2024 Transfer Portal

Fair points. I’m not suggesting Jakai is an answer to anything.

It was more an indication on how I’d rather not see Love in a Canes uniform. I suspect L feels similarly.
Love def takes too many bad shots. He is also streaky as **** but, when he's on, he's pretty good. Have no idea what kind of a locker room presence he is, for good or bad.

Advertisement
The wrong Miami

...the 6-foot-10 (Nelson's official measurement by the NBA)... Nelson has yet to appear on any credible mock draft boards for the 58 picks available in the two-round soiree, for what that's worth, yet he did meet with nine teams in Chicago this week and his physical tools were on display during testing, drills and scrimmages. There aren't many 6-10 players who can move like Nelson in both speed and agility, plus he has the ball-handling skills of much smaller players. Nelson said he's given zero thought to the college options available to him — his family is handling that side of things — because everything he's doing is to get to the NBA in June.

...asked Grant which bluebloods had reached out, he declined to be specific but said: "Almost all of them." Nelson, though, will want the right fit. If his goal is to improve his draft position, he'll want a team that spreads the floor and runs an NBA-style offense to best showcase his talents...

Advertisement
Matter of opinion. I'd bet there's at least 100 programs right now who'd take him in a heartbeat. 17 ppg in an off year. That type of scorer doesn't grow on trees.
1684553801796.jpeg
36% from the field. 31% 3pt shooter. I think they do actually grow jags like this on trees. 5 star underachiever.

View attachment 239054 36% from the field. 31% 3pt shooter. I think they do actually grow jags like this on trees. 5 star underachiever.
If he's poison in the locker room, that's a whole different thing. Otherwise, he's still a highly sought commodity by top programs with the need for a 2G.

247 reported yesterday that UConn, Arizona, Baylor, Kansas State, Illinois, Texas and Louisville apparently have interest. How much, we'll have to wait and see.

Advertisement
Any news or rumors out there? Are we done, or are we still pursuing transfers?
I heard after Cleveland that we were still after a high level guy, but that’s pretty much died in the last few weeks. Doesn’t mean we aren’t, but I haven’t heard anything.

Advertisement
Well, we can cross Aire withdrawing from the portal off the list. I'd love to see Nelson or Spencer come here, but I don't think that's going to be the case. I can't see them going into the season with a 10-man roster, so I wonder who they will plan to bring in now. L seems to want a Wong replacement, a Waardenburg type, or a backup big that can help Omier out and is willing to come off the bench. I'm really surprised we haven't pursued Olivier Nkamhoua from Tennessee.

Advertisement
Well, we can cross Aire withdrawing from the portal off the list. I'd love to see Nelson or Spencer come here, but I don't think that's going to be the case. I can't see them going into the season with a 10-man roster, so I wonder who they will plan to bring in now. L seems to want a Wong replacement, a Waardenburg type, or a backup big that can help Omier out and is willing to come off the bench. I'm really surprised we haven't pursued Olivier Nkamhoua from Tennessee.
Aire was never withdrawing from the portal LOL

Read somewhere recently he was likely to sign with Huggins at West Virginia.

CHAPTERS:
00:00 Introduction
01:18 Evaluating Lebron and Bronny James' Future
03:36 Evaluating Kiyan Anthony
06:17 Prospects Rising in the 2024 Class
10:03 Prospects Rising in the 2025 Class
12:10 Top Available Transfer Portal Players
12:28 Latest Intel on Caleb Love
15:11 Transfer Portal Winners and Losers
20:58 Impact Transfer Portal Player for Each Conference

Advertisement
Back