2024 Transfer Portal

Advertisement
I’d much rather give Jakai an opportunity than hand the keys to a guy like Love.

Pass.
I still wish we got a solid 6'11/7'0 type. Not a star but a guy to help when we face a UConn-type team. Give us 10-15 mins a game. Block shots. Allow us to not rush Nwoko. But if we found one who could pop out and hit a jumper too we'd be lethal. Like an even bigger Sam W. The kid from Oral Roberts who is like 7'4. Vanover i think is his last name.

Advertisement
I still wish we got a solid 6'11/7'0 type. Not a star but a guy to help when we face a UConn-type team. Give us 10-15 mins a game. Block shots. Allow us to not rush Nwoko. But if we found one who could pop out and hit a jumper too we'd be lethal. Like an even bigger Sam W. The kid from Oral Roberts who is like 7'4. Vanover i think is his last name.
Hopefully we can still add one

Advertisement
Advertisement
QFT

Is the assumption still that we will add 1 more guy? I would think players and teams would like to close up shop by early June on the roster... With Combine over, hoping we see some activity in the next couple of weeks... No idea who we might be after. Haven't seen us linked to a single remaining player aside from reaching out to Grant Nelson

Advertisement
Is the assumption still that we will add 1 more guy? I would think players and teams would like to close up shop by early June on the roster... With Combine over, hoping we see some activity in the next couple of weeks... No idea who we might be after. Haven't seen us linked to a single remaining player aside from reaching out to Grant Nelson
That is the hope of Nelson, his family and his management team — that one NBA team will view him worthy of expending a first- or early second-round draft pick so the decision to return to college will be rendered moot. Nelson would prefer to turn pro, even if almost every blueblood of college basketball has already shown interest.

Love is not a fit here because of Pack's presence. Period. Comparing

Jakai and Love, though, is ridiculous. Jakai may never see the court here while Love is an All-Conference level talent.
Fair points. I’m not suggesting Jakai is an answer to anything.

It was more an indication on how I’d rather not see Love in a Canes uniform. I suspect L feels similarly.

Very curious as well. @Peter Ariz Any insight?

Advertisement
Back