24/7 New post

From my understanding stoops is the back up plan but I wouldn't be too surprised since they know his interest if they did circle around to kiffin. All things being considered the way I understand it is money was agreed on with Mario as well as commitment to staff. Apparently the only sticking point is Mario insists on 7 years while we have been sticking with 5... Unfortunately we just all gotta be patient cause there's always extracurricular crap In play here.

What is amazing is that "number of years" really means nothing in coaching contracts. Buyout/payout is the key contractual term that actually makes a difference.

Advertisement
If he wants 7, give him 7.

Franklin got 10, Oregon probably trying to up Mario for 10. Michigan State gave 10. Who knows what Riley got at USC.

Go big or go home!

Correct.

The market is the market.

If other guys got 10 and you are offering 5, go to 7.

If other guys are offering between 7.5 million per year and 9.5 million per year, match.

Don’t even joke like that man. God forbid one of these nuts snaps.
Yeah but buyers remorse is real and I agree on 5 myself. As much as I know this works , we also have to account for the unexpected. He should understand simply being cautious at this point. But some give is necessary on both sides. Maybe 6.
Coaches contracts are all about the buyouts anyways…5 or 7 years what’s the difference.Give him the 7 years just make the buyout more favorable to the school…

Coaches contracts are all about the buyouts anyways…5 or 7 years what’s the difference.Give him the 7 years just make the buyout more favorable to the school…
Sorry OCC was in the middle of posting this and had to fool with something else and by the time I got finished You'd posted yours.

But your right coaches contract are all about the buyouts…you can give him 15 if you want as long as the buyout can be written favorably…

If he wants 7, give him 7.

Franklin got 10, Oregon probably trying to up Mario for 10. Michigan State gave 10. Who knows what Riley got at USC.

Go big or go home!
bored over it GIF by Hyper RPG
Miami BOT’s

Advertisement
People complain because they either want attention, or they get so butt hurt when the information doesn’t come to fruition immediately that they lash out angrily.

Lions don’t concern themselves with the opinions of sheep.
@Cribby @JayCane20 @Brooklyndee @jps2344 @SouthParkCane @nycane and others I missed, you all know the real ones are eternally grateful for your nuggets, you all are true Cane brethren. Anyone who personally attacks them can go play in traffic.
Very well said my friend. I’ve been quiet on this topic but your post inspired me to respond. There is no logical reason to publicly **** on the few here who have some connections/insights into our beloved program. I swear, these ninnies coming out are the 247 crew to sabotage the competition lol.

We are a group of grown *** men with a sick fetish for this program. Any info offered up can be read and easily dismissed or even professionally debated if you so choose. But the public heckling is weird af.

I swear, I really wonder who is behind the keyboard of a few of the posters here and how they can function/operate their lives without turning into a train wreck.

I appreciate all you cats with old stories about the past, new info, recruiting info and so on. One of the big draws to this site for many. Just read the **** info, decide whether you choose to believe or not, perhaps a healthy debate about it, and move on to the next thread.

- You should always take this type of info with a grain of salt, but I had many contacts within the coaching community (not on UM’s staff) reach out on Monday and share that there is a sense that Mario Cristobal might be open to leaving Oregon if the right opportunity presents itself. It is worth noting that this wasn’t necessarily the feeling from these contacts a month ago.

- The open LSU position getting filled by Notre Dame’s Brian Kelly is helpful for Miami IF they decide to pursue Cristobal. LSU was always viewed as a situation that Cristobal would have some interest in, but now that position is close

Advertisement
-Again, Mario Cristobal has a game to coach this week with Oregon squaring off against Utah in the Pac-12 Championship Game on Friday. If parting ways with Manny Diaz could potentially make things awkward for Cristobal with having to deal with the speculation of the open Miami job in the public in the lead up to this week’s game, you operate in this manner. If that potential situation turns off the Oregon coach, you operate in this manner.

- If you read tea leaves and understand the timeline, Friday’s Pac-12 Championship Game is a big day for Miami. Again, there is a plan, but everything about this situation is day-to-day as we lead up to the Pac-12 Championship Game. If you desire change with the football program, you got through Monday. Next up is Tuesday. Patience.

- Manny Diaz and his coaching staff are on the road recruiting as they try to navigate a very difficult and awkward situation. Through various sources, I’m told that Diaz is handling the situation like a total pro and being up front and honest with recruits. Say what you want about the results Diaz delivers in terms of wins and losses, but there is no denying he is a good guy that is handling this situation as best as he can and he understands this is part of the college football coaching business.

- In regards to the AD search, I’m told Manny Diaz is relaying to recruits and families that reach out to him that he has been walled off from that process and that he is in a place where he has no influence on the direction of that search.

Sweet. I was told that Wednesday would be when Manny was fired, if he's going to be, because that's when his buyout drops. OK.

Now it's Saturday, because that's when we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings and fire him before we potentially bring in Mario. OK.

So, if Manny is still the coach on Sunday, what are the odds he's here next year? 150%? Or higher?

Advertisement
Sweet. I was told that Wednesday would be when Manny was fired, if he's going to be, because that's when his buyout drops. OK.

Now it's Saturday, because that's when we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings and fire him before we potentially bring in Mario. OK.

So, if Manny is still the coach on Sunday, what are the odds he's here next year? 150%? Or higher?
Lol it's ridiculous at this point. Mario out here running a program that he isn't a part of lol

He said something about Zo or Gino being up for ASSOCIATE AD only. So unless there are smokescreens galore or he's being.fed misinformation (totally possible imo....and i sure hope that's the case), the actual AD will probably be extremely underwhelming.

Advertisement

This
It’s a joke because that’s exactly what is going to happen.

- You should always take this type of info with a grain of salt, but I had many contacts within the coaching community (not on UM’s staff) reach out on Monday and share that there is a sense that Mario Cristobal might be open to leaving Oregon if the right opportunity presents itself. It is worth noting that this wasn’t necessarily the feeling from these contacts a month ago.

- The open LSU position getting filled by Notre Dame’s Brian Kelly is helpful for Miami IF they decide to pursue Cristobal. LSU was always viewed as a situation that Cristobal would have some interest in, but now that position is close

How long until some genius writer connects Catholic Cristobal to Notre Dame?

Advertisement
Back