2024 WR Joshisa "Jojo" Trader (Miami Central) 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to high school with a Parade AA RB. Paterno told him if you play LB, you'll be in the NFL.

He went to OSU, got recruited over the following season, and ended up at Maryland. He never sniffed the NFL.

Some kids are stubborn. Not saying Trader is, but he wouldn't be the first to dig his heels.
Missing out on the NFL is well worth it if it means blowing Sandusky in the showers

Think About It GIF by Identity

Advertisement
I think the biggest issue for people to realize what's going on with trader is NOT EVERYONE sees him as a wr. Does that mean a 5 star player wouldn't have a green light wherever he wants to go? I'd personally say not likely cause kids like him more often than not you just do what you got to in order to get him on campus than you go from there. It's different if you're a high integrity spot and your word means a lot to you but I don't think that's the case often anymore. Good as he is and as high as his potential is at wr, I think personally that it's even higher at safety. The kid displays absolutely ELITE traits at safety. Personally I think that's where I'd want him at from day #1. But that's just my take on him.
Not entirely sure about Safety, but could not agree with you more about DB in general. I'd like to see how he does at both spots - perhaps with a first look at boundary corner. Of course, I notoriously try to make (at least get to see) too many players DBs, so I'm admittedly biased. The combination of Trader's frame, acceleration, and short area skills are *nearly perfect* for DB play these days. So many great attributes a good DB coach could mold. I don't know much about his anticipation or mental game, but he's got the physical DB attributes to be a star.

Today's Through the Smoke Instant Reaction podcast, Gaby says Trader was the alpha dog at Legends camp. Miami is in a very good spot here.

Gaby also noted that every time that Trader visits, Mack is with him. A Mack commitment would solidify Chance, greatly influence Patterson and have a role w/Smith.
Is Mack KingJoseph Edwards? Or who exactly

Edit: Ryan Mack, thanks

Advertisement
After seeing that rep with him I don't see OSU giving him the green light. I don't even understand how he's a five star. Four star yeah five? Nah. Smith is a legit burner and has five star gifts. I can see why some look at him as a db now.

After seeing that rep with him I don't see OSU giving him the green light. I don't even understand how he's a five star. Four star yeah five? Nah. Smith is a legit burner and has five star gifts. I can see why some look at him as a db now.
I agree, but just to be clear why he has that rating is because when the lights come on in the biggest situations he delivers. Also it’s not his speed that is his best trait, it’s his ability to make acrobatic catches. I think he is a high 4 star in the top 50 range but not a 5.

Advertisement
I agree, but just to be clear why he has that rating is because when the lights come on in the biggest situations he delivers. Also it’s not his speed that is his best trait, it’s his ability to make acrobatic catches. I think he is a high 4 star in the top 50 range but not a 5.
Alot of kids have this value of being catch radius guys. Very small percentage become dogs, I hope he can separate at the net level cause its going to be tough. Would still take him to see if they can get the best out of him.

Alot of kids have this value of being catch radius guys. Very small percentage become dogs, I hope he can separate at the net level cause its going to be tough. Would still take him to see if they can get the best out of him.
I think he will separate with ease at the next level. Like I said, not a 5 star blazer but he has more than adequate speed and great quickness. I think most just had the wrong idea of what he was... He was a top 15 player initially and when you see that and the fact that he is 5'11 you will naturally expect a Zachariah Branch type speed demon which he is not.

I really dislike that Trader left Central. I think it woulda been much easier to recruit him. Because at Chaminade he is obviously gonna get compared to JJ and his recruitment should be much different and maybe honesty would work better if he in fact is a better DB. I say if cuz i havent watched his DB highlights

Advertisement
Wasn’t it a big deal back when we were filling out the staff that they reached out to Smith first and Trader didn’t like that?

OSU slow playing him no harm no foul though huh

Wasn’t it a big deal back when we were filling out the staff that they reached out to Smith first and Trader didn’t like that?

OSU slow playing him no harm no foul though huh
Seems like miami is in a good spot and even if miami wasn't OSU and Miami are a little different when comparing offenses the last 5 or so years.

Seems like miami is in a good spot and even if miami wasn't OSU and Miami are a little different when comparing offenses the last 5 or so years.
If we are then that’s great.

And I agree is it different: one school texted him second after his teammate, the other is willing to take his teammate’s commitment but can wait on his.

Assuming all that’s true, I know which sounds worse to me

Advertisement
If we are then that’s great.

And I agree is it different: one school texted him second after his teammate, the other is willing to take his teammate’s commitment but can wait on his.

Assuming all that’s true, I know which sounds worse to me
Chalk it up to the game, not sure if you noticed but the Center we were after for months committed to Bama within 72 hours of getting the offer. Some teams have this luxury.

Ermon was his own victim. Plenty of people were skeptical on him at wr and he refused to play anything else. He actually wasn't bad as a db.
I would of taken a hard look in the mirror and chose to make money than be a playmaker. Egos be too big at that point, takes a special person to deliver that message for them to accept it.

I would of taken a hard look in the mirror and chose to make money than be a playmaker. Egos be too big at that point, takes a special person to deliver that message for them to accept it.
We have to acknowledge we're going through that exact thing right now. He's just far better at what should be a secondary position than ermon was as a reciever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back