2024 Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Pure f**k s**t. I'm hurt, dawg.
Why are you upset we were never even an option for him lol. Just people being hopeful but he’s a NY kid going back home

Also I’m not sure he really fits. I think he would want to take more shots (at a lower efficiency) than would be best for the team.

IMO what we really need is a unicorn 6th or 7th man guard who is willing to transfer and be a rotation player but who can give us good quality minutes.

Also I’m not sure he really fits. I think he would want to take more shots (at a lower efficiency) than would be best for the team.

IMO what we really need is a unicorn 6th or 7th man guard who is willing to transfer and be a rotation player but who can give us good quality minutes.
Is there any chance that unicorn is George?

I agree with you. I’m not sure we need some low efficiency, volume shooter.

Would love to add one more guy, if it’s a big name then great but we’re in a good spot as long as Omier returns.

Advertisement
I know the portal is something to discuss, but how many big time players are coming to UM, or any other school, to be the 3rd or 4th option, at best?
Pack is #1, Omier #2, Poplar should be #3, Cleveland should be #4.
The first 2 guys are not giving up their shots, and guys 3 and 4 will want to leave after next year for pro basketball So they will want no less than 10 shots per game
So I know we say this guy and that guy, but there is only 1 basketball, and on a team with proven scorers, I just don’t see any big time player coming. This comment is not a knock on our recruiting, but it is a knock on what we can offer in our recruiting pitch. And it’s a great problem to have. We are pretty stacked for next year assuming Pack and/or Omier don’t completely surprise us.

So please don’t be upset when you see a portal guy go elsewhere because you need to understand it is a statement about our team depth more than anything.

Advertisement
Why are you upset we were never even an option for him lol. Just people being hopeful but he’s a NY kid going back home
I was just being funny, my man. Let the young man go where he likes. I still think he is an impressive scorer and an upgrade over joseph but I understand he is going home. Still need depth at the guard position, tho

Dingle was not a serious option here, best of luck to the kid as a Penn alum, watched him play

I know the portal is something to discuss, but how many big time players are coming to UM, or any other school, to be the 3rd or 4th option, at best?
Pack is #1, Omier #2, Poplar should be #3, Cleveland should be #4.
The first 2 guys are not giving up their shots, and guys 3 and 4 will want to leave after next year for pro basketball So they will want no less than 10 shots per game
So I know we say this guy and that guy, but there is only 1 basketball, and on a team with proven scorers, I just don’t see any big time player coming. This comment is not a knock on our recruiting, but it is a knock on what we can offer in our recruiting pitch. And it’s a great problem to have. We are pretty stacked for next year assuming Pack and/or Omier don’t completely surprise us.

So please don’t be upset when you see a portal guy go elsewhere because you need to understand it is a statement about our team depth more than anything.
Be interesting to see who becomes that third offensive option, Poplar or Cleveland. Today, I'd pick Cleveland to take that role. I don't count out Wooga, though. Kid made major jump in production last season and looks like he hasn't hit his ceiling, by a long shot.

Be interesting to see who becomes that third offensive option, Poplar or Cleveland. Today, I'd pick Cleveland to take that role. I don't count out Wooga, though. Kid made major jump in production last season and looks like he hasn't hit his ceiling, by a long shot.
I’m partial to Wooga because of how much he improved from year 1 to year 2, whereas I watched Matt decline from high school to last year. Matt definitely has the talent but L needs to unlock it again. If he can we will be rolling with at least 4 proven scorers.

Advertisement
I’m partial to Wooga because of how much he improved from year 1 to year 2, whereas I watched Matt decline from high school to last year. Matt definitely has the talent but L needs to unlock it again. If he can we will be rolling with at least 4 proven scorers.
Where do you feel Cleveland regressed?

Even with that regression, he’s been a very good ACC starter. L has a knack for getting the most out of this type of guy.

Even with that regression, he’s been a very good ACC starter. L has a knack for getting the most out of this type of guy.
Yeah, regression only from five star one-and-done expectations.

Very good ACC starter as a sophomore with obvious elite athletic ability. He's a big take and should take a big jump with better teammates.

It’s not really a fair comparison that I am making, but in high school, Matt was a very willing shooter. Certainly not someone who hesitated shooting 15-18 foot jumps hots like last year. A lot changes from high school to college but Ham has killed his confidence to shoot.
Read Matt’s own words about why he chose UM. Matt cited playing against Miller for 2 years and noticing how much Miller improved and the confidence with which Miller played.

In high school on a very good state champ team, Matt Cleveland was the star. He was the ultimate difference maker.

Advertisement
It’s not really a fair comparison that I am making, but in high school, Matt was a very willing shooter. Certainly not someone who hesitated shooting 15-18 foot jumps hots like last year. A lot changes from high school to college but Ham has killed his confidence to shoot.
Read Matt’s own words about why he chose UM. Matt cited playing against Miller for 2 years and noticing how much Miller improved and the confidence with which Miller played.

In high school on a very good state champ team, Matt Cleveland was the star. He was the ultimate difference maker.
You can say that about a lot of D1 players.

So, who are the remaining viable two guard options in the portal? Still need depth there. RayJ Dennis, Andrew Taylor, and who else? Seems like only slim pickings left.

Advertisement
Back