2024 Transfer Portal

Advertisement
2 wings I'd like to see Miami take a look at, if they haven't already, are David Jones (formerly at St. John's) and Julian Phillips (formerly of Tennessee). David Jones is from NY but of Dominican descent so playing in Miami might appeal to him. Julian is a former 5-star who seemed destined to be a 1st round pick at one point. That may still be the case, but if he's not happy about where he may land in the upcoming draft Miami could be a great opportunity for him to showcase his skills for a year or two. I think both these guys could be impact players next season.

2 wings I'd like to see Miami take a look at, if they haven't already, are David Jones (formerly at St. John's) and Julian Phillips (formerly of Tennessee). David Jones is from NY but of Dominican descent so playing in Miami might appeal to him. Julian is a former 5-star who seemed destined to be a 1st round pick at one point. That may still be the case, but if he's not happy about where he may land in the upcoming draft Miami could be a great opportunity for him to showcase his skills for a year or two. I think both these guys could be impact players next season.
Do we need more wings? I think another ball handling guard and another big man are much bigger needs.

Do we need more wings? I think another ball handling guard and another big man are much bigger needs.
Would be nice to go into the season with a full roster. The wing spot may not be a position of need necessarily but you can never have enough good players. Particularly ones with experience. Don't think Miami should take both I mentioned, but one of them along with a PG and a big would be nice.

Advertisement
Would be nice to go into the season with a full roster. The wing spot may not be a position of need necessarily but you can never have enough good players. Particularly ones with experience. Don't think Miami should take both I mentioned, but one of them along with a PG and a big would be nice.

I think L will bring in one more and holds the other spots for the 2024 class. He's after a few promising kids that would look good in green and orange.

I think L will bring in one more and holds the other spots for the 2024 class. He's after a few promising kids that would look good in green and orange.
I get that but with today's portal there is no guarantee we won't lose 3 next year. Plus, you figure Pack and Omier are gone for sure.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

Slick Rick flipped the roster at St. John's, retained three players from the previous regime, added 11 of his own guys, and Jones was not one of them.

Jones is undeniably talented but may have some baggage.

Nonetheless, it wont hurt to take a look. Jones is young, so he can be molded.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back