24/7 New post

Hopefully that promise of new found money is legit for his staff and recruiting purposes, and seven years is a good deal to build this program for the long term
7 years is a terrible deal. For once I agree with the unnamed UM administrator. Where would Mario be going if things are going well? His buddies will continue to give him extensions and they'd be massive ones. And if we're not sure about his progress 5 years in where it becomes an issue then he probably should've been fired after 4 if not sooner.

Advertisement
From my understanding stoops is the back up plan but I wouldn't be too surprised since they know his interest if they did circle around to kiffin. All things being considered the way I understand it is money was agreed on with Mario as well as commitment to staff. Apparently the only sticking point is Mario insists on 7 years while we have been sticking with 5... Unfortunately we just all gotta be patient cause there's always extracurricular crap In play here.

Jesus Henry Christ. If he’s the guy, get it done. Don’t ***** this up over two extra years

I swear to god if they **** this up because they didn’t want to add 2 ******* years…if he’s their guy then get it the **** done
Yeah but buyers remorse is real and I agree on 5 myself. As much as I know this works , we also have to account for the unexpected. He should understand simply being cautious at this point. But some give is necessary on both sides. Maybe 6.

Advertisement
Yeah but buyers remorse is real and I agree on 5 myself. As much as I know this works , we also have to account for the unexpected. He should understand simply being cautious at this point. But some give is necessary on both sides. Maybe 6.

If talks did fall through, do you think they’d try to get someone else or just retain Manny?

I swear to god if they **** this up because they didn’t want to add 2 ******* years…if he’s their guy then get it the **** done
Easy to say now because it isn't 2024 and we're finishing up an 8-4 season. Knowing we can't move on because the buyout is huge and there are 4 years left on the deal. Never operate like things are going to go perfectly. If 5 years and 40-50 million isn't enough to get Mario back home then he doesn't want to be home that bad and you move on.

If talks did fall through, do you think they’d try to get someone else or just retain Manny?
Stoops is a back up as of now but kiffin wouldn't surprise me since he's made it widely known his interest level. But outside of those 3 I'd guess he comes back. If he does he's probably long term at that point because the offense is only gonna get better with experience and they can carry us in a weak acc. But would be crazy to waste the potential of this team on this lame *** car salesman.

Easy to say now because it isn't 2024 and we're finishing up an 8-4 season. Knowing we can't move on because the buyout is huge and there are 4 years left on the deal. Never operate like things are going to go perfectly. If 5 years and 40-50 million isn't enough to get Mario back home then he doesn't want to be home that bad and you move on.

Stoops is a back up as of now but kiffin wouldn't surprise me since he's made it widely known his interest level. But outside of those 3 I'd guess he comes back. If he does he's probably long term at that point because the offense is only gonna get better with experience and they can carry us in a weak acc. But would be crazy to waste the potential of this team on this lame *** car salesman.

If the options are Christobal or Manny for a few more years I’d give Mario 20 years lmao

Advertisement
LMAO an extension…I’ll extend my foot up their a$$ if that happens.

From my understanding stoops is the back up plan but I wouldn't be too surprised since they know his interest if they did circle around to kiffin. All things being considered the way I understand it is money was agreed on with Mario as well as commitment to staff. Apparently the only sticking point is Mario insists on 7 years while we have been sticking with 5... Unfortunately we just all gotta be patient cause there's always extracurricular crap In play here.
So the whole “the new AD will decide who to hire” narrative was all BS?

Advertisement
Seems somewhat pointless if Mario comes in and wins, and it would only matter if he flops. He wins, he is getting extended and a pay bump after year 3 at the latest anyways. **** even then the buyout is what matters, not totally the length of contract, though that plays into it.

Our offense is gonna get better under what offensive coordinator? We just lost our entire offensive braintrust

BREAKING NEWS:

Clay Helton to Miami.
Animated GIF

Advertisement
So we’re negotiating with Cristobal before we’ve fired Manny or hired an AD? I’m skeptical.
Seems pretty common. There's sort of a parallel here with "You don't leave your current job until you've been hired at your new job."

I know there are all kinds of rumors and tweets flying around and it's hard to know what's real and what's BS, but I have zero doubt that there have been ongoing talks, whether directly with UM's administration or through intermediaries, to negotiate with Mario and see what can be done.

I am going to assume the AAV to Mario is $7MM because I haven’t seen a number mentioned.

If he is stuck on 7 years and UM is at 5, and the deal would be fully guaranteed (another assumption)…7 years is a long time. Basically it’s $35MM vs. $49MM.

I say either split the difference and offer him 6, or offer 5 with incentives and escalators that bring the total value of the contract to $60MM+ over 7 years (win the ACC, Playoff appearance, NC, **** I would even offer a small bonus for 10+ wins).

Advertisement
Back