2024 24 3* QB Luke Moga from AZ

Advertisement
Kid has some wheels. I really want us to land a true DT type who must be respected as a runner/scrambler too. Still like Noland as qb1 but this kid has intriguing traits.
Like them both, but this kid appears to be a better athlete and more a dual threat.

Wasn't expecting much but after watching that film I like this guy a lot. Bigtime wheels but still keeps his head up and finds guys open after breaking the pocket. Not just a run first mentality. Not sure about the anticipation but when he does see it he open up he reacts quick and gets it on his guy. Important for a scrambling QB.

Advertisement
If we're taking QB's and this kid is one of them, that's great. Wheels, hitting the RPO, few deep balls. I like him.

I like his athleticism & natural speed & there isn’t bigger proponent of recruiting AZ QB’s than me...

The one question I have is how the ball comes out on his delivery, his release looks like it effects the velocity on the ball IMO. If it’s just mechanics that can be fixed.

But overall he’s a solid developmental QB that probably wouldn’t be ready for a few years, depending on what kind of system he’ll be playing in.

Advertisement
I like his athleticism & natural speed & there isn’t bigger proponent of recruiting AZ QB’s than me...

The one question I have is how the ball comes out on his delivery, his release looks like it effects the velocity on the ball IMO. If it’s just mechanics that can be fixed.

But overall he’s a solid developmental QB that probably wouldn’t be ready for a few years, depending on what kind of system he’ll be playing in.

It's mostly core-strength on that film because his feet aren't well set, but that's just the athleticism taking over and it works for him. He has a little 3/4, but gets the ball up high and that athleticism will enable him to dial it up down the line.

Last edited:
Advertisement
his second film has WR/KR/QB footage.
Makes sense for kid to put his versatility in front of scouts, I like that. Since we just had the next “Ken Dorsey” enroll, I’m going to say he’s the next Taysom Hill

Makes sense for kid to put his versatility in front of scouts, I like that. Since we just had the next “Ken Dorsey” enroll, I’m going to say he’s the next Taysom Hill

That notion is likely based on arm-talent and I think that's gonna be debunked pretty soon.

Advertisement
I know QB’s typically commit a lot earlier? Does he have a commitable offer. Is he in any sort of commit watch?
I don't think its normal for a recruit to get an offer on a Monday during a school week and fly across the country on his own dime for a mid-week visit. OTOH, I would question how any QB could commit w/o an OC or QB coach in place. I would think if we had an OC, he'd be on a commit watch. As it is, I doubt anything happens before Junior day when the staff will be known.

Give me a qb that makes all the reads , anticipates throws , good accuracy and enough legs to break defenses backs on third downs. You run man he hauls ***. Those are the types you can’t stop in the right offense.
This! I like this kid

Advertisement
Back