audience such a network would attract.”

“I like the ability to change the landscape, to come up with new visions and push them forward,” Silvers said.

It seems like she could appreciate the value of a strong athletic department to support the other goals of the University. We can only hope.

It seems like she can appreciate the value to the university of a strong athletic program .

Hard to tell. She's been there through the hires of the stooges in question. I googled her and read her biography. She's a bright woman who worked her way into her fortunes. I don't get the impression she is a stuffy academic type. She has established a scholarship in the law school affiliated with students pursuing public service.

A two-time University alumna, successful attorney, media entrepreneur, and philanthropist, Laurie Silvers is founder of the SyFy channel.
Even as the skeptics tried to convince her that a basic-cable TV station dedicated to science fiction would never succeed, Laurie Silvers held her ground, telling the naysayers that there was, indeed, a market for such a channel.

“I understood the strength of the genre in the world of entertainment,” Silvers, a two-time University of Miami alumna, recalled. “And I knew the advertising dollars would pour in because of the audience such a network would attract.”

“I like the ability to change the landscape, to come up with new visions and push them forward,” Silvers said.

It seems like she could appreciate the value of a strong athletic department to support the other goals of the University. We can only hope.

It seems like she can appreciate the value to the university of a strong athletic program .

Only as long as it pushes her SJW agenda...

Oh wow she founded the SyFy channel?

Ok that buys her until November to remove Blake James and Manny Diaz.

Advertisement
Reading her background it appears she has very little interest in sports, except her minority interests in SFL sports teams

I’d assume it’s neutral to slightly not good

https://www.law.miami.edu/news/2021/april/lawyer-and-media-entrepreneur-laurie-silvers-jd-’77-commencement-2021-speaker
That’s not necessarily a bad thing. Seems like she’s diversified if she’s put money into sports teams. If she invests her own money in sports I’d imagine she understands the value strong athletics. I could be hoping but I don’t think it’s a super stretch.

Ultimately a strong leader is needed. If she’s self made she may not accept sub standard results. Or she could just not give a ****. I guess the end of the year will tell.

Advertisement
Dont allow yourself to be tricked into thinking Blake shouldn't have known about the increase in pay from Adidas. Do we somehow believe Adidas snuck in a rider on the contract to give Miami more money???? NO! That was part of the negotiations.
Agreed, It wouldn’t surprise me if Flake went around bragging about getting that concession in negotiations at the time. Then due to his incompetence he just never bother to check to see if any other school ever got more money.

Ultimately a strong leader is needed. If she’s self made she may not accept sub standard results. Or she could just not give a ****. I guess the end of the year will tell.

I had the opportunity to chat with her a little bit a few years back when she was a guest speaker in my law school class. I was impressed. She is self made and is highly competent. Didn't strike me as the type of person who would fall for Blake James's bullsh!t.

Imagine the tax breaks given, deals approved, or things overlooked during his time as mayor. He has certainly made multiple people on the board well into the millions each.
He likely yields more power and influence now as the Vice Chair of the State Democratic Party than he did as Mayor. The national party was not happy with the previous guys results after the amount of money they poured into the state in last election cycle and he’s promised them significantly better results. They will provide him with any resource, access and influence that he requests. It’s why I’ve been saying Manny’s result have to leave no doubt he needs to be fired for BOT members to feel safe to “cross” daddy.

Advertisement
Back