247 is going in on blake james and the admin (new article just dropped)

Advertisement
If Mario says he’s not interested there’s so many variables I’d worry about lol. Right down to them just saying f it and keeping manny one more year. All the chips are on Mario and knowing these guys would you expect them to have a backup plan?

That’s the scary point. UM has taken the lazy cheap route so many times…. If our best course of action is Mario or bust, then all hope is lost

I know there is a lot of momentum for Mario. And I agree there are a lot of things to like about him as a candidate (having UM ties is something I deem to be irrelevant), but after all we’ve learned over past regimes we absolutely need to do a thorough comprehensive search with multiple candidates

If Mario says he’s not interested there’s so many variables I’d worry about lol. Right down to them just saying f it and keeping manny one more year. All the chips are on Mario and knowing these guys would you expect them to have a backup plan?
We will know how serious they are, if they meet all of Mario's demands he will be our Head Coach as long as Blake is gone too.

@Rellyrell - go follow & watch the video Billy Corbin has on Instagram to catch up with what goes on here in Miami.

As an example, the City Commissioner vote to fire a newly appointed police chief that came from Houston 6 months ago for exposing their corruption that has led to an FBI investigation.

This is where the Diaz family comes from. But I digress.
FML.
On it my guy. Sheesh!

you sound like a dude who has never lived in Miami and experienced a local election. it is literally how the entire region is run. we are the banana republic for a reason
I haven’t. 🤷🏾‍♂️ Lol

Visited more times that I can possibly even imagine, but I’m not from Miami nor lived there.

Advertisement
We will know how serious they are, if they meet all of Mario's demands he will be our Head Coach as long as Blake is gone too.
I think…

If Manny and Blake are fired, that means Mario is in.

If Mario declines, then I think Manny is safe another year.

Blake is fired no matter what.

So, it’s either Mario or Manny for another year under a new AD.

Just my guess

I think…

Just my guess

I think if Blake is canned this year, Manny is gone soon after. Manny doesn't stay unless he wins out.

Regardless if Mario wants in or not, how is this school going to hire an AD? And are we still going to try and do a GM-football like role? Is the new AD going to be good with this?

lol wow.

Laurie Silvers is the Co-Founder of the Syfy Channel; the Co-CEO of Hollywood.com and also a Co-Founder and the majority owner of the global esports organization Misfits Gaming, which owns esports teams with Franchises in League of Legends (in Europe), the Florida Mayhem in the Overwatch League and Florida Mutineers in the Call of Duty League.

She is the majority owner of five FM radio stations in Florida.

Laurie is Chair-Elect of the Board of Trustees of the University of Miami.

Laurie served as Chair of WPBT-Channel 2 from 2014 to 2016 and as Co-Chair of South Florida PBS from 2016 to 2018. It was under Laurie’s leadership that a merger between Miami’s PBS station and Palm Beach County’s PBS Station WXEL was achieved. Laurie continues to serve as a member of the Board of South Florida PBS and is also on the national PBS Foundation Board in Washington, DC.

what have you done with your career that she isn't capable of doing? she just got elected lol. she wasn't in there when Manny was hired as the chair. she didn't hire Blake. you act like she started some local access channel.
Esports ... for a second I thought it said something else.

Advertisement
I think if Blake is canned this year, Manny is gone soon after. Manny doesn't stay unless he wins out.

Regardless if Mario wants in or not, how is this school going to hire an AD? And are we still going to try and do a GM-football like role? Is the new AD going to be good with this?
No way, imo, will we hire someone as a GM-type just for football.

I think…

Just my guess
bail abandon thread GIF

many programs? name them. why can't we just hire a competent AD to run it all. it really isn't hard.
Maybe the word many was used loosely. I was given that info and ran with it. I searched 5 schools for myself and found 3 with a similar role. More importantly, why should Miami be afraid to be forward thinking? Scared money dont make money

Advertisement
Advertisement
I posted a couple weeks ago in the moves are being made thread the Bot was split pushing their own agendas rather than coming together to fix the program. There’s no leadership , just a bunch of individuals seeing who has the bigger ****.

Ive been told they’re going to change things this off season and make plans to run this like a big boy program, it’s just hard to buy into that when you know what’s going on behind the scenes .

Theres no leadership or anyone with a plan. That’s why I’ve been pushing for a former player to be the AD. I know he’s a leader and would have a plan.
cutting take it off GIF

Lake has been keeping the heat on but my question is what kind of connections does he have to be able to get some of his info or is he just putting 2 & 2 together (as many are on here).
I know he’s always stated his connections are more with people in the building than say recruiting. I know he said that numerous times when him and Ivins hosted the pod. I’m sure if he’s been covering the team for 10+ years he probably bumped elbows a few people with ears in Hecht.

Advertisement
Back